ImageImage

MEM/TOR/PHX and some other thoughts

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

MEM/TOR/PHX and some other thoughts 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:05 am

So I have been thinking, we dont need a starter caliber PF like Markieff Morris, and I dont think our guys are into getting a guy who puts down his old team, so I was thinking, it would still be beneficial to be a part of one of these trades those, and we need a floor spacing bigman, this is just one scenario, FOR THE RECORD THERE IS A TOTAL OF 4 PLAYERS IN THIS TRADE THANK YOU.

Memphis sends out
Jeff Green
Jamychal Green
2016 Second round pick

Toronto out:
Patterson
Second round pick

Phoenix out:
Morris

Memphis gets Patterson

Phoenix gets Jeff and Jamychal Green and 2 second round picks

Toronto gets Morris

Memphis brings in a floor spacing bigman

Toronto gets an upgrade on Patterson (who i consider more of a 6-7th man) where Morris is a starter caliber player

Phoenix clears their headache brings back Green who probably plays more minutes at the 4 which is his more natural position anyway, and some minutes at the 3, also bring back a prospect and 2 second round picks, they are trading Morris dime for a nickel and some pennies true, but this way they are free of him, and it still beats the package a few other teams are offering (nick young and ryan kelly... really LAL...)

But on the serious note we need to consider some floor spacing bigmen we can get on the cheapish:
Patterson (3 team with Toronto they get Morris)
Humphries
Olynyk
Terrance Jones (3 team with Houston they get Morris)
Illasova
Hawes
Ryan Anderson
Trevor Booker

So we have options, we just need to shoot the trigger on one of them, and i wouldnt mind parting with a Jeff Green, Vince Carter, Jordan Adams or someone to get them.

Anyone else I missed or you think we should target?
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: MEM/TOR/PHX and some other thoughts 

Post#2 » by jumivi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:26 pm

OMG!

jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: MEM/TOR/PHX and some other thoughts 

Post#3 » by jumivi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Jeff is the better player, and u give 2 Greens and a second for a bench player (and i really want Patterson). Jeff is a good player on a bad system.

Maybe u should target a new coach.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies