ImageImage

Jordan Adams

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

TitanSixers
Ballboy
And1: 0

Jordan Adams 

Post#1 » by TitanSixers » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Do you all think Adams breaks out and becomes a contributor in terms of real PT and scoring this year?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Jordan Adams 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:15 pm

First off, welcome to RGM!

There is potential for Adams to get into the rotation. He has the drive and the fearlessness to take on a good challenge. Right now, the SG logjam still remains with Allen, Lee, give or take Carter and Harrison. I think before it's all said and done, a trade is on the horizon involving this team. No way I see this team going in the season like this and expect to get so far with all the changes that have happened around the Western Conference this summer.
TitanSixers
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by TitanSixers » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I follow the Grizzlies quite closely as they are in the state I live in. I hope he can crack the rotation because I think, if he develops, he could give this team a needed extra scoring threat on the perimeter. One that will be especially needed due to how the offseason in the Western Conference has progressed as you had mentioned. If the team doesn't think he could contribute I'd like to see him along with maybe Harrison or even Green moved to bring in a quality scorer. It may just be me but I don't really know if Green is the right fit for this team
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:35 pm

TitanSixers wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I follow the Grizzlies quite closely as they are in the state I live in. I hope he can crack the rotation because I think, if he develops, he could give this team a needed extra scoring threat on the perimeter. One that will be especially needed due to how the offseason in the Western Conference has progressed as you had mentioned. If the team doesn't think he could contribute I'd like to see him along with maybe Harrison or even Green moved to bring in a quality scorer. It may just be me but I don't really know if Green is the right fit for this team

In the case of Jeff Green, I think with the way he plays, he's more suited to be on a team who's style is indicative of the up-tempo system. Given his athleticism and his ability to score better in a hurry, I think playing in the Grizzlies half-court style system hinders Green a bit more although he's been known for his inconsistent nature in the first place. If and when the Grizzlies do trade him, they need to bring back a quality player who plays is more reliable than Joe Johnson(outside his prime) and Danilo Gallanari(injured prone). They need to figure something out before the new season hits.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#5 » by tribulations » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:23 am

I've been keeping tabs on Adams as a breakout candidate since last summer league and think he can be a contributor. Really hoping he gets some PT this year.

One of my best friends is a huge Griz fan and we are forever trying to figure out what move puts Memphis over the top, normally centering around upgrades at the 2 and 3 and overall getting younger on the bench. I like the idea of Gallo for you guys, especially with Denver essentially looking to rebuild. Surely a combination of a late first and salary would get it done? Joe Johnson is still a viable option as well, potentially with Green going back in return.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies