Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies(23-56) @ Lakers(63-17) 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:27 am

Image @ Image

Who: Memphis Grizzlies(23-56) @ Los Angeles Lakers(63-17)
When: Sunday, April 12th
Where: STAPLES CENTER in Los Angeles, CA
Time: 9:30 PM CST
TV/Radio: FS Tennessee/WRBO 103.5FM
Season Series: Lakers lead 3-0
Team Trivia: Grizzlies center Darko Milicic and Lakers forward Trevor Ariza were teammates for two seasons (2005-07) on the Orlando Magic.

Grizzlies Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Re: Grizzlies(23-56) @ Lakers(63-17) 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:46 pm

Do some of you think the Lakers may shorten the players minutes since they have clinch the #1 spot in the Western Conf playoffs?

The win against the Suns on Friday was with them playing their backups due to their elimination from the playoffs. Would a win like that really boost their moral or does a win like that creates a false sense of confidence since they played against the Suns backups during the game?
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#3 » by 360 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 am

Great game by OJ, but this team sucks.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:18 am

Post-game quotes
Grizzlies
Head Coach Lionel Hollins

on the Lakers performance:
“They were aggressive, that’s all it was they were very aggressive. They had a tough lost the other night against Portland and they came and played much harder. They took post-ups out of the game, they doubled team and zoned up to the post-ups and we struggled to score.”

on if the Grizzlies are learning as a team:
“It’s nothing about that, we just got beat. Every night is not a process of learning, it’s just that we went out without any intensity and any aggressiveness and got beat but a much better team who was more focused then we were.”

on how good OJ Mayo is:
“OJ can be good, I don’t know how good. He’s a good shooter, he attacks the defense, comes off screens, he spots up. He’s young player but he has improves in a lot of different areas but OJ is going to be a player.”

Mike Conley

on the game:
“They put a lot of pressure on us I think, we really couldn’t get really good looks they were always trapping the ball, ball screens, and a very long athletic team so it was tough to make passes where you wanted to. It was always gambling trying to get still. They just kind of got us out of our game a little bit.”

on what they can learn from the Lakers:
“You take a lot of things, you take away from a team that’s fighting for the best record the way they came mentally focused to play, I think they really came out from the 1st quarter ready to beat us. To make a statement that they are the best team out there and they did that by playing defense and I think that’s one thing we can get better at.”

Marc Gasol

on tomorrow’s game against Phoenix:
“We have to get our minds right, we know that Phoenix tomorrow is going to try and beat us, because we beat them last time at home pretty good and tomorrow they are going to be ready to play.”

on what they learned from the Lakers and what it takes to get to that level:
“That everybody is important. Everybody has to be ready to play; they know that they are trying to choose different line-up in the game. They try to put different players in the game to see how they react, how good they play in the game time. Everybody has to be in shape.”

on trying to finish the season strong:
“Not today but we played pretty good the last 8 to 10 games. But tonight, I don’t for what reason we didn’t come out as strong as we’ve been doing lately.”

Lakers
Head Coach Phil Jackson

on what the Lakers will take from tonight’s game:
“They (Memphis) run the same stuff we face all the time and their players are athletic. We did a much better job on screen and roll defense tonight and did some things tonight that were good defensively. Offensively, I wasn’t totally happy with the ball game as far as ball movement, player movement and execution. But I liked the energy that some of the younger guys came out there and played with.”

Return to Memphis Grizzlies