"Pre-Season" GMAT Rules and Schedule Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

"Pre-Season" GMAT Rules and Schedule Thread 

Post#1 » by damecurry » Tue Sep 1, 2015 8:01 am

Really sorry it took me so long to get this sh** up. Please sticky Ness.

Schedule:
Monday 9/7; 11:59PM CST: 12-15 man roster limits enforced.
Tuesday 9/8; 11:59PM CST: Trade Dealine, Rosters Finalized including free agency additions, etc. Submit Rankings (to wallengms@gmail.com)
Wednesday 9/9; 11:59PM CST: Playoff Rankings Deadline, Draft Order Determined, Playoffs begin immediately
Thursday 9/10; 6PM CST: 2016 Draft. We will only do the 1st round, auto-draft second round, only 22 picks so it'll be pretty concise.
Playoffs should be finished friday night or saturday sometime at the latest, I'll open the write-up thread by Saturday 9/12, and the Final Rankings Thread on Monday 9/14 most likely. So whole things should be wrapped up within 2 weeks.

Rules

1.) You must reply to all emails, NO MATTER WHAT, even if its a simple No thanks. As players in this game, you are expected to give a reason why, or discuss the the value, but if the deal is completely off base to you, a No thanks is acceptable as a response.

2.) Have fun. It's a game and it’s meant to be enjoyable. This should be the golden rule of GMAT!

3.) Keep your Team Roster Page updated ASAP!!! As soon as your trade gets approved then immediately update it!

4.) Any issues you have pertaining specifically to the game itself should be addressed initially and primarily by email with myself. Please, please do not bring up issues out of the blue on the forum, they should be discussed in private via email and only brought to the forum if deemed appropriate to do so by the commissioner/mods.

5.) Salary cap for the 2015-16 season is $80M, luxury tax line is $100M, hard cap which cannot be exceeded is $120M.

8.) We will be using the mini-amnesty in this game of $10m, it may be applied to any contract in any way, but only once so use wisely.

9.) We will start with $3,000,000 cash this game, buyouts for just the value of contract.

10.) Each team has the draft picks they have in the real world and you can trade picks through the 2021 season. All picks maintain any real-world protection they already have. Any picks you trade without protection specified will be considered unprotected. But keep in mind with the contraction draft there 8 teams who's picks are obsolete as they've been dissolved.

12.) We will NOT be using the stretch provision in this game.

13.) If a team has an amnesty-eligible player and that team has not already used amnesty in real life they may amnesty one player.

TRADING RULES-

TRADE THREAD

RANKING RULES-

1. After the trading period ends, everyone will be required to send in their rankings. You will rank each team in the game from best to worst, based only on this season, your best guess of regular season record. Please send in your rankings to myself and email them to me.

2. Do NOT rank your own team(s).

PLAYOFF RULES-

1.) There will be playoffs at the end of the 15-16 season. First to 4 votes wins. Standard stuff.

DRAFT RULES -

SEE DRAFT THREAD

ROSTER RULES -

SEE ROSTER THREAD

COACHING RULES -

SEE COACHING THREAD

If anyone has any questions please e-mail me and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Wallengms@gmail.com
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Re: "Pre-Season" GMAT Rules and Schedule Thread 

Post#2 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:00 pm

damecurry wrote:Really sorry it took me so long to get this sh** up. Please sticky Ness.

Schedule:
Monday September 6th 11:59PM CST: 12-15 man roster limits enforced.
Tuesday September 7th 11:59PM CST: Trade Dealine, Rosters Finalized including free agency additions, etc. Submit Rankings (to wallengms@gmail.com)
Wednesday September 8th 11:59PM CST: Playoff Rankings Deadline, Draft Order Determined, Playoffs begin immediately

Thursday September 9th 6PM CST: 2016 Draft. We will only do the 1st round, auto-draft second round, only 22 picks so it'll be pretty concise.
Playoffs should be finished friday night or saturday sometime at the latest, I'll open the write-up thread by Saturday 9/11, and the Final Rankings Thread on Monday 9/13 most likely. So whole things should be wrapped up within 2 weeks.

Do you mean Sunday September 6th or Monday September 7th 11:59 PM CST?
damecurry
General Manager

Post#3 » by damecurry » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:32 pm

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:
damecurry wrote:Really sorry it took me so long to get this sh** up. Please sticky Ness.

Schedule:
Monday September 6th 11:59PM CST: 12-15 man roster limits enforced.
Tuesday September 7th 11:59PM CST: Trade Dealine, Rosters Finalized including free agency additions, etc. Submit Rankings (to wallengms@gmail.com)
Wednesday September 8th 11:59PM CST: Playoff Rankings Deadline, Draft Order Determined, Playoffs begin immediately

Thursday September 9th 6PM CST: 2016 Draft. We will only do the 1st round, auto-draft second round, only 22 picks so it'll be pretty concise.
Playoffs should be finished friday night or saturday sometime at the latest, I'll open the write-up thread by Saturday 9/11, and the Final Rankings Thread on Monday 9/13 most likely. So whole things should be wrapped up within 2 weeks.

Do you mean Sunday September 6th or Monday September 7th 11:59 PM CST?

fixed.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#4 » by spearsy23 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:01 am

I know we aren't actually doing a free agency, but will the 2016-2017 salary cap reflect the real world rise and be ~90 million? If so what will the hard cap and lux tax levels be?

I know this seems like I'm overthinking things but it's actually important for my game.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#5 » by damecurry » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:11 am

we'll assume real world salary cap after this so the cap would be 90m projected lux tax is 108m, can't find a projection for a hard cap number so let's just call it 128m since 20m is the difference we used in this game.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#6 » by MadNESS » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:27 am

Is there anyone else (other than Dame, Scott, Note, Myself and Simon) that wants to help approve trades that knows the CBA pretty good.???
LAKESHOW
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#7 » by spearsy23 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:35 am

MadNESS wrote:Is there anyone else (other than Dame, Scott, Note, Myself and Simon) that wants to help approve trades that knows the CBA pretty good.???

I'd do it.

It's my first time in the game but I feel like I can do simple math and know enough of the CBA to know that you illegally traded Dudley a day after signing him :P
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#8 » by MadNESS » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:41 am

spearsy23 wrote:
MadNESS wrote:Is there anyone else (other than Dame, Scott, Note, Myself and Simon) that wants to help approve trades that knows the CBA pretty good.???

I'd do it.

It's my first time in the game but I feel like I can do simple math and know enough of the CBA to know that you illegally traded Dudley a day after signing him :P

There are a few rules that we do not follow :wink:

Start with the bucks / lakers deal LMAO
LAKESHOW
ThunderFan123
Junior
And1: 13

Post#9 » by ThunderFan123 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 2:58 pm

How will the draft go? Will we be drafting FAs? Also, I know that the 15 man roster limit is there in real life but I think it will be hard to enforce without almost all the teams being punished. It seems we haven't enforced this rule in past GMATs, but you are Commisioner and this is your game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
spearsy23
RealGM

Re: 

Post#10 » by spearsy23 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 7:55 pm

ThunderFan123 wrote:How will the draft go? Will we be drafting FAs? Also, I know that the 15 man roster limit is there in real life but I think it will be hard to enforce without almost all the teams being punished. It seems we haven't enforced this rule in past GMATs, but you are Commisioner and this is your game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

If teams are being punished by the 15 man limit they forgot to take it into account before their roster moves. Not really a problem with the rules IMO.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games