ImageImage

Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) vs Sacramento Kings (0-3)

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) vs Sacramento Kings (0-3) 

Post#1 » by vanjulio » Mon Nov 2, 2009 2:21 pm

Image @ Image

Who: Memphis Grizzlies(1-2) @ Sacramento Kings(0-3)
When: Monday, November 2nd
Where: Arco Arena, Sacramento, CA
Time: 7:00 PM CST
TV/Radio: FS Tennessee/ CSCA/ WRBO 103.5 FM
Previous Season Series: 2-2
Team Game Notes
Team Trivia: Kings played the Spurs Saturday night on Halloween. Presence of an errant flying mammal had no long-lasting positive effect on the outcome of the game for the Kings
Rudy Gay comes from Raven country. So hopefully that will open up Grizzlies scoring against the 30th ranked defense in the league so far.

Grizzlies Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
bobobolas1
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) vs Sacramento Kings (0-3) 

Post#2 » by bobobolas1 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 2:56 pm

Time to collect a road win.

Go Grizzs GO!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 4:26 pm

Put last night's loss in the rearview mirror and keep your eyes in front. Play better defense and for GOD'S SAKE make your FTs!!!!!
Kevlo_911
Rookie

Post#4 » by Kevlo_911 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:26 pm

AI will play tonight, should be interesting to see how he will be implemented
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#5 » by Downtown » Mon Nov 2, 2009 5:45 pm

A player I really like is Jason Thompson. I wanted Seattle to make a trade on his draft day and pick him. He isn't a flashy player and won't make any highlight reels but he is very fundamentally sound, like a Kevin McHale type. I look forward to seeing the matchup of him against Randolph.

And of course Tyreke Evans, who I thought Memphis might take in the draft, will be interesting to watch.

With Fransisco Garcia out I wonder if the Kings put Andres Noccioni on Rudy Gay and try to intimidate him physically. I think if they do Gay will put up some big numbers with hopefully a little motivation from the Denver game after Anthony scored at will and the Mayo incident. Noccioni can't stay with Gay and if he is assigned to him Rudy will be at the foul line alot.

One other thing is that besides Thompson and Spencer Hawes, who although he's a terrific young player isn't known as a physical player, the Kings are lacking big man depth. If I were Lionel Hollins I would throw Gasol and Randolph hard at the two of them and bring in Carroll and Thabeet to keep the pressure on the two of them and grind them down.
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#6 » by JustOneFix » Mon Nov 2, 2009 6:08 pm

I belive Evans is injured and he might not even play. Which is good for the Grizz off course since he's the only decent player besides Martin that could do some damage.

Sac's perfect matchup for the introduction of AI, since i belive this should be a easy W for the Grizzlies.
Kevlo_911
Rookie

Post#7 » by Kevlo_911 » Mon Nov 2, 2009 7:20 pm

Any of you guys watched the games? How has the defense looked?
mlagoa
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#8 » by mlagoa » Tue Nov 3, 2009 5:59 am

Conley: 36min
Iverson: 17min

WFT!?
Sorry my bad english
SpiritGuardiaN
Freshman

Post#9 » by SpiritGuardiaN » Tue Nov 3, 2009 6:01 am

our defence sucks :( :( lost in overtime. lost against sacto is so borring
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Tue Nov 3, 2009 6:59 am

I don't even want to know. I thought they could at least played well enough to get a win against the Kings. Dead wrong on that.
RolloTommasi
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#11 » by RolloTommasi » Tue Nov 3, 2009 7:10 am

mlagoa wrote:Conley: 36min

WFT!?

one is a PG, the other a ball-hog
AI4life07
Junior

Post#12 » by AI4life07 » Tue Nov 3, 2009 7:44 am

that continues iverson's streak of losing in his debut game with a new team. it was frustrating seeing him get little playing time but it was very understandable. this is afterall his first game with a new team coming off an injury on top of that. it's gonna take a couple of weeks for him to get back in game shape. now as for the grizz themselves only randolph showed up to play. this team has a long way to go before they can contend for anything! this is a very frustrating team to watch play! i however do see potential room for improvement.
Chitan
Freshman

Post#13 » by Chitan » Tue Nov 3, 2009 10:06 am

The last 20 Memphis offensive plays were ridiculous. Gay or Mayo caught the ball... and shoot!!!!
Basketball is a 5 people sport, not a 1 vs 5 sport.
Why Rudy Gay never pass the ball to the low post????

PD: Sorry for my english...
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by vanjulio » Tue Nov 3, 2009 1:55 pm

RolloTommasi wrote:
mlagoa wrote:Conley: 36min

WFT!?

one is a PG, the other a ball-hog

one is a college PG, the other NBA ball-hog. I guess i'll take the NBA player
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#15 » by jefe » Tue Nov 3, 2009 1:56 pm

If not for the Kings ridiculous outside shooting, the Grizz would have won this one. The Grizz dominated the boards, points in the paint, and fastbreak points --- but 14 of 25 on 3 point field goals by the Kings nullified it all.
24K_Gold
Junior

Post#16 » by 24K_Gold » Tue Nov 3, 2009 2:31 pm

this team still has a ways to go but the potential is there.they have to watch their tempo...when they get a big lead on teams they don't have to keep going 500mph which allows the other team more attempts to get back into the game.another thing that needs to be addressed is that all the players must realize that this teams strength is in the post...at this point marc and z-bo both need to have more of the offense ran threw them when the teams fastbreak stalls.gay's body scares me...is he always like that? he seems to be sulking since he is not the man.

I thought iverson looked indecisive/timid at first but ultimately started to get somewhat of a comfort zone,which is nice to see being that the grizz are going to need that after they get off to a good start. someone to keep the scoring going when the starters are out.
trust me...i know what the hell i'm talking about!
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#17 » by Downtown » Tue Nov 3, 2009 4:14 pm

I didn't see the game but looking at the boxscore and stats I have to agree with jefe. It looks like the Grizzlies had the advantage in quite a few areas, but the Kings had the hot hand from the 3 point line.

You have to give the Kings full marks for the win but given that Memphis was playing a back to back game following a high scoring, fast paced one against Denver I have to wonder if they just plain ran out of gas in overtime.

And for the third time an oposing teams star player has a monster of a game. Bosh, Carmelo, now Martin with huge scoring numbers. The funny thing is that all three play different positions so how do you put your finger on the cause and try to fix it?
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by vanjulio » Tue Nov 3, 2009 4:27 pm

Chris Bosh is one of the top 5 players in the game and you can't contain him . meanwhile that is a game we won anyway.

the trend that I don't like is having these shooters run all over us without any tangible limits to their offensive production. I'll remember Ben Gordon's 4 point play on opening night for a long time this year. You got Gordon, Hamilton, Melo, and Kevin Martin all having career nights on us already. That is the trend that has to be corrected for any success this year.

The Overtime collapse was precisely at the moment ZBO fouled out. We are hurting without Warrick and Darrell Arthur. (god help us, Darko Milicic or Stromile Swift too) We essentially have no legitimate backup power forward until Arthur returns. It's hurting us big time. Fortunately there are some good ones in the lottery next summer!
ubernathan
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#19 » by ubernathan » Tue Nov 3, 2009 9:16 pm

The reason why opposing stars all have a field day with us is because the Grizz do not have any good defenders. Someone on the perimeter has to step up their defense about ten notches, because when you've got Z-Bo waiting in the paint you don't want anyone driving. Not to knock on Gasol, but he's not much of a shot blocker and doesn't need the fouls anyway. They need to start a Battier type ahead of Gay and just use Gay and AI to anchor the second unit.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#20 » by SD2042 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:50 am

I imagine Rudy would be happy about that if he went asked of that.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies