Boogie Cousins is now neighbors with the Grizzlies

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Boogie Cousins is now neighbors with the Grizzlies 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources-kings-agree-to-trade-demarcus-cousins-to-pelicans-050000759.html

As the NBA news shocker post the 2017 All Star Weekend, the Kings have finally traded the turbulent C DeMarcus Cousins to the Pelicans in exchanges for 2016 draft pick Buddy Hield, former Memphis Tiger Tyreke Evans, Langston Gallowway, and picks. This move will make the former Wildcats DMC and AD23 a one-two tag team combo in the Pelicans frontcourt. The Grizzlies will have one more meeting before the season is over. This will make this matchup more interesting between these two teams. Will this move by the Pelicans motivate the Grizzlies to step their game up and changes continue to happen around them?
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Re: Boogie Cousins is now neighbors with the Grizzlies 

Post#2 » by dark-child » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm

The SouthWest Division said goodbye to Tim Duncan only to have Boogie Cousins added to the division. That's just Great! No off nights in the division. As for the Grizz reacting appropriately, I am very jaded on this issue so even if the bar is set very low, I still would find it hard to expect much or any inspired move. Mediocrity & Good Enough simply live here.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by dark-child » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Another subtle ramification is that fellow small market franchise New Orleans takes a big leap ahead of small market Memphis when it comes to potential free agent destination. Point guards and wings would have greater interest playing there than here. In fact it is safe to say that Memphis is now last in the division in that category.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:26 pm

dark-child wrote:Another subtle ramification is that fellow small market franchise New Orleans takes a big leap ahead of small market Memphis when it comes to potential free agent destination. Point guards and wings would have greater interest playing there than here. In fact it is safe to say that Memphis is now last in the division in that category.

With today's move official, it's extremely likely the Grizzlies will take the last team for free agents to think about in terms of attraction. Sometimes I think that this team biggest guilt is staying too content to the point of fault. To paraphrase this quote, in order to reap the harvest, the seeds must be planted in order for the harvest to come to fruition. "So far even before the DMC trade, I don't see a lot of harvest with this particular group of Grizzlies as they continue to stay content.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by dark-child » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 pm

SD2042 wrote:
dark-child wrote:Another subtle ramification is that fellow small market franchise New Orleans takes a big leap ahead of small market Memphis when it comes to potential free agent destination. Point guards and wings would have greater interest playing there than here. In fact it is safe to say that Memphis is now last in the division in that category.

With today's move official, it's extremely likely the Grizzlies will take the last team for free agents to think about in terms of attraction. Sometimes I think that this team biggest guilt is staying too content to the point of fault. To paraphrase this quote, in order to reap the harvest, the seeds must be planted in order for the harvest to come to fruition. "So far even before the DMC trade, I don't see a lot of harvest with this particular group of Grizzlies as they continue to stay content.

EXACTAMUNDO!

A perfect example is the Toney Douglas situation. No other team in the NBA wanted or wants the guy and for us he is the second coming to the point we act as if we struck gold. We do not attempt to upgrade because we are good if not great with getting something on the cheap.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#6 » by bobobolas10 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:00 pm

we only have one game against them this season. Id love to see them clinch the 8th seed. The best bigs in the game against the best team with no bigs at all.
"Take that for Data!"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:12 am

dark-child wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

EXACTAMUNDO!

A perfect example is the Toney Douglas situation. No other team in the NBA wanted or wants the guy and for us he is the second coming to the point we act as if we struck gold. We do not attempt to upgrade because we are good if not great with getting something on the cheap.

We are definitely good for that. Last season in spite of injuries was a great example. I remember how the Grizzlies would go after stars past their glory days like Gilbert Arenas and Allen Iverson for instance. Look how that turned out. We even signed Darius Miles to spite Portland to pay the remainder of his contract. Otherwise the NBA insurance would've picked it up.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3822911
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#8 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 am

Nice story, I didnt remember that Miles "incident". hahaha. Later on in 2015 they took revenge in the playoffs, hold on...... they didnt!
"Take that for Data!"

Return to Memphis Grizzlies