ImageImage

How could AMARE come here?

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

bobobolas1
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

How could AMARE come here? 

Post#1 » by bobobolas1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 am

"One NBA general manager said Portland and Chicago have the best chance to land Amare Stoudemire, while Memphis is also a contender."

I have read it in the wiretap. How could memphis land him? I dont think a three way trade coming, so, would we have to get rid of the half of team?

Maybe you are getting more news there in USA than here in europe.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Re: How could AMARE come here? 

Post#2 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:03 am

Memphis has the one thing that none of the other active teams have to offer - immediate cap relief. IF Sarvar's primary concern is to get under the salary cap THIS season, only Memphis (or another team with the help of the Grizz) can accomplish that. Overall the Grizz can offer immediate relief, and expiring contract in Buckner, youth in Gay or Conley and Hak, and pick(s).

Now, all that said, would Amare entertain the thought of signing a max extension with the Grizz? Probably not, which would likely kill the Grizz's involvement.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#3 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 am

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:Memphis has the one thing that none of the other active teams have to offer - immediate cap relief. IF Sarvar's primary concern is to get under the salary cap THIS season, only Memphis (or another team with the help of the Grizz) can accomplish that. Overall the Grizz can offer immediate relief, and expiring contract in Buckner, youth in Gay or Conley and Hak, and pick(s).

Now, all that said, would Amare entertain the thought of signing a max extension with the Grizz? Probably not, which would likely kill the Grizz's involvement.

You're probably right, but with all the reports lately insisting that Memphis is still involved in talks about acquiring Stoudemire, you have to think that the Grizz at least have some hope that he will sign an extension. If he boldly said that he wouldn't sign an extension, then even our front office would have been smart enough to end the talks about acquiring him.
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#4 » by boogiesdad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:39 pm

If we had him locked up, I'd make an offer, but a one year rental...no thanks...

I'd be more inclined to trade our cap space this years for more shots at Blake Griffin.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies