Gasol Agrees on 5-Year Deal with Grizzlies

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Gasol Agrees on 5-Year Deal with Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:02 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238644/Marc-Gasol-Grizzlies-Agree-Upon-Five-Year-$110M-Deal

Big Spain gets his payday and is here to stay. Now that's good and taken care of. Now to other moves as the Western gets more challenging and interesting with the latest moves coming from the Spurs with LMA and David West becoming the newest Spurs on the roster to go along with the rest of the returning core of the Spurs.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Re: Gasol Agrees on 5-Year Deal with Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by bobobolas10 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 6:46 am

And this is great news for the grizzs. He is worth every dollar they are going to spend in him. We have a 3-4 years of playoffs guaranteed.
"Take that for Data!"
ichi
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#3 » by ichi » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:31 am

Happy Gasol is staying where he belongs! As long as him and Conley are there, looks like the Grizz will continue to be a challenging playoff team to get by. Hopefully another move is made sometime soon.. I think a wing is pretty necessary, personally.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:48 am

Well, a wing is needed and a bigman inside, I believe we only have B.Wright from the bench at the moment. I am not sure if Joerger will use Stokes or Martin.

On the wings we have Lee, Carter, Green, Allen and hopefully, we will see more of Jordan Adams. Every minute Carter is on the court is a minute we lose to develop Adams. I hope he can turn into a good rotation player.
"Take that for Data!"
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#5 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:40 pm

^^ He better use stokes this year, he showed a lot of promise in the limited minutes he did get last season. I really like his combination of brute force, soft touch and relentless motor. Needless to say i think i'm a bit higher on him than most people. Adams should get at least 15mpg, basically taking calathes' minutes. And yeah, if vince is still struggling with those ankle/hamstring/knee/whatever? injuries he should probably just retire. Last season was painful to watch other than a couple of flashes here and there.

Obviously gasol staying is great but this team isn't going to win anything if they don't get a go to scorer (that's also at least a decent playmaker) at the sg or sf. Unfortunately those don't grow on trees though. You've got guys like joe johnson and kevin martin that should be available but they're probably not good enough, no to mention they're getting old and joe's too expensive anyway. Derozan, if the raptors are willing which is rather unlikely, even though i'm not a big fan but maybe he could benefit from some veteran guidance. Maybe gallo but he's injury prone. Eric gordon is too small. That's about it i think, others like bron/durant/pg13/harden/melo/etc are obviously impossible. Maybe melo as an extreme longshot, after all phil jackson has been acting a little senile lately but probably not.

Ironically, rudy gay would actually be a pretty good fit imo and the kings management seems pretty dumb so we might be able to steal him. Maybe jeff green, courtney lee + filler. Who knows, personally i'm hoping for vince to take some hgh, undergo that illegal kobe surgery/treatment and go back to his orlando level. I know... :crazy:
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 7:28 pm

Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:^^ He better use stokes this year, he showed a lot of promise in the limited minutes he did get last season. I really like his combination of brute force, soft touch and relentless motor. Needless to say i think i'm a bit higher on him than most people. Adams should get at least 15mpg, basically taking calathes' minutes. And yeah, if vince is still struggling with those ankle/hamstring/knee/whatever? injuries he should probably just retire. Last season was painful to watch other than a couple of flashes here and there.

Obviously gasol staying is great but this team isn't going to win anything if they don't get a go to scorer (that's also at least a decent playmaker) at the sg or sf. Unfortunately those don't grow on trees though. You've got guys like joe johnson and kevin martin that should be available but they're probably not good enough, no to mention they're getting old and joe's too expensive anyway. Derozan, if the raptors are willing which is rather unlikely, even though i'm not a big fan but maybe he could benefit from some veteran guidance. Maybe gallo but he's injury prone. Eric gordon is too small. That's about it i think, others like bron/durant/pg13/harden/melo/etc are obviously impossible. Maybe melo as an extreme longshot, after all phil jackson has been acting a little senile lately but probably not.

Ironically, rudy gay would actually be a pretty good fit imo and the kings management seems pretty dumb so we might be able to steal him. Maybe jeff green, courtney lee + filler. Who knows, personally i'm hoping for vince to take some hgh, undergo that illegal kobe surgery/treatment and go back to his orlando level. I know... :crazy:

The thing with Sactown is that they made the trade based to clear up cap space. That part I get. Second, the Kings organization is still a mess in itself from the controversial firing of then coach Mike Malone when DMC when down with the injury, then PDA and Chris Mullin playing games with the organization and now George Karl and DMC not getting along. They have some ways to go towards cleaning up their imaging from this hellstorm they created for themselves.

Also remember when GM Chris Wallace first came in with the Grizzlies and traded Pau Gasol for cap space, junk, plus a second round pick who became an All-Star by the name of Marc Gasol years later. Kind of similar to what the Kings are doing here. Only difference is that the Kings are accelerating their rebuilding by signing Rondo(don't see that going well), Kosta Koufos, Omni Casspi, and Marco Bellinneli.
GriZZHawK
Ballboy
And1: 46

Post#7 » by GriZZHawK » Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:10 am

Glad the deal is inked with Marc. And I definitely agree Adams and Stokes deserve more minutes. Especially Adams, he can be the shooter they need.
Basketball MVP
Junior
And1: 406

Post#8 » by Basketball MVP » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:14 pm

GriZZHawK wrote:Glad the deal is inked with Marc. And I definitely agree Adams and Stokes deserve more minutes. Especially Adams, he can be the shooter they need.

Yeah Marc's a lifer to me, glad that he made the right decision. I'm high on Adams, as well.
Memphis basketball
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,790

Post#9 » by Deivork » Sun Aug 9, 2015 2:39 am

SD2042 wrote:
Vinsanity_GOAT wrote:^^ He better use stokes this year, he showed a lot of promise in the limited minutes he did get last season. I really like his combination of brute force, soft touch and relentless motor. Needless to say i think i'm a bit higher on him than most people. Adams should get at least 15mpg, basically taking calathes' minutes. And yeah, if vince is still struggling with those ankle/hamstring/knee/whatever? injuries he should probably just retire. Last season was painful to watch other than a couple of flashes here and there.

The thing with Sactown is that they made the trade based to clear up cap space. That part I get. Second, the Kings organization is still a mess in itself from the controversial firing of then coach Mike Malone when DMC when down with the injury, then PDA and Chris Mullin playing games with the organization and now George Karl and DMC not getting along. They have some ways to go towards cleaning up their imaging from this hellstorm they created for themselves.

Also remember when GM Chris Wallace first came in with the Grizzlies and traded Pau Gasol for cap space, junk, plus a second round pick who became an All-Star by the name of Marc Gasol years later. Kind of similar to what the Kings are doing here. Only difference is that the Kings are accelerating their rebuilding by signing Rondo(don't see that going well), Kosta Koufos, Omni Casspi, and Marco Bellinneli.

Illegal kobe surgery / treatment? What are you talking about?
Vinsanity_GOAT
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#10 » by Vinsanity_GOAT » Sun Aug 9, 2015 11:29 am

Deivork wrote:Illegal kobe surgery / treatment? What are you talking about?

It's actually just treatment. I just mentioned it half-jokingly because i remembered there were some threads about it being illegal on the general board. It's not approved by the fda so in a way i guess you can say it's illegal. Basically kobe sends them his blood and you can read the rest here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokine. I've also read that they add some substances (i'm assuming HGH was one of them) to it before reinjecting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1798763-what-is-this-knee-treatment-kobe-bryant-goes-all-the-way-to-germany-for

I don't know if it could actually help vince though, this is only (or mostly) for arthritis and i don't know what he has.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies