ImageImage

J-Critt to Washington

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Grizzfan4liphe
Freshman
And1: 0

J-Critt to Washington 

Post#1 » by Grizzfan4liphe » Tue Dec 9, 2008 10:14 pm

Chris Vernon is reporting Javaris Crittenton was traded to Washington for pick(s)
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: J-Critt to Washington 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:43 am

I heard this on the radio myself today. The CA doesn't have a link to confirm the trade. Maybe the deal is still being finalized.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#3 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:53 am

No deal tonight, but they're still working:

http://www.thememphisedge.com/2008/12/0 ... ing-dealt/
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#4 » by Downtown » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:25 pm

This isn't going to change the balance of power in the league but it is a decent trade for Memphis. It was obvious that Crittendon wasn't in their plans and like their GM said having their pick back gives them all the flexibility back.

But it does change my outlook a little bit on how teams usually try and showcase a player with more playing time leading up to a trade for lesser players. What read could Washington have possibly gotten on Javaris?

Anyways, now that it's behind them it opens up speculation as to how the Grizzlies fill Crittendons roster spot.
hptmatthew
Senior
And1: 3

Post#5 » by hptmatthew » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Downtown wrote:This isn't going to change the balance of power in the league but it is a decent trade for Memphis. It was obvious that Crittendon wasn't in their plans and like their GM said having their pick back gives them all the flexibility back.

But it does change my outlook a little bit on how teams usually try and showcase a player with more playing time leading up to a trade for lesser players. What read could Washington have possibly gotten on Javaris?

Anyways, now that it's behind them it opens up speculation as to how the Grizzlies fill Crittendons roster spot.

That spot will remain open. What this trade also did is let everyone know that QRoss now gets to stay around, since we are at league minimum. I'd hate to see what might have happened if we hadn't been able to get rid of Critt. it might have been "byebye Grizz' best perimeter defender".
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#6 » by jefe » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Good for Critt. Hopefully he'll get some PT in Washington.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies