SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies have Murray, Tinsley, and Kinsey on radar 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:10 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... nd_kinsey/

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... ndo-magic/

I wouldn't mind Murray b/c of his scorer mentality and he would spell that at backup SG off the bench. TKO is another player I won't mind coming back to the Grizz. He didn't get a fair chance when Iavaroni was around. :nonono: Tinsley isn't a player I see wearing a Grizz uni anytime soon. If anything, I won't be surprise if Miami signs either him or AI to their roster before training camp begins later on.
bobobolas1
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: Grizzlies have Murray, Tinsley, and Kinsey on radar 

Post#2 » by bobobolas1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:12 pm

ID like to see flip murray here. he is a decent scorer for the second squad. T.Kinsey is a player for the future, but id give him some minutes.

but, how much money does them worth?
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#3 » by Downtown » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:20 pm

I posted somewhere in the Grizzlies forum on "Flip" Murray. Being a Sonics fan I watched him for a while. All offence, little defence. Hot and cold. Up and down. Always looks to score, not make the pass.

He has played both guard positions so he could fill a need with Conley/Williams, Mayo/Jaric/Young? with Murray possibly getting more playing time as a veteran if Williams, Jaric, or Young falter.

He fills a need as insurance. But like alot of veteran players he's most likely looking for a rotation spot and if nothing materializes he may sign with Memphis.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#4 » by I Am Awesome-O » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Murray is easily the best of the bunch, but he will also be the most expensive. I like TK, and I hate Iavaroni for letting Casey freaking Jacobsen play ahead of him, which ultimately led to TK's release. He's nothing special, but he would be our best bench scorer (why did you let Hak walk Heisley?!). I want absolutely no part in Tinsley.

None of these options are really that good though. There are better bench guards out there that are probably available such as Raja Bell, Patty Mills, etc.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:26 am

Don't think Raja Bell can be had by the Grizz despite Charlotte appears to be cutting cost with the Okafor move. As for Tinsley, no way he's a Grizz come the season. He'll require the most money.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#6 » by Three34 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Kinsey just signed in Turkey, so cross him off the list. Murray would be a good fit, and considering how little interest there is in him, he won't command a lot.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Hopefully he won't. If Murray is signed, I wonder for how much and for how many yrs.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#8 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Oy vey - now AI is apparently back in the mix. Sheesh...
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#9 » by Downtown » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:08 pm

I've said before that as long as Iverson was at the right contract terms, and that his role was clearly spelled out to him so he couldn't come back in the press and say differently, I think he would add a great dimension to the Grizzlies. I'd take him. But I'm a little biased since I've always liked his game regardless of his attitude off the floor.

Since I don't have to be around him or deal with him but simply watch him as a fan I can overlook all his personal attributes. On the floor I've never seen a player that wants to win more than him. Besides his obvious defensive shortcomings the guy can pretty much do it all and his fearlessness might rub off on Conley and Mayo.

Of course the debate about trying to do it all himself rather than operating within the team structure is rightfully open for discussion. As it is with Zach Randolph, or Rudy Gay. But don't tell me that the Nuggets, one of my favorite teams, doesn't have the same issues with guys like Anthony, JR Smith, Kenyon Martin, or Nene. And they get the job done since they have a strong minded coach in George Karl that isn't afraid to call out any of his players. If Hollins can relate to Iverson and Randolph, and get everyone to work within a certain structure while still allowing them to be their own players individually, then since they were near the bottom of the league in points scored why not give it a try?

The Grizzlies aren't one of the topend teams but they could be a much more exciting one then last season. Just my opinion.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#10 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Well, upon further review the feeling amongst the masses on the other Memphis board is this is likely just a leverage play by AI to get the best deal possible from Charlotte. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by SD2042 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 pm

It may work for AI. It may not. We all know one thing, he's in a situation where he's really desperate.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies