JaMychal Green's Invaluable?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

JaMychal Green's Invaluable? 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Wed Apr 5, 2017 4:47 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245521/Grizzlies-Call-JaMychal-Green-Fantastic-Complement-To-Core

That being said, would Green be worth retaining or let him get paid by someone else? (depends on what happens in the playoffs and offseason)
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: JaMychal Green's Invaluable? 

Post#2 » by jumivi » Thu Apr 6, 2017 1:30 pm

7-9 mill range, we need to resign zbo too. We cant afford to pay that position more than 20mill.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#3 » by dark-child » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:47 pm

jumivi wrote:7-9 mill range, we need to resign zbo too. We cant afford to pay that position more than 20mill.

If he agreed to that amount his agent should be fired, as we have confirmation of at least three teams, Nets, Hawks, and Magic that have interest. His sweet spot is probably between 12 - 15 per which he is not worth.

Historically when the Front Office needs to make an acquisition they go cheap, so finding a replacement for the amount of cap room we have will not end well for the fans.

Resigning ZBo is a must and if we are lucky that will be a 2 yr deal at 20 which is fair and why should he accept less, he plays more minutes, has a higher per, and can actually bring something to the table offensively.

If you match on J. Green then it is hoped by some minor miracle a SUCKER is found that would take Chandler Parsons off your hands and the spare parts you have coming back in return can fill the rest of the roster holes.
jumivi
Senior

Post#4 » by jumivi » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:58 pm

dark-child wrote:
jumivi wrote:7-9 mill range, we need to resign zbo too. We cant afford to pay that position more than 20mill.

If he agreed to that amount his agent should be fired, as we have confirmation of at least three teams, Nets, Hawks, and Magic that have interest. His sweet spot is probably between 12 - 15 per which he is not worth.

Historically when the Front Office needs to make an acquisition they go cheap, so finding a replacement for the amount of cap room we have will not end well for the fans.

Resigning ZBo is a must and if we are lucky that will be a 2 yr deal at 20 which is fair and why should he accept less, he plays more minutes, has a higher per, and can actually bring something to the table offensively.

If you match on J. Green then it is hoped by some minor miracle a SUCKER is found that would take Chandler Parsons off your hands and the spare parts you have coming back in return can fill the rest of the roster holes.

If thats the case with JAY, thz and good luck. Let him go, we still have Wright and Martin at PF. Resign Zbo.
I told this before: its time to clean the house, trade Parsons with Marc (its the only way!), i suggest Valanciunas, Carroll, Jacob and first. FA:Pope/Porter are nice options.
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by dark-child » Fri Apr 7, 2017 4:30 pm

It is a point guard starved league, and to me the better play would be to trade Mike Conley Jr.. I think we could get some nice pieces back for him with a much larger market than the over 30 year old center with feet issues. Plus the team plays better when he does not play because the ball moves because he has returned to being known as "the dribbler".
Indiana, NY Knicks, Orlando, and even Chicago would line up to get their hands on him. If he is partnered with Chandler even better but trading him would allow us to reload instead of rebuilding.
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#6 » by trevor0333 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 pm

Im curious about Grizz fans thoughts on what salary point does Memphis pass on matching a free agent offer for Green.

Do they still match at 15 mill per season, I've seen some speculation he could get up to 20 million per season.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#7 » by I Am Awesome-O » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:56 am

trevor0333 wrote:Im curious about Grizz fans thoughts on what salary point does Memphis pass on matching a free agent offer for Green.

Do they still match at 15 mill per season, I've seen some speculation he could get up to 20 million per season.

Love JaM but that would be the worst contract in NBA history.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:13 am

trevor0333 wrote:Im curious about Grizz fans thoughts on what salary point does Memphis pass on matching a free agent offer for Green.

I think the speculations you're referring to comes from The Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697716-the-10-nba-free-agents-most-likely-to-be-overpaid-in-2017-offseason

I was looking for a recent article I read and haven't found the link yet. If I do, I will post that link ASAP.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#9 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:14 am

I Am Awesome-O wrote:

Love JaM but that would be the worst contract in NBA history.

Haven't you heard of Miles Plumlee or Jerome James by chance?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:15 am

dark-child wrote:It is a point guard starved league, and to me the better play would be to trade Mike Conley Jr.. I think we could get some nice pieces back for him with a much larger market than the over 30 year old center with feet issues. Plus the team plays better when he does not play because the ball moves because he has returned to being known as "the dribbler".
Indiana, NY Knicks, Orlando, and even Chicago would line up to get their hands on him. If he is partnered with Chandler even better but trading him would allow us to reload instead of rebuilding.

Outside of future draft picks, what else would you look for in return if the Grizzlies were to move on from Conley?
dark-child
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by dark-child » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 pm

The Front Office can not identify wing talent, so a bonafide player at the SG and PF who can at least play 20 minutes a game.
Here are some examples
Milwaukee - Kris Middleton, Jabari Parker, and Thon Maker for Conley & J. Martin
Detroit - Ish Smith, Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris plus draft pick compensation
Orlando - Evan Fournier, and DJ Augustine, 1st round compensation
Denver - E. Mudiaye, K. Farried, W. Barton, and Wilson Chandler
jumivi
Senior

Post#12 » by jumivi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:23 pm

I dont want to trade Mike!
I think we have to give us another year with Mike, Marc, Zbo & healthy Parsons, BUT if we want the clean the house, Gasol needs to go, because we dont know if he can stay healty another year, he is a true C, and he was DPY, i guess a lot of teams wants him. He could be the missing piece for a lot of contenders.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#13 » by SD2042 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:36 am

jumivi wrote:I dont want to trade Mike!
I think we have to give us another year with Mike, Marc, Zbo & healthy Parsons, BUT if we want the clean the house, Gasol needs to go, because we dont know if he can stay healty another year, he is a true C, and he was DPY, i guess a lot of teams wants him. He could be the missing piece for a lot of contenders.

At this point, how we play in the playoffs will determine what will happen the Grizzlies come the offseason.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies