ZBo to the Kings

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

ZBo to the Kings 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:29 pm

According to Woj, the Kings have offer PF Zach Randolph to a two year deal worth 24 million. More later today.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jumivi
Senior
And1: 41

Re: ZBo to the Kings 

Post#2 » by jumivi » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#3 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:11 pm

Wow...surprised to see Zbo leave Memphis.

Was there rumors he wouldn't be back?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:32 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:Wow...surprised to see Zbo leave Memphis.

Was there rumors he wouldn't be back?

No rumors were indicative that ZBo would leave Memphis. He loves Memphis that much. The only thing I'm theorizing is that the Grizzlies could be going in a new direction to evolve beyond the Grit-N-Grind Era with coach David Fizdale at the helm.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 4, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi guys. Do you think Memphis would be interested in a Randolph S&T for Koufos?

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:56 am

City of Trees wrote:Hi guys. Do you think Memphis would be interested in a Randolph S&T for Koufos?

Honestly, I don't know. With the way things are going, I think the Grizzlies may be shifting into a new direction to go more up-tempo. If that's the route the Grizzlies are taking, I'm not so sure of Koufos fitting into that style. Right now, seems like some unanswered questions the Grizzlies are in right now.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Re: ZBo to the Kings 

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:30 am

SD2042 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Hi guys. Do you think Memphis would be interested in a Randolph S&T for Koufos?

Honestly, I don't know. With the way things are going, I think the Grizzlies may be shifting into a new direction to go more up-tempo. If that's the route the Grizzlies are taking, I'm not so sure of Koufos fitting into that style. Right now, seems like some unanswered questions the Grizzlies are in right now.

Agreed Koufos wouldn't be ideal for up tempo however he did perform well under Karl's fast paced system.

bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#8 » by bobobolas10 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 9:41 am

Sad to see him gone. I hope it is for the best of the team.

What I wonder, why the kings? Was it the best paycheck he could get?
"Take that for Data!"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Re: RE: Re: ZBo to the Kings 

Post#9 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 4:13 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

Agreed Koufos wouldn't be ideal for up tempo however he did perform well under Karl's fast paced system.

How effective was his play on both ends? When he was a Grizzly, he held his own on both ends and played his role as a backup.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 4:15 pm

bobobolas10 wrote:Sad to see him gone. I hope it is for the best of the team.

It could've been the paycheck was the best Zbo could've got. It's also possible the Grizzlies are going in a new direction. With the Grizzlies picking up Ben McLemore and re-up on Wayne Seldon, to me it ended TA's chance to return to the Grizzlies.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#11 » by bobobolas10 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 6:47 am

SD2042 wrote:

It could've been the paycheck was the best Zbo could've got. It's also possible the Grizzlies are going in a new direction. With the Grizzlies picking up Ben McLemore and re-up on Wayne Seldon, to me it ended TA's chance to return to the Grizzlies.

Well, it might be a new direction... we remember zbo as a bench player but to be honest, the team was better with him on the court.
"Take that for Data!"
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 11:27 am

bobobolas10 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

Well, it might be a new direction... we remember zbo as a bench player but to be honest, the team was better with him on the court.

No one is debating whether or not the team is better with or without Zbo. If anything, I wanted ZBo to finish his career out with the Grizzlies. Unfortunately, the numbers game were more than the Grizzlies wanted to spend. Both sides parted ways on mutual terms. ZBo got his payday he was looking for. The Grizzlies got a lot out of Zach both on and off the floor. He will be missed greatly here in Memphis. He was as close to a superstar this city ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#13 » by dark-child » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:55 pm

This was purely a basketball decision, and with a young team it is important to hold everyone accountable, and ZBo could no longer guard the pick and role, much the same way that teams were leaving Tony Allen open and daring him to shoot. Younger players even second rounders are better to groom then having an aging veteran you can't demote or admonish openly because well he is ZBo. There were stretches during the season where James Ennis and Troy Daniels received DNPCD because of issues on the court, yet either the team could not afford to or simply did not punish ZBo for his lackluster defense. Young guys notice those things.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies