Last Time: Who To Draft?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Last Time: Who To Draft? 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:44 am

With the Draft on Thursday night, the Grizzlies will pick at 25th. I will make three short categories for everyone to fill out. Be reasonable and straight on point.

Who the Grizzlies likely to draft?

I think the Grizzlies will select Justin Anderson. He brings athleticism, defense, and transition potency and 3 point shooting to a Grizzlies team that's in need such solid play at the SF position. Can't say if he's the pick the Grizzlies go after that his chances of gaining PT will happen off the bat in spite of the fact he has an NBA ready body.

Who do you want the Grizzlies to draft?

Christian Wood. This guy will be a project. He has stretch four capabilities. Wood reminds me of how Z-Bo and Jermaine O'Neal in terms of how they were deemed projects during their respective days with the Blazers. Wood can hit the 3ball, shot blocker, display athleticism and utilize it for defensive purposes. He will need to work on maturity, physical strength, fundamental techniques, and man to man defense to make a difference in the future.

Final Results?

Considering the Grizzlies made a move to acquire Luke Ridnour on Wednesday morning. I suspect that the 25th pick will be traded to acquire some talent to go along with the Grizzlies quest to get after a championship. With the team mostly made of veterans, GM Chris Wallace said it himself, whoever the Grizzlies select at 25 will likely not receive too much PT and will be reduced to learning and play time from D-Leagues.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Re: Last Time: Who To Draft? 

Post#2 » by I Am Awesome-O » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:31 am

If there is a slider I think he'll be the pick. I was listening to Chris Wallace on Vernon's show and he said that there are 18-19 guys that he's almost positive will be gone by #25, and if one of those players does happen to fall to #25, he said that player would be "extremely attractive" - I think they'd take him. In the event that there isn't a faller, I think they'll take Jarrell Martin. There's so much smoke connecting him to Memphis that I can't ignore it. Really interesting prospect, but if there's a faller I really hope we don't pass on him just because we gave Martin a promise.

Whoever the faller is (RHJ, Oubre, etc.)

Final Results?
For some reason I feel like Memphis is going to do something big. I haven't had this feeling since the grit-grind era began. I'm almost 100% positive we won't just exercise #25 and be done with it. I just think something major is going to go down.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#3 » by dark-child » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:23 pm

The smart money is either Anderson/Virginia or RHJ/Arizona

RJ Hunter /Georgia State

Final Results?
A TRADE FOR A DIFFERENCE MAKER - no one outside of the top five would crack the rotation next season, so such an individual is only acquired thru a trade, SWING AWAY!
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,545

Post#4 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Jarrell Martin. There´s a rumor that he has a promise from our FO. Remains to be seen.

Trade the pick for future pick. It doesn´t matter who we´ll draft, he will not play.

Final Results?

I expect our FO to be active in the FA, I really don´t have high hopes for the draft.
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Post#5 » by jumivi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 pm

If i believe in rumors, J. Martin

Some young prospect with the biggest upside.

Final Results?
Stefanski said the player we draft is not going to see playingtime next year, so we can still developing Russ, Adams, Martin?, Green, Stokes in the dleague.
I am very intrigue with the Raptors - Vince connection, they said they want to change the roster, maybe we can work something there.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#6 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 am

Some interesting players has fallen to us...
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#7 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 am

The rumors were right, afterall. I would go with Looney though
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#8 » by jman3134 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 am

So we are also trading for Andrew Harrison ....according to rumors....Jon Leuer....mixed feelings.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#9 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:34 am

The Martin pick I'm not too excited over. Especially with the rumor of an injury Martin supposedly has. That along with his defensive issues. The trade of Leuer for Harrison could be an interesting one. Harrison is a combo guard who can either take you off the dribble or take the perimeter shot when necessary. Not too many Suns fans are happy with this trade.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#10 » by ferk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:46 am

meh , alright i guess for staying put @ 25 , leuer for harrison was ok too but i'd rather have a few other guys on the board .. . an ok night when we really need a bit more to happen ..
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#11 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:57 am

In case anyone cares, Martin himself confirmed that the Grizzlies did promise him:
Memphis officials had offered a promise to take Martin exactly where he went, but there were still some nervous moments.

"They said they were going to pick me at (No.) 25, but this draft got a little crazy unexpectedly," Martin said. "So it was pretty nervous for me and I was scared, but they wound up picking me.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/06/former_lsu_forward_jarell_mart.html
jumivi
Senior

Post#12 » by jumivi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:42 pm

I Am Awesome-O wrote:In case anyone cares, Martin himself confirmed that the Grizzlies did promise him:
Memphis officials had offered a promise to take Martin exactly where he went, but there were still some nervous moments.

"They said they were going to pick me at (No.) 25, but this draft got a little crazy unexpectedly," Martin said. "So it was pretty nervous for me and I was scared, but they wound up picking me.

I dont see any promise there.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#13 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:05 pm

jumivi wrote:
I Am Awesome-O wrote:In case anyone cares, Martin himself confirmed that the Grizzlies did promise him:

I dont see any promise there.

"They said they were going to pick me at (No.) 25" is the definition of a draft promise...
jumivi
Senior

Post#14 » by jumivi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:49 pm

I dont think so, if CW promise hes going to pick him, why u are afraid if the draft got a little crazy unexpectedly???
CW just said: we are going to take you at 25, and probably he could said that to Hollins Jefferson, thats not a promise to me.
CW said he didnt promise anything.
Anyways CW didnt lie to him, but i dont care, i really like our draft.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie

Post#15 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:33 pm

jumivi wrote:I dont think so, if CW promise hes going to pick him, why u are afraid if the draft got a little crazy unexpectedly???
CW just said: we are going to take you at 25, and probably he could said that to Hollins Jefferson, thats not a promise to me.
CW said he didnt promise anything.
Anyways CW didnt lie to him, but i dont care, i really like our draft.

I just don't buy it. I think Martin may have questioned the sincerity of the promise, but that is still a promise nonetheless. I just don't know why they're trying so hard to cover the fact that they promised him.

I agree with you, though, that we did have a good draft. Martin was the right pick, and getting Harrison for Leuer is a win.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies