Iverson Already Unhappy?

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Mezotarkus
Banned User
And1: 0

Iverson Already Unhappy? 

Post#1 » by Mezotarkus » Tue Nov 3, 2009 9:50 pm

This guy is a piece of work.

"I had no problems (with the hamstring). I had a problem with my butt sitting on that bench for so long," Iverson told the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

When a reporter suggested that the Grizzlies' bench needed Iverson's scoring punch, he disagreed.

"No. I'm not a bench player. I'm not a sixth man," Iverson added. 'Look at my resume and that'll show I'm not a sixth man. I don't think it has anything to do with me being selfish. It's just who I am. I don't want to change what gave me all the success that I've had since I've been in this league. I'm not a sixth man. And that's that."
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Re: Iverson Already Unhappy? 

Post#2 » by boogiesdad » Tue Nov 3, 2009 10:18 pm

Lets be Honest...........

We knew this would happen. AI was bound to open his mouth and insert foot.

He has missed 3 weeks of practice and games due to injury. No coach in their right mind would have played him 40 minutes.

I think he should get 15 minutes behind Conley and 15 behind Mayo. This would be ample time for a 34 yr old.
24K_Gold
Junior

Post#3 » by 24K_Gold » Tue Nov 3, 2009 10:20 pm

you thought he'd be happy about being the 6th man lol?what's new about what he said...he's been saying that all along. he just going to have to suck it up and play.once his mins go up and he has a feel for his teammates this will be an none issue.if he can't deal with all that then he needs to refund all the fans who bought tixs to see him play and retire before he tarnishes his career...what hasn't been tainted already!

on the real though,he should really consider not giving interviews cause everything he say's blows up in his face.
trust me...i know what the hell i'm talking about!
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#4 » by cavsfan_osiris » Tue Nov 3, 2009 10:23 pm

The Grizz have 4 players who want 20 shots per game. I hope they plan on running the most uptempo offense of all time.
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
7AllStar
Ballboy

Post#5 » by 7AllStar » Tue Nov 3, 2009 11:07 pm

BRAVO to Grizzlies management. First trade Gasol for Kwame, Second they think D-Miles still can play, Third they signed Randolph, and Fourth they signed Iverson.

EPIC FAIL - LMAO
grizzleGM
Analyst

Post#6 » by grizzleGM » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:03 am

You want to be realistic... There was absolutely NO reason for him not to be on the floor in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter.

I'm glad to have someone who is more concerned with winning and is willing to call out the crap that exists within the Grizzlies organization. This move to protect the fragile ego of Conley is ridiculous.

Tell me one good reason that the Griz should not start the following five:
Mayo
AI
Carroll
Randolph
Gasol2.0

Conley and Gay coming off the bench.
grizzleGM
Analyst

Post#7 » by grizzleGM » Wed Nov 4, 2009 12:22 am

bobobolas1
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by bobobolas1 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:00 am

Mayo
AI
Carroll
Randolph
Gasol2.0

+1

We would have some firepower from the bench with conley and Gay, but aint sure how a team would play without a true PG...(tho conley is not giving us what a true PG gives)
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#9 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:36 am

I was expecting this to happen in fact everyone was, but after only one game?? lol
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Mezotarkus
Banned User

Post#10 » by Mezotarkus » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:59 am

bobobolas1 wrote:
Mayo
AI
Carroll
Randolph
Gasol2.0

+1

We would have some firepower from the bench with conley and Gay, but aint sure how a team would play without a true PG...(tho conley is not giving us what a true PG gives)

This line up with set league records: (1) fewest assists and (2) least defense played.
RolloTommasi
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#11 » by RolloTommasi » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:37 am

grizzleGM wrote:
Mayo
AI
Carroll
Randolph
Gasol2.0

ROTFL

one good reason ??

trying to win games ?

Iverson, Randolph, Majo = ballhogs on offense, blackholes on defense
Carrol = scrub
mlagoa
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#12 » by mlagoa » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:41 am

Off course this **** is happend....

I think bench is not the problem for AI right now.... but be realistic...

In final minutes in last game, include OT, you put ALLEN IVERSON on the bench!??

Ok, is not the same guy, he´s 34 years old, but still a very good ofensive player... last final 4min (4th period) is terrible for Memphis....

Iverson is unhappy not because he´s a bench player...but look:

Conley - 36mins
Iverson - 17min

In a game with 53min....you sign Iverson and put this guy only 17min in close game? Cmon....see Iverson side too.

I hope you understand my english! :P
Sorry my bad english
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#13 » by jefe » Wed Nov 4, 2009 4:38 am

cavsfan_osiris wrote:The Grizz have 4 players who want 20 shots per game. I hope they plan on running the most uptempo offense of all time.

By all accounts it's working on the offensive end: 107 PPG. 8-)
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#14 » by jefe » Wed Nov 4, 2009 4:41 am

7AllStar wrote:BRAVO to Grizzlies management. First trade Gasol for Kwame, Second they think D-Miles still can play, Third they signed Randolph, and Fourth they signed Iverson.

EPIC FAIL - LMAO

All of those moves had rational thought behind them - unlike your post, troll.
AI4life07
Junior

Post#15 » by AI4life07 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 9:05 am

wow i'm a big iverson supporter myself but i can't defend what he said. i know getting 17 minutes was very frustrating for him but this is the first game he has played for a new team coming off an injury. iverson has to be a little more patient. if he's still a bench player getting 17 minutes 2 weeks from now then i will voice my displeasure and support him 100% but i highly doubt that will happen though. i think he will quickly fit right in and should be a starter within 2 or 3 weeks.
Mumbles
Bench Warmer
And1: 223

Post#16 » by Mumbles » Wed Nov 4, 2009 1:56 pm

I've been able to watch 3/4 Memphis games with league pass. I didn't view many Griz games last season. Some thoughts..

-Zach Randolf is suprising me, I mean he always could score, but he's playing hard defensively and on the boards. The effort is there, he kept Memphis in the Toronto & Sacremento games.

-Gasol is looking very solid so far. He's running the floor well & finishing a lot of and 1s. It will interesting to see how he holds up through the course of the season.

-Mayo loves a pull up 3, he and Rudy have pretty jumpshots when they square up. I would still like to see OJ get to the rim more off the dribble.

-I am litterally shocked in the event that Rudy Gay actually decides to pass the basketball.

-Conley is effective when he's assertive. When he's passive he is not much of a factor out there. This is where having Iverson will help because he's another back court scoring threat. However, it is a bit of a trade off because Allen isn't going to defend much, or really want to get others involved.

One thing that I notice with Conley is that Mike seems to be more of a complimentary voice, when your PG needs to be more of a leader, even if he isn't the best player on the team. Conley simply needs to take things over, in the huddle and on the court, but it seems like the locker room dynamics have Mayo & Rudy as the leaders. And while talented, I don't think those two will lead a team to many victories ( a leader wants to get the whole team involved instead of shining) And I don't think adding Iverson is going to help Conley's will to lead.

-Hasheem Thabeet has a ways to go, but everyone knew that.

-Carroll brings good energy off the bench, but that kid is taking hella shots for a rookie. The coaches must have a lot of confidence in him.

-The losses will pile up fast if they continue to play how they are playing. There best bet is transition, because half court offense is largely a mess. Pass to Gay, shot..or pass to Mayo..shot. Randolf is scoring right now, but these guys are not making plays conducive to winning basketball.

And I already don't like the little factions on the court. You can already tell that Mayo & Gay work fairly well together on offense, and why wouldn't they? All they want to do is score. When Conley makes a bad play, Mayo seems to have little patience as he will usually want to take the ball up the court after a TO. On the flipside Conley & Gasol have really good rapport, Mike is always looking for Gasol in the post & Gasol almost always looks for Mike on the outlet pass after a rebound or made basket, even when OJ is calling for the ball. Randolf is fitting in nowbecause he's scoring, but we'll see how much patience his teammates have when those tough fadeaways start to rim out. I see some talent, but not a 'team' yet.

They should watch how Denver plays, that is a squad with a superstar, but still manages to play as a 'team'.
It_Was_Typed
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#17 » by It_Was_Typed » Wed Nov 4, 2009 4:41 pm

OJ learned that pull up 3 from Chauncey Billups this summer lol
#JuiceIsFree
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#18 » by Manocad » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:21 pm

Fair warning, Memphis fans...prepare to have your organization disparaged by a legion of Iverson fanboys if his season turns out poorly. It was all Detroit's fault last year, and it will all be Memphis' fault if this year ends badly.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#19 » by StutterStep » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:59 pm

grizzleGM wrote:You want to be realistic... There was absolutely NO reason for him not to be on the floor in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter.

I'm glad to have someone who is more concerned with winning and is willing to call out the crap that exists within the Grizzlies organization. This move to protect the fragile ego of Conley is ridiculous.

Mayo
AI
Carroll
Randolph
Gasol2.0

I don't agree with Gay off the bench because Carroll has no outside (so far) and the lane would be clogged with AI slashing, Gasol/Randolph on the block/post.

But AI should start. I don't see the point of bringing him in knowing he had a problem with it in Detroit.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#20 » by realfung » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:30 pm

After this season is over I feel that the Grizz will be gone for another 3 years.
Having AI, Z-Bo on the team and Gay will be gone.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies