ImageImage

quick question:

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

J08
Banned User
And1: 0

quick question: 

Post#1 » by J08 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:14 pm

hey guys i just wanted to know why isnt hasheem thabeet getting playing time.
is he injured? if he is what kind of injury.

i was watching the game last night and didnt see him play.

btw, great win guys.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Re: quick question: 

Post#2 » by I Am Awesome-O » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Yeah I'm not really sure why Thabeet didn't get any PT last night either. He's not injured or anything, so I assume it was a DNP-CD. He was AWFUL in the little time he got against the Pistons, and the Grizzlies were actually in the Raptors game, so Hollins put in guys that gave Memphis a better shot at winning than Thabeet.

It also may be a confidence issue. There is nothing worse than killing a rookie's confidence at the very beginning of his first NBA season. That can ruin careers. And I'm sure Bosh/Bargnani would have eaten Hasheem's confidence alive.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 635

Post#3 » by jefe » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:22 pm

It may have just been matchups (the Grizz played some small ball with Zbo at the 5) and Gasol playing well that kept him on the bench, although Haddadi did get two minutes that could have gone to Thabeet. FWIW, it seems that Hollins is using Hunter as a PF and not a C.

I know that it is extremely premature, but is the D-League a possible destination for Thabeet?
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#4 » by I Am Awesome-O » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:35 am

Thabeet played tonight, and actually did quite well. 2 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 blocks in 12 minutes is very productive for someone so raw.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies