Would Memphis do this trade? 

Post#1 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 am

Working on a trade idea
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=900383&p=19301233#p19301233

Memphis would get - Jason Richardson from The Suns
Luol Deng from The Bulls
Filler from either the Suns or Bulls
and Bulls 1st round draft pick.

Someone is trying to get Amare to the Bulls and needs a team to help facilitate. I think the only team that could help would be Memphis. They have the pieces PHX wants.

Suns get - Gay, Mayo, Thomas (from Bulls)

Bulls get - Amare

Just trying to get Memphis input on how it would roll. Also if you had the opportunity to get Amare straight up for Mayo would you do it? Thats with Amare signing an extension with us then being traded to you.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
MemGrizz32
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Would Memphis do this trade? 

Post#2 » by MemGrizz32 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:23 am

Personally, there is NO WAY i would do this trade.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#3 » by I Am Awesome-O » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:44 am

**** NO! Seriously, why does everyone think that their teams can get their hands on O.J. Mayo and/or Rudy Gay without having to give up a anything at all to get them.

Gay>>>>>>>>>Deng
Mayo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Richardson

Both Deng and Richardson could be had for immediate cap space/expiring contracts and late 1st/early 2nd round draft picks, so why would Memphis even think about thinking about considering giving up its two best players who are younger than Richardson and Deng, have much more potential, and are on cheap rookie contracts while Richardson and Deng are both vastly overpaid?

Only a Suns fan would think that Phoenix can get Mayo, Gay, and Tyrus Thomas for a half-blind Amare Stoudemire who can leave in 2010 and the total ballhog that is called Jason Richardson. Ugh... homerism at its finest.

In reality, Phoenix could only get their hands on Gay or Thomas in a Stoudemire trade, especially considering his season ending injury that he just suffered. Come up with a deal not involving O.J. Mayo and then we can talk. Otherwise... :lol: at this trade proposal.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#4 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 am

I Am Awesome-O wrote:**** NO! Seriously, why does everyone think that their teams can get their hands on O.J. Mayo and/or Rudy Gay without having to give up a anything at all to get them.

Yeah, thats right, The #1 offense in the league giving up their 2 top scorers is nothing. Homer-ism is thinking your rookie is greater then he really is. I believe Stat got rookie of the year, how about Mayo? Its funny how no one wants a half blind Stat, yet 70% of the trade ideas on the trade forum are people trying to get him. As for Richardson being a ball hog, you must not have watched many PHX games.
Richardson was a hog on the Bobcats cause he was the only one that could score. Kinda like Kobe was a ball hog when the rest of the Lakers sucked. If you check the stats Mayo took 309 more shots and 53 more Threes then J-Rich, so ball hog my ass. If the Suns are playing good, J-Rich starts focusing on his D then jacking up shots.Even when he was jacking up shots in Charlotte he was leading the NBA in 3 point percentage.

Stats for 08-09 FG% 3P% FT% REB ASS STLS BLKS TO POINTS

Ricardson .477% .397% .769% 4.5 2 1.06 .39 1.32 16.8

Mayo .438% .384% .869% 3.8 3.2 1.11 .16 2.76 18.5

Not that much difference! Also if you clicked on the link you would have seen that it was the Suns re-signing Stat and then trading him. Thus he would not be just walking away after 1 year.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#5 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 pm

No thanks. Don't want a player that is a lateral move and is already 7 years older and has $27 million committed to him over the next 2 years. Deng did nothing to justify his extension.

Even if both players are better than Mayo and Gay, you lose all possible flexibility to sign talent to pair with them.

No deal.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#6 » by 360 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:13 pm

I think that Mayo will be a better player in the future than any of the guys involved in this trade. No he didn't win ROY, but he had a great season and he was one of the best in a very deep class. The Grizzlies should not be including him in any trades.

And Kerrsed, it is pretty sad that you would come in here bashing a rookie. Amare can't carry a team and the Suns haven't won any championships with him so don't come in here acting like he is an all-time great and putting our guy and our team down.

It would be incredibly stupid to give up Mayo and Gay for a guy who Mayo will be better than as early as next year and a garbage player in Deng who is making his contract look like robbery right now. And if Mayo isn't that good, why in the hell are you proposing that he come to your team? In your first post, you're acting like you want to unload Amare and Richardson for Gay and Mayo, yet when some people here show that they're against it, you start putting Mayo down and building up Amare and Richardson. And didn't our overrated rookie drop 19 in the 4th quarter against your Suns this year? OJ has played great against the Suns this year and you're obviously impressed, otherwise you wouldn't be here proposing trades for him. So don't start talking about how we're overrating him after you plainly stated that we "have the pieces PHX wants."
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#7 » by BarbaGrizz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 am

WOW! It´s really, REALLY stupid compare Mayo´s stats with Richardson stats!

btw, Steve Nash has pretty similar stats compared to Derrick Rose. Go to the bulls board and offer Nash for Rose...
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Kerrsed » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:57 am

360 wrote:And Kerrsed, it is pretty sad that you would come in here bashing a rookie. Amare can't carry a team and the Suns haven't won any championships with him so don't come in here acting like he is an all-time great and putting our guy and our team down.

I wasnt trying to bash, just hate coming to other team boards, asking a question, then getting ripped for it.
I Am Awesome-O wrote:**** NO! Seriously, why does everyone think that their teams can get their hands on O.J. Mayo and/or Rudy Gay without having to give up a anything at all to get them.
Only a Suns fan would think that Phoenix can get Mayo, Gay, and Tyrus Thomas for a half-blind Amare Stoudemire who can leave in 2010 and the total ballhog that is called Jason Richardson. Ugh... homerism at its finest.

And to say.....

I Am Awesome-O wrote:In reality, Phoenix could only get their hands on Gay or Thomas in a Stoudemire trade

is just plain insane. Thomas for Amare straight up, yeah, right! Gay for Amare straight up, i dont think so. Wasnt Memphis offering Gay + pieces for him 2months ago? Your right, i would like to have them play for the Suns, im not trying to bash Gay or Mayo, i think both of them are going to be good players, i was just trying to get this Bulls fan to realize that the 4 trade threads he made all trying to acquire Amare for junk would be impossible.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Kerrsed » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:03 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:WOW! It´s really, REALLY stupid compare Mayo´s stats with Richardson stats!

btw, Steve Nash has pretty similar stats compared to Derrick Rose. Go to the bulls board and offer Nash for Rose...

Why is it stupid to compare stats? If someone is gonna try to call out JRich and say he is a ball hog, how do you find out? You check the stats. 309 more shots must mean that if he is a ball hog, then Mayo must be more of one. Anyway i didnt come here to argue, i just wanted some feedback on someone elses trade idea, then started being attacked.
It_Was_Typed
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#10 » by It_Was_Typed » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Hilarious.
#JuiceIsFree
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Kerrsed - you just don't get it. Richardson and Mayo may well put up similar stats. Stat comparison is where it ends. What do you not understand about Richardson being 7 years older and making many more millions of dollars a year? Come on. Be reasonable, understand you didn't have the goods on this proposal and walk away ;)
bgassassin
Starter

Post#12 » by bgassassin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:30 pm

You are getting ripped because you posted a horrible trade idea that you are trying to justify even if it's not your idea. When you are needed to facilitate a trade, you don't give up stuff like that. They need us, we don't need them.

And seriously why is a rookie's stats being compared to a vet? If the rookie is equal to or is outperforming the vet, then who would be stupid enough to take the vet for the rookie when the rookie obviously still can get better?

And that 2002 draft class was just so loaded. It's a wonder Amare was able to win RotY. :roll:

I will say though that I would not trade Mayo for Amare. I would want Mayo playing with Amare, so others may have to be looked at. However not for the rumored offer Phoenix came with.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#13 » by BarbaGrizz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Wasnt Memphis offering Gay + pieces for him 2months ago?

Nope. Steve Kerr was trying to sell him. CW never made a proposal
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#14 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:24 am

Why is everyone obsessed with getting Memphis' Gay Mayo?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Why is everyone obsessed with getting Memphis' Gay Mayo?

It's similar to the obsession with making Gay Mayo references I guess...
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#16 » by jefe » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:02 pm

With out addressing the values being swapped here - why is Memphis giving Pheonix the bulk of its return for Amare - but then getting Deng instead of Amare? The Grizz have to help themselves before they help the Bulls IMO.
GrizzGT
Junior
Location: Grizz Fan 1st ... but also on Warrior bandwagon since 4/6/06

Post#17 » by GrizzGT » Fri May 1, 2009 2:58 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
360 wrote:... i was just trying to get this Bulls fan to realize that the 4 trade threads he made all trying to acquire Amare for junk would be impossible.

Just a simple question then .....

Why did you come to the Grizz board to do this exactly?

Does this "Bulls fan" frequent the Grizz board?

If that was your goal you succeded IMO, provided your "Bulls fan" actually looked at this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to Memphis Grizzlies