Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies(31-22) vs. Spurs(39-11) 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 8:57 pm

Image vs. Image

Who: Memphis Grizzlies(31-22) vs. San Antonio Spurs(39-11)
When: Monday, February 6th, 2017
Where: FedEx Forum in Memphis,TN
Time: 8:30 PM CST
TV/Radio: TNT, ESPN 92.9 FM
Season Series: First Meeting
Series Overall: Spurs lead 63-20
Team TriviaGrizzlies PF JaMychal Green played for both the Spurs and the Grizzlies during the 2014-15 season during his rookie season. He was named Rookie of the Month in December of 2014 when he played for the San Antonio Spurs D-League team, the Austin Spurs.

Grizzlies Celeb of the Game

Roselyn Sanchez

The Grindhouse

Grizzlies Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Spurs Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: Grizzlies(31-22) vs. Spurs(39-11) 

Post#2 » by ducler » Mon Feb 6, 2017 11:38 pm

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:13 am

17-14 at the end of the first quarter with the Grizzlies leading so far.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:02 am

With the way the score is at this point, you can tell the Spurs miss Kawhi Leonard. I think that will be the potential factor that may work against the Spurs in the game if they allow the Grizzlies to linger around much more. As for the Grizzlies, they need to take the fight to the Spurs frontcourt in a major way. Not to underestimate Dedmon and Simmons in the frontcourt, but these two guys are mediocre players who aren't considered big time X-Factors for the Spurs. The Grizzlies need to get a couple of good runs going to create some distance between them and the Spurs.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#5 » by bobobolas10 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:47 am

No Khawi no party. I wasnt sure tho, We got beat by worst teams that a khawiless spurs. Including Clippers missing CP3 and blake.

However, they started very focused. All of them pushing in the same direction. Ennis is turning out to be a very reliable SF. I like him more game by game. he made a few plays with Green, they make a good combo. Watch out Parsons, your 80 mill contract and that 1-10 from the field wont help you to be a starter. Awful game again despite the +10. Also, when we dont see a lot from A.Harrison, the team gets better. Read that Fizdale.

Ill leave here the highlights that I found on youtube:

"Take that for Data!"
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#6 » by dark-child » Tue Feb 7, 2017 2:17 pm

I'll take it, but with caution as Pop is notorious for doing a dry run while his team is less than full strength and coming back to smash you later. The next game is not until March 18th and the possibility that these two teams could face each other in the 2nd round, he is unlikely to give anything away in February. I am scared beyond belief by how easily Tony Parker scores against Mike Conley Jr. If he can't Tony Parker who clearly is no longer elite who can he guard. (Nitpicking? Yes but his rep as a defensive guard is way overblown)
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 7:18 am

dark-child wrote:I'll take it, but with caution as Pop is notorious for doing a dry run while his team is less than full strength and coming back to smash you later. The next game is not until March 18th and the possibility that these two teams could face each other in the 2nd round, he is unlikely to give anything away in February. I am scared beyond belief by how easily Tony Parker scores against Mike Conley Jr. If he can't Tony Parker who clearly is no longer elite who can he guard. (Nitpicking? Yes but his rep as a defensive guard is way overblown)

One thing about the Spurs is that they are a dangerous opponent for the Grizzlies to face. Historically speaking, they have always had the Grizzlies number. And given the Grizzlies lack of better offense, going against them and the Warriors in a playoff series will be hell on high water to overcome. It's only due to Kawhi Leonard's absence that the Grizzlies didn't have to deal with him and to go along with the fact that the Grizzlies were able to pulled away from a Spurs team once the second half begun.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#8 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Feb 8, 2017 7:59 am

dark-child wrote:I'll take it, but with caution as Pop is notorious for doing a dry run while his team is less than full strength and coming back to smash you later. The next game is not until March 18th and the possibility that these two teams could face each other in the 2nd round, he is unlikely to give anything away in February. I am scared beyond belief by how easily Tony Parker scores against Mike Conley Jr. If he can't Tony Parker who clearly is no longer elite who can he guard. (Nitpicking? Yes but his rep as a defensive guard is way overblown)

I never thought of mike conley as a very good defender. I mean, he is good helping and active hands getting into passing lines, but when it comes to defend one on one or Pick and rolls, I dont think he is that good. Id rather throw tony allen to the PG if needed and then put conley with the SG shooter. That one-on-one defense used to be covered by Marc Gasol who really focused in Defense. However, BigSpain is now more concerned in scoring and being fresh in the other side of the court. Needless to mention, that Tony Parker is one of those slow PGs that can drive the ball very efficiently despite his speed and is a willing passer well sorrounded by great shooters. Dont get fooled by his age. He is Vdangerous.

Anyway, I like our chances if we face them in the 2nd round of po. (if healthy of course)
"Take that for Data!"

Return to Memphis Grizzlies