Future Games / New Ideas / Suggestion Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

Eh Oh Canada
Senior
And1: 39

Re: Future Games / New Ideas / Suggestion Thread 

Post#61 » by Eh Oh Canada » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:13 am

Blazer50 wrote:Problem is we only have 7 GMs - 10 will be good and you can't really contract 10 teams so all GMs take 2 Teams - too many guys and salary's get all screwed up with a 10 team contraction draft. The 3 inter Team trade limit makes for interesting moves - and you would be able to trade from your team A to another B with the understanding the C will make a deal with D to balance things out - Lots of twists. I also like the possible combos with the 3 tiers of teams:
Tier 1 - GSW/ATL/CHI/CLE/HOU/LA CLIPS/PORTLAND/MEM/SAN ANTONIO & DALLAS (TOP)
Tier 2 - NOH/OKC/PHX/UTAH/TORONTO/WASH/MILW/BOSTON/BKN & iNDY
Tier 3 - DEN/SACTO/LAL/MINN/MIAMI/CHAR/DET/ORL/PHILLY & NYK

I just want to get a game going and think this one offers a lot of interesting twists to our regular GMAT format.

I like this idea however personally that we should do a free agency, to me one of the best parts of the game but that's just me
Dan Verze
NBA TnT Forum: KOTB Champion
And1: 268

Post#62 » by Dan Verze » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:46 am

I really like scotts idea but I don't like starting before the real-life deadline. Just take the draft order from right now (lottery run possible) and start trading in 15-16.
Blazer50
Head Coach
And1: 759

Post#63 » by Blazer50 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:24 am

I thought it would be fun to run a game without Free agency which ALWAYS creates problems. Instead of creating cap space - the player stay in the game at reasonable salaries - and you have the chance to trade for them with massive (3 teams) of assets to get deals done

I thinks we can leave the Draft as is - the Tiered teams have their records - and Ness can decide if he wants to do a lottery or just leave the mock draft order. I just wanted to give a few days for teams to trade Picks with players before the draft and going into the '16 season.
Dan Verze

Post#64 » by Dan Verze » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 am

I really like that scott. No free agency, its all about trading. I would Start with draft - current draft order is the best imo - transparency!
Picks can be dealt after or during the draft so no need for a trading period before.
Then we will need to discuss the salaries for the players. I would say every gm states in the thread which Player he wants to resign. These players will be grouped and a volunteer for every tier will determine the contracts - commish will approve.
The players that wont be resigned will be in fa pool After draft.
I also like the inter-team trades, they have to be posted seperatly.
Winner is who did best job with his 3 teams (win now OR rebuilding, i.e. better fits, more assets, draft Picks).
Dan Verze

Post#65 » by Dan Verze » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:06 am

Dan Verze wrote:I really like that scott. No free agency, its all about trading. I would Start with draft - current draft order is the best imo - transparency!
Picks can be dealt after or during the draft so no need for a trading period before.
Then we will need to discuss the salaries for the players. I would say every gm states in the thread which Player he wants to resign. These players will be grouped and a volunteer for every tier will determine the contracts - commish will approve.
The players that wont be resigned will be in fa pool After draft.
I also like the inter-team trades, they have to be posted seperatly.
Winner is who did best job with his 3 teams (win now OR rebuilding, i.e. better fits, more assets, draft Picks).

I'm excited b/c of this idea and really hope we get 10 active gms.
I think starting with draft - then pseudo-fa and then trading makes it less work for us. We just have to determine contracts in fa, the non-re-resigned fas will be in bidding pool, and to have less work I would say all players with player option opt in (is also likely cause cap will go up in 2016).
We would also have less work b/c we dont have to deal with capholds, dont have to change salaries from 14-15 to 15-16. Because of that i think its cool to have 3 teams
Ralnor
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 544

Post#66 » by Ralnor » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Question, are we going to start up another game?
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#67 » by Zion Wembanyama » Tue May 5, 2015 7:08 pm

The next game should be called, "The Jade Helm 15 Games".
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#68 » by goober » Wed May 6, 2015 2:49 pm

I'll consider playing, but I must apologize for my sudden absence last game, as two days after I joined I was hospitalized for appendicitis and had surgery to remove my appendix and I was away from a computer for a good week. 3 teams seems like a lot to handle but I'm considering signing up.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#69 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed May 6, 2015 7:04 pm

the inevitable death of the Realgm Trades and Transactions Games Forum has come.

It was fun a couple of years ago but the constant unrealistic trades and free agent signings and backroom politicing just ruined the game for myself and many other former GMs. Game has to become a lot more realistic and have active GMs to reivive itself.
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM

Post#70 » by Zion Wembanyama » Thu May 7, 2015 4:54 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:the inevitable death of the Realgm Trades and Transactions Games Forum has come.

It was fun a couple of years ago but the constant unrealistic trades and free agent signings and backroom politicing just ruined the game for myself and many other former GMs. Game has to become a lot more realistic and have active GMs to reivive itself.

I agree. I try to make all of my moves "realistic".
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
Dan Verze

Post#71 » by Dan Verze » Thu May 7, 2015 8:17 am

Draft lottery is may 19th. Lets play then and use scotts idea. Because active gms will have 3 teams and there wont be free agency, i.e. no whining and realistic contracts/outcomes, the game will be good. We just need to have only 10 active gms. I think thats possible.
Madness could change sign up post and I think we only need 2 more gms in the next two weeks?
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#72 » by MadNESS » Fri May 8, 2015 7:24 pm

We can do whatever you guys want.

I think this is just a busy time of year for everyone.

I know Chuck will play, I will play.

I think since the playoffs are going, and MLB is back, plus NHL playoffs, the NFL draft, the fight, everything else going on, that basketball games have taken a back seat. I'm sure after the draft lottery, it will pick back up.

We will have 30 player GMAT's again. I know that much.

Let's just wait it out a while.
LAKESHOW
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#73 » by goober » Sat May 9, 2015 4:40 pm

Maybe in the mean time we could do another trade tournament, I'd certainly be down for that and we won't need 30 people, maybe a max of 10-12? For judges and competitor spots
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM

Post#74 » by Zion Wembanyama » Sun May 10, 2015 2:21 am

WOOOOW... the urge to play GMAT just hit me right in the face!!! I think I'm finally starting to have withdrawals from selling my ps4.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#75 » by MadNESS » Sun May 17, 2015 10:29 pm

If we get three more, we could play a game with each GM having two teams
LAKESHOW
jonestar13579
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#76 » by jonestar13579 » Mon Jun 1, 2015 4:52 pm

You could get 16 owners and do a 32 team GMAT game with there being 2 expansion teams. Just an idea. When is the next game going to start up?
LeBron love affairs have me like :nonono: :nonono: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#77 » by Karmaloop » Wed Jun 3, 2015 6:37 am

I can't speak for others, but I feel like we've lost more GMs than we've replaced them with. We need to recruit some new regulars.
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#78 » by SimonFish » Wed Jun 3, 2015 9:09 am

jonestar13579 wrote:You could get 16 owners and do a 32 team GMAT game with there being 2 expansion teams. Just an idea. When is the next game going to start up?

Love to take control of an expansion team (going through the process of expansion draft or something).
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#79 » by goober » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 pm

jonestar13579 wrote:You could get 16 owners and do a 32 team GMAT game with there being 2 expansion teams. Just an idea. When is the next game going to start up?

Jones, are you the Jones from the Trade Machine?? If you remember me, I'm Volcom Hunter lol
VucchiManee
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#80 » by VucchiManee » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:41 am

Hey fellas, if there's any room in the current gm game I'd be interested in playing. If not perhaps the next?

Return to Trades and Transactions Games