ImageImage

Memphis to Seattle

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Memphis to Seattle 

Post#1 » by bigballajohn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 am

No offense to anyone, but from all i have been hearin lately, it seems as though memphis will prolly move to seattle becuz u guys would rather support the titans or memphis college. also, seattle did not want to c the sonics leave
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Re: Memphis to Seattle 

Post#2 » by jefe » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 am

Just because you say "no offense" doesn't mean it's not offensive. Plus, from whom have you been hearing this? Judging by your grammar, spelling, syntax, etc. (c'mon "memphis college" ... really?)they're probably just your playground playmates; in which case, I wouldn't put too much faith in them - and would even go so far as to say you're just trolling. That's just IMO though.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#3 » by Downtown » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm a longtime Seattle Supersonics fan. The only reason I frequent the Grizzlies forum is because I've lost my team and I live in Vancouver so I figured I would take an interest in the Grizzlies.

I find it amusing that a Heat fan(guessing from the sig) seems to know what will happen in Seattle. The fact is the Seattle fans are so upset over losing their team that the majority have said that they would rather get an expansion team than steal another city's team because they know how it feels to have that happen to them( I've had it happen twice with the Grizzlies and Sonics).

Although they certainly wouldn't turn down a relocated team if it was offered and local ownership could be found, at this time they are working towards a $300mil revamp of Key Arena, with Microsoft CEO Steve Balmer pledging $150mil, the city another $75mil, and are now waiting on the state to pass a tourist tax to come up with the rest. Once they get that it still takes time to organize and proceed through the red tape. Add on the actual work, and we're looking at best two- three years down the road before they will even be ready fo a return to the NBA. And there's no guarantee of a team since there are other cities wanting one as well.

No one can tell me that the Memphis Grizzlies have been projected that far down the road as moving to Seattle. So every time an NBA team has a poor year of attendance, or it's reported to be losing money, I guess we'll hear the relocation rumors. It was recently written that perhaps only 5-7 teams are in the black. This league is owned by deep pocketed billionaires(when Heisley bought the Vancouver Grizzlies he was reported to be worth between 3-5 billion dollars).

I want to assure Memphis fans that stories like these aren't coming from former Seattle fans.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,550

Post#4 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 pm

And thereĀ“s all sorts of garanties/contracts that will block any kind of trip to Seatle. I guess (I think I read here) that the Grizz are guaranted in Memphis til 2015, 2017...
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Post#5 » by bgassassin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:32 am

Well then you've heard wrong Heat fan.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... t-leaving/

All you have heard were assumptions, that's it.

EDIT: Oh and I would like to see Seattle get another team as it would increase the Grizzlies chances of moving to the East in a realignment. Only the West would be a logical choice for a team to make it 32 teams, keeping the league even. Then they could either go back to the two-division conferences or copy the NFL.

Who am I kidding. Minnesota would probably get the nod over us.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies