ImageImage

Gasol traded to Lakers

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

yougottoloveitbaby
Sophomore
And1: 0

What a JOKE! 

Post#101 » by yougottoloveitbaby » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:34 pm

I feel bad for the Grizz fans. The front office should be shot.
I see NO good in this trade at all. Even if you have cap space,
there is NOBODY available that is better than Gasol. And most are restricted anyway. :nonono:
Sorry and good luck in your future, it can only get better from here.
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#102 » by zero » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:35 pm

this deal is so bad for the western conference. i guess it wasn't tight enough for teams over here. :x
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#103 » by Downtown » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:40 pm

Seattle fans would have given expiring contracts in Kurt Thomas and Delonte West, along with a choice of one of our young centers, and both of the Suns first round draft choices( Seattle has the '08 and '10), which now should be higher than the Lakers.

Instead the Grizzlies now are in serious competition for the worst team in the league, which is terrible news for Sonics fans that want to be the worst this year so they can get the #1 pick.
Spanishraptor23
Junior

Post#104 » by Spanishraptor23 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:40 pm

:rofl:
ÑBA : Sergio+Calderon+Rudy+Pau+Marc =World Champions
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#105 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:43 pm

Trade was to clear space it seems to me.

Sign a top dog as Arenas, Okafor, Brand
to sell tickets better than Gasol could.

Gasol is meant for the half court game which the lakers play
but with the Rudy gay and the young guys they made a good choice to drop his Big $.

This is only a tempory set back and gives the Mem a better chance
to get Beasley. With Gasol they have won more games than Miami and Mn.

They want to slow down the winning draft high and sign a big name.

As a Laker fan,

Thanks

Critt seems like he will be good. His moves are pretty awesome.
zero
Junior
And1: 5

Post#106 » by zero » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:44 pm

that kwame brown layup drill is all wrong. anyone who's seen him play knows he would never CATCH the ball!?!!!??
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#107 » by cinnamon » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:51 pm

I think this might have a happier ending for the Grizz than most people are able to contemplate at the moment.
This year was a write-off for Memphis anyway.
It's not like they're Ainge building the Celtics to make an immediate run for a championship --- let's all get a grip here. And think about it --- look at the Celtics last year at this time. Did any of you see the potential for what they are now?
To focus entirely on the state of any team at any one moment is limiting your vision.
This deal provides cap space and first round picks. That is extremely useful for a team building for the future with talented youth.
As for the abundance of gifted guards --- why assume this is all over? A guard or two could still be moved for someone else who could help out at another position.
I don't choose to make a lot of negative assumptions about this. I want to wait and see.
Over time, it might turn out very well for the Grizzlies --- short term pain and long term gain. Depends on how the present players, the cap space and the draft picks are handled.
second_coming32
Banned User

Post#108 » by second_coming32 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:03 pm

As a Laker fan, I know exactly how this feels.....going from Jerry West to Chris Wallace and watching the organization implode.

Only in our case we went from Jerry West to Mitch Kupchake who suddenly stepped into West status with his fleecing of Chris Wallace.....oh yeah....sorry about that.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#109 » by RJM » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:06 pm

PhD Griz, you are forever welcome on the Laker Board. :D

BTW - in about three or so years, we'd like Javaris Crittenton back please.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#110 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:28 pm

Iceburg Slim wrote:PhD Griz, you are forever welcome on the Laker Board. :D

BTW - in about three or so years, we'd like Javaris Crittenton back please.

That'd be no problem. You guys can pick him up after he gets waived in three or so years. 8)
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Butter
General Manager
And1: 124

Post#111 » by Butter » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:31 pm

Well, I guess Jerry West is planning on going back to the Lakers?
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#112 » by yungal07 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:34 pm

Cap space for who exactly? No big name is going to really want to sign with Memphis.

I guess this is a complete rebuilding project. But still, you're telling me they couldn't dump Cardinal with Gasol? That's terrible GM'ing right there.
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#113 » by aznkillabeezZz » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:43 pm

wow good job, give away your best player for peanuts and make the lakers instant contenders.
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#114 » by aznkillabeezZz » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:48 pm

how many guards do you guys need? conley, lowry, critt? wtf? and give up one of the better centers for late 1st round picks and crittenton ?? LMFAO .
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#115 » by PDXKnight » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:08 am

I am truly sorry that your GM screwed your team and fans over. Nobody deserves a gm this bad. :banghead: :nonono:
stro4swift
Starter

Post#116 » by stro4swift » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:16 am

What were the Grizzlies supposed to get for a great player that had his lowest value since he's in the league, that can't lead, that hasn't won anything in his NBA career and that doesn't show up in key situations?

I mean the deal is bad, but I never expected that Memphis would get a superstar back for Pau.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#117 » by UptownPhilly » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:32 am

I can see why your GM went for Brown(Expiring deal) and Crittenton(nice prospect although you're now at a glut at PG. The only really bad part of the deal is that the Lakers picks will be absolutely worthless.

Good luck though. Hopefully Brown's contract will allow you to grab a good free agent next season.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#118 » by UptownPhilly » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:37 am

This reminds me of the AI Deal last season. We received two quality players(although not worth Iverson) and two worthless draft picks. We took Jason Smith, who has impressed Sixers fan so far, with one of the picks. We traded our Dallas pick #30 for a second rounder who we ultimately cut.

We're also in a rebuilding situation, but things should be much better now that we appear to have a solid plan.

Where do you go from here? What position is of most need?
cinnamon
Starter

Post#119 » by cinnamon » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:49 am

Roletagg wrote:This reminds me of the AI Deal last season. We received two quality players(although not worth Iverson) and two worthless draft picks. We took Jason Smith, who has impressed Sixers fan so far, with one of the picks. We traded our Dallas pick #30 for a second rounder who we ultimately cut.

We're also in a rebuilding situation, but things should be much better now that we appear to have a solid plan.

Where do you go from here?

Exactly.
I don't know why all these people seem to think that Pau was capable of being a franchise player, and/or was happy enough in Memphis to be a functional leader.
The fact is, the Lakers are about the present.
The Grizzlies are about the future. Rudy Gay is looking superb. There's an embarrassment of riches as regards gifted young point guards.
There's enough to be a foundation for the future.
It's not as if management isn't going to continue to build on that foundation. And that couldn't be done effectively as long as Pau was here. With cap space and picks and future trades, let's see what can be done. I have high hopes.
So hey, Roletagg, maybe in a few years we'll be looking at a Grizzlies/Sixers finals.
Stranger things have happened.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#120 » by jefe » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:03 am

I'm happy we traded Gasol, but I'm not happy we traded him for Kwame Brown, a marginal prospect (alot of posters have said they see "starter potential" in the kid!), and two massively devalued 1sts!

Return to Memphis Grizzlies