53%

Total votes: 30

PhD Griz
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Thoughts on HOW to Trade Crittenton 

Post#21 » by PhD Griz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm

bgassassin wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:BTW, it's not WAS' pick, it's MEM's from the Navarro trade. Getting that pick back would be very beneficial to the Grizzlies, IMO.

I guess you aren't familiar with the deal I am talking about. On draft night, the Grizzlies were going to trade Crit for Was' 18th only if Javale McGee was off the board. With that pick we were going to take Courtney Lee. McGee was still available and the deal fell through. It wasn't dealing with getting the rights back to our pick. So the way I see it if Crit can be almost traded for that, then there should be no problem getting someone who can shoot and getting a first rounder out of the deal.

is anyone else a little confused why the Wizards wouldn't deal the 18th pick b/c Javale freaking McGee was still available? he won't even see a 2nd nba contract....he'll be in russia in 3 years....
grizzleGM
Analyst

Post#22 » by grizzleGM » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Sorry, but I see Thomas, Darko, and MGasol as all true centers in this league. None of them have ever shown the ability to step out of the paint and guard and athletic PF in this league.
bgassassin
Starter

Post#23 » by bgassassin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:26 pm

Zack, you're overvaluing Crit.

Orlando's first rounder this draft got the guy we were going after so you never know how it could turn out. Who expected us to get Darrell Arthur by trading the 28th pick?

I also don't see him as a downgrade to Navarro. Navarro killed us defensively also. Rebounding has never been this team's strong suit. And we won't be getting a PF with Crit. Use him to take care of other needs (more shooters) and address the low post another way.
grizzleGM
Analyst

Post#24 » by grizzleGM » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:02 pm

I still say for all the crap trades that I have been hearing, I would rather trade either Critt or Lowry for CV. I wonder if MIL is still trying to trade him?
bgassassin
Starter

Post#25 » by bgassassin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:36 pm

After signing Lue, why would they want one of them?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#26 » by SD2042 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Milwaukee has CV on the market, but like bg said, with the Lue signing. They don't need another PG. They need a PF.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#27 » by christian72589 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Look, Honestly,how often does Crittenton see the floor in MEM? not often i presume. ( sorry don't follow MEM) it seems to me that JC is simmilar to how ARROYO was for us last season. ( a guy that could play but doesn't get the mins) From what i gather, JC isn't really going to be a heavy rotation player for you guys so my question is... why in the world do SOME of you Grizz fans get so pissed off when asked about trading a guy that will have little to no impact on your team in the first place for anyone that either has potential ( REDICK, 1st, or maybe 2nd) or someone that has proven to be a capable backup (bogans, cook) to maybe fringe starter?
PhD Griz
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by PhD Griz » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:45 pm

christian72589 wrote:Look, Honestly,how often does Crittenton see the floor in MEM? not often i presume. ( sorry don't follow MEM) it seems to me that JC is simmilar to how ARROYO was for us last season. ( a guy that could play but doesn't get the mins) From what i gather, JC isn't really going to be a heavy rotation player for you guys so my question is... why in the world do SOME of you Grizz fans get so pissed off when asked about trading a guy that will have little to no impact on your team in the first place for anyone that either has potential ( REDICK, 1st, or maybe 2nd) or someone that has proven to be a capable backup (bogans, cook) to maybe fringe starter?

1 - How do you know Critt won't see the floor? Last year he averaged 19 minutes a game for us in Feb.....he was only playing SG and SF...and that was with battling JC Navarro for minutes at the backup SG spot. This season he is clearly the primary backup SG and could get some minutes at PG depending on how training camp or injuries shake out...

2 - We get mad when Magic fans tell us how important or great it is that we could cut cap with trading you DHowards little high school buddy.....you guys know nothing of our cap situation....chew on this...

--We are barely over the minimum required salary right now......which means depending on the trade details, a package involving the Trade Exception you guys got from NJ would put us in violation of league rules...

--Crit has a team option next year, meaning he is an expiring contract if we feel that more cap room next summer is important, however, after declining Antonie Walker and buying out Buckner we will again barely be over the minimum required salary...

3. Bogans and Cook are bums....cook won't play in front of hak or arthur....Crittenton is not a bum...

4. Reddick and an unprotected 1st (or multiple 1sts) is about the only real thing of interest beside Courtney Lee (who we tried to draft by trading Critt to Washington for the 18th)....and even then it is not a sure thing that we would want slow-footed Better Basketball....

5. Every year for like 3 years we have had a PG go down with a major injury....so trading Crit to improve our team would be considered, giving him to the Magic b/c he played high school ball with Superman is not a high priority...
commadoor 64
Starter
And1: 26

Post#29 » by commadoor 64 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Thank you.

well said Dr.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#30 » by christian72589 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm

hahahaha wooooah PHD Griz...i clearly stated that i don't follow your team. I PRESUMED that he didn't get much time based upon other people's posts. Didn't mean to get your blood pumping. Dude, bogans isn't a bum. He just isn't a starter. Who do the memphis grizzlies have at the SG spot that can knock down the three AND play solid D comming off the bench? Cook also isn't a bum. He is a niche player. His niche is the three ball that he drops when opposing teams forget he is on the perimeter. If they do not forget, then he forces an opposing PF or C to come out to the three to guard him, making it easier to either grab an offensive reb. or opening the lane... NOT scrub material, just not starters that could give you tons of points. Besides... I'd take Keith bogan's almost 9 ppg and Brian cook's 5 ppg with thier respective talents otherwise to a guy that averages maybe 5 ppg playing almost 20 mins if i backed a team like the grizzlies. (not trying to diss your squad, it's clear they are rebuilding but let's get serious)
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#31 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Bottom line, christian, is that JCritt is more valuable, even as a trade piece, than what Orlando can offer. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#32 » by christian72589 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 pm

you know what grizzled.... that's ALL I was looking for, and i think you'd be hard-pressed to find a magic fan that doesn't agree with you. I personally do, i think that people just want us to get JC that badly. I don't think this deal will go thru, and JC is a great potential talent for you guys in the future. I am in agreement that no player should be given away just because two people are buddies. if that's the case, we'd be talking josh smith with D-12. I just don't think that our players are scrubs... the stats indicate they are not, but i do think that JC clearly above and beyond any doubt has way more potential than K Bogans (already met potential) or B cook. I also understand your cap situation, you literally cannot drop any more salary. All of this considered is why i see more and more that the trade wouldn't and probobly won't happen.

by the way, who are you guys trying to get with your cap room?
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 pm

by the way, who are you guys trying to get with your cap room?

That, as of next season, will be the $30 million question? Grizz fans don't know and it doesn't look like the front office has a clue either.
Da_James_Gang
Junior

Post#34 » by Da_James_Gang » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:40 am

If he gets traded i see it being for someone's trade exception and a future first....
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Sat Aug 2, 2008 11:26 am

Da_James_Gang wrote:If he gets traded i see it being for someone's trade exception and a future first....

No, no, no, no - when will people learn. The Grizz currently have 12 players under contract. Trading JC will have to bring a player back.
Da_James_Gang
Junior

Post#36 » by Da_James_Gang » Sat Aug 2, 2008 6:04 pm

Its just his salary is so low thats why i think he will be moved for the tpe. It wont be hard imo to fill 4 spots on a roster when they are players who will pretty much ride the bench.

You know what might be a solid deal, lol you guys do lose a roster spot though. I was thinking Hakim Warrick/Javaris Crittenton for Marvin Williams...
ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#37 » by ray ray » Sun Aug 3, 2008 12:43 am

Suns fan here,

TRADE OPTION # 1: How about we trade you Raja Bell. Alando Tucker and a 2nd rounder in 2010 for Hakim Warrick and Javaris Crittenton

TRADE OPTION #2: The Suns trade you Leandro Barbosa, Alando Tucker for Javaris Crittenton, Greg Buckner and Hakim Warrick. Trade id# 4746237

TRADE OPTION #3: The Suns trade Boris Diaw , Alando Tucker and 2nd round in 2010 for Antione Walker, Hakim Warrick and Javaris Crittenton

Last but not least,

TRADE OPTION #4: The Suns trade Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw for Darco Millic, Javaris Crittenton and Hakim Warrick.

If you have not notice yet, I'm very high on Crittenton and Warrick as players that would help the Suns.

Do any trade interste you???
PhD Griz
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by PhD Griz » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:34 am

1 - done

2 - done

3 - maybe not

4 - done
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#39 » by SD2042 » Sun Aug 3, 2008 7:45 am

I can deal with the first option. With Bell, he would be what we expected of Dahntay Jones when he was here. Bell knows when to take his shots, veteran experience, and solid defense to the Grizzlies backcourt that's was 28th in backcourt defense.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#40 » by laduane1 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:38 am

Many fans here in LA would love to get Critt back. We love Pau, but it was so hard for the Lakers to let go of Critt. He was the future at the point guard. We have Farmar, but he is no way close to what Critt can do and offer. Critt has size and speed for a PG. Farmar is a 6'2 if he is that big. Critt is a good 6'5. If I were you, I keep him.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies