Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

RR9
Starter
And1: 157

Re: Own a Team V2 - Discussion 

Post#721 » by RR9 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 am

LakeShowAK7 wrote:
RR9 wrote:
why sorry? i worked hard to get those picks and i landed KD. simple enough no?

Nobody is dealing 4 years worth of draft picks for a 24 year old stud, because the team who owns said 24 year old stud wouldn't do it. Ruins the integrity of the game, but it is fantasy after all. Sorry you cannot see that.

orangeparka wrote:
Here's a challenge. First person to offer three 1st round picks in every year (2014-2017) for KD gets him.

allweneedisloveandbeer@gmail.com

he put out an offer, so i took on the challenge to trade the right pieces and i got him what he wanted. if you're saying that this trade is unrealistic as opposed to "he wouldn't do it" because that's just wrong since i just quoted that he would do it, then that's a different statement.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,690

Post#722 » by MadNESS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:14 am

I felt and still feel that orangeparka is trying to throw this game

It looked like he was trying to dump the second best player and the best power forward in the league to ice

Now he dumps the second best player in the league for a handful of picks

I'm thinking this will be my last game for good if people want to try throw the games.
LAKESHOW
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#723 » by ak7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:16 am

Stop trying to flirt with words, I am speaking in realistic terms. This trade single-handily ruins the game.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#724 » by MadNESS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 am

^^
What he said
LAKESHOW
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#725 » by MadNESS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:20 am

Now that the games over I'm placing everyone on the block

Deron / Kobe / Gallo / Dirk / Jordan / Budinger / Bradley / Harris / cash

Hell ill even throw all my picks in a maybe get Dwight / CP3 / Melo / Love

Get at me boys

Cantmesswithness8@yahoo.com
LAKESHOW
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#726 » by Warriorfan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:09 am

My take game is kinda over in the battle for first place but we play on. Parka who is a very good player put out a challenge and someone who was doing really well had the assets to meet that challenge to put together a great team. Hope none of you quit or retire over this because I think it is kinda weaksauce.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#727 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:23 am

Honestly what's the big deal?

This is my 1st OaT but I ain't trippin' over the guy trading Durant to a Western Conference team that has LeBron for all of those draft picks.

They still have to "play together" (even though it's all opinion based in our heads) but hey, didn't the Heat lose in 2011 to the Mavs?

I personally still see some holes in that Vegas roster (though minor) but the fact remains there are holes nonetheless.

And I can't even lie, in real life a GM may be freakin' nuts to pass up on a trade like that for Durant and maybe nuts to trade Durant for those picks but man, those picks single handedly secured the future of the Bobcats imho.
orangeparka
Head Coach
And1: 187

Post#728 » by orangeparka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 am

Why didn't anyone complain when I put out the offer?

And most people I've talked to don't think it's a bad deal. This is 12 first round picks we're talking about here.

AK7, didn't you say that that was too much for KD and no one would do it? Why the change of attitude?

I can see why people would think it's bad, but it's honestly not. My thinking was that with the contracted rosters, I'd hold out for future picks until most of the top teams would die out, because most are just way too talented.

I would try to build around KD but I would never win a ship in his prime, so I wanted to blow it up and go full rebuild.

If people are really that much against it, then I understand the veto. I just think it's unfair for RR9 who spent all this time trying to get the picks necessary.
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#729 » by ak7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:37 am

I don't have a problem with the fact that LBJ/KD are on the same team, I think it's brilliant, just a problem with the integrity of the game if we are allowing things like this. We put a lot of time into trying to make this as realistic as possible, with updating rosters, keeping salaries in line, making sure our trades are realistic from value to money, etc, then let deals like this happen?

edit: All I'm saying is, this is going to set a dangerous precedence.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#730 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:46 am

So let me get this straight, you basically are saying you don't have enough faith or confidence in your team owner/ GM abilities to put together a team that may very well be able to beat LeBron and Durant?

I think the Jesters built the best team and made some mistakes that weakened them, had they stood pat that team would still be the fave, then a sleeper future win team is D Rose and that freakin' Kentucky squad + Drummond.

I also see several teams that can still compete.
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#731 » by ak7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:51 am

WillyJakkz wrote:So let me get this straight, you basically are saying you don't have enough faith or confidence in your team owner/ GM abilities to put together a team that may very well be able to beat LeBron and Durant?

I think the Jesters built the best team and made some mistakes that weakened them, had they stood pat that team would still be the fave, then a sleeper future win team is D Rose and that freakin' Kentucky squad + Drummond.

If you look at my roster you can see that I'm not worried about competing. I have built my share of super teams. You are missing the point. It's going to ruin the game as a whole. Meaning, people aren't going to sign up anymore. People play this for a realistic taste of being a GM. This also isn't the first deal that I (among many others) have felt this way about, but this one takes the cake, and is the only reason it's being singled out.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#732 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:58 am

Ok yeah I agree, I've seen and continue to see plenty of bullsh*t deals by guys on here, so much so to the point where I feel like it's one guy w/ different usernames/ emails etc but I don't let that lame sh*t stop me.

Also it could be said that you built the blueprint for a precedent being set cause no way in hell I woulda been the GM directly involved w/ trading you that Dirk and Kobe combo.

Just sayin' your team was and still is kinda stacked, too.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#733 » by MadNESS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:02 am

WillyJakkz wrote:So let me get this straight, you basically are saying you don't have enough faith or confidence in your team owner/ GM abilities to put together a team that may very well be able to beat LeBron and Durant?

What "moves" did I make that weakened me? I've made one move this offseason. Deng for Gallo / Bradley.
That "weakened" me THAT much?

I upgrade my back up point, but at this point in the game there aint ish out there, unless I "rebuild" which I have only done once in like 20 games. "Rebuilding" is stupid IMO, because "you play to win the game", ill stay coarse and finish this one out, trying my best to win our second title and give Kobe 7, Dirk 3 and Deron 2.

You better believe if that deal goes through ill find a way to still beat Las Vegas, beat them bad enough to change their team name to something else after basically copying ours.
LAKESHOW
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#734 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:12 am

:lol: That's the spirit, I like that!

The move imho that weakened you was moving Deng for Gallo, it's all about cohesion and chemistry to me and Deng is a guy who's used to playing solid D and "fitting in", a role Gallo isn't very good at to me, not to mention that guy couldn't stop a nose bleed.

That's just my opinion, one that I have the privilege to voice when WE vote during the Playoffs.

Don't wanna say too much and tip my hand but that Jokers team is flawed, Felton isn't good off ball but may be somewhat better playing off LeBron while I still see their interior D and offensive rebounding being suspect, but yeah he basically built a quasi Heat team but who gives a sh*t?

Kudos, nice moves but still can be beat.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#735 » by roc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 am

WillyJakkz wrote:a sleeper future win team is D Rose and that freakin' Kentucky squad + Drummond.

Now that I traded MKG I only have 1 Kentucky player as far as I know. :P
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#736 » by ak7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 am

WillyJakkz wrote::lol: That's the spirit, I like that!

The move imho that weakened you was moving Deng for Gallo, it's all about cohesion and chemistry to me and Deng is a guy who's used to playing solid D and "fitting in", a role Gallo isn't very good at to me, not to mention that guy couldn't stop a nose bleed.

That's just my opinion, one that I have the privilege to voice when WE vote during the Playoffs.

Don't wanna say too much and tip my hand but that Jokers team is flawed, Felton isn't good off ball but may be somewhat better playing off LeBron while I still see their interior D and offensive rebounding being suspect, but yeah he basically built a quasi Heat team but who gives a sh*t?

Felton/Afflalo/KD/LBJ/LMA/etc/etc > heat lol
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#737 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 am

r0cd0gg wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:a sleeper future win team is D Rose and that freakin' Kentucky squad + Drummond.

Oh man that is right :lol:

I mis-typed also, I meant Coach Cal team, that was my favorite looking young squad on here.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#738 » by roc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 am

WillyJakkz wrote:
r0cd0gg wrote:

Oh man that is right :lol:

I mis-typed also, I meant Coach Cal team, that was my favorite looking young squad on here.

was? :(

I was not planning on moving MKG but could not refuse that trade as I just got way too much back to say no.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#739 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:24 am

LakeShowAK7 wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote::lol: That's the spirit, I like that!

Felton/Afflalo/KD/LBJ/LMA/etc/etc > heat lol

Maybe, maybe not.

LBJ who knows if Jesters LBJ plays better with Durant and those guys vs D Wade and Co.
Durant > Wade but Wade makes his teammates better moreso than Durant
Aldridge < Bosh
I'll take the collective Heat players like Battier, Ray, Haslem, etc over Felton and Afflalo
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#740 » by WillyJakkz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:27 am

r0cd0gg wrote:was? :(

I was not planning on moving MKG but could not refuse that trade as I just got way too much back to say no.

Not sure how the rest of this plays out (unless guys quit) so I'll reserve judgment, but pre MKG trade, easily my fave.

Edit: Ok just looked at the specifics of that trade and yes, you got alot in return cause Cody could be a very great asset but with your bigs AND the Coach Cal connection (Triple C's lol) I can't agree with the decision to break that up. I always felt you were a SG away, like a SG that can really shoot like Kevin Martin and you were set.

Just thought about it, I really like that Bucks team, too as a young squad.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games