Own a Team V2 - Discussion

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Re: Own a Team V2 - Discussion 

Post#641 » by BlackIce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Tim Duncan (18/10, 2.8blks on 53% FG and elite D)
Marcus Thornton (big time scorer)

package OTB, can use my mini amnesty on either depending on the return.

allstar_1264@hotmail.com
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,675

Post#642 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:30 pm

What's the holdup with the draft?
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#643 » by roc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Since nobody is around I will keep it rolling. I have picked BPA for DAL and Florida is now on the clock.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#644 » by Warriorfan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:08 pm

thx Roc
Dan Verze
NBA TnT Forum: KOTB Champion
And1: 268

Post#645 » by Dan Verze » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Sixers GM back.

Our roster after draft:

Jennings/Knight
Turner
Mitchell/Thomas/White
C.Zeller/T.Young/Patterson
Monroe/Allen/Moultrie/Smith

I want to deal Patterson/Allen/White for capspace and future assets.

Every player on the block.

dan-verze@dan-verze.de
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#646 » by James Gatz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

CLE at:

Chris Paul/Isaiah Thomas
Crawford
Andrei Kirilenko/Alonzo Gee
Enes Kanter/Byron Mullens/
Dwight Howard/Frye

Would like to move Kanter and Thomas for win now pieces. Looking for shooters to round out my lineup. Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will not be moved.

email: captainculpepper@gmail.com
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,430

Post#647 » by WillyJakkz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Imo you had a win now piece in Paul Pierce, don't see how you could get much better short of a Wade or Kobe (if they are in fact better closers).

It's your team though and sure you have a plan or a hope and a wish, just not quite understanding that move unless you just want a younger win now piece.

Paul Pierce is the "Truth".
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#648 » by BlackIce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:44 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:Imo you had a win now piece in Paul Pierce, don't see how you could get much better short of a Wade or Kobe (if they are in fact better closers).

It's your team though and sure you have a plan or a hope and a wish, just not quite understanding that move unless you just want a younger win now piece.

The truth is Pierce doesn't have the same lift he used to, he can't separate like he used to. AK is arguably having a better season, he is MIN's best passer with Rubio out and he is rebounding like a big. Also highly efficient (14/8/3 on 60%). Kanter is gravy imo, Pierce is a big name no doubt, but I'll take the better value.
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#649 » by BlackIce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

*directed to the league
*just kidding, all in fun :D
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#650 » by James Gatz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm

BlackIce wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:Imo you had a win now piece in Paul Pierce, don't see how you could get much better short of a Wade or Kobe (if they are in fact better closers).

The truth is Pierce doesn't have the same lift he used to, he can't separate like he used to. AK is arguably having a better season, he is MIN's best passer with Rubio out and he is rebounding like a big. Also highly efficient (14/8/3 on 60%). Kanter is gravy imo, Pierce is a big name no doubt, but I'll take the better value.

Blackice pretty much covered it.
DerrickNoah
General Manager
And1: 1,722

Post#651 » by DerrickNoah » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm

^^^ It was a fair trade but Willy is right. Pierce is still puttin up 20+ per game & is super clutch in the 4th. Ice in his veins. Dude is the definition of a "win-now" player
BAF: Phoenix Suns
PG: Ayo Donaumu
SG: Franz Wagner / Ochai Agbaji
SF: Keegan Murray / Cam Whitmore
PF: Patrick Williams / Julian Phillips
C: O-Max Prosper
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#652 » by WillyJakkz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Yeah no doubt the trade was very fair and Kirilenko is ballin' but so is P2 and of course he isn't the same player because he's older but everyone gets older and he hasn't lost that much Imo as he was never a speedster etc, he is like the Tim Duncan of SF's, slow, methodical, uses his body well, and will kill you softly.

That's just me though, buckets are buckets and it's cool to have flair and what not but I'll take achievement over activity any day of the week and Paul is an achiever, most guys just look active but don't achieve squat.

And don't get it twisted he'll still go up and dunk on somebody, too.
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#653 » by BlackIce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:10 pm

DerrickNoah wrote:^^^ It was a fair trade but Willy is right. Pierce is still puttin up 20+ per game & is super clutch in the 4th. Ice in his veins. Dude is the definition of a "win-now" player

On 41% FG (decent TS% though) and worst D. AK is the 1st option on his team right now as well.
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#654 » by BlackIce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm

WillyJakkz wrote:Yeah no doubt the trade was very fair and Kirilenko is ballin' but so is P2 and of course he isn't the same player because he's older but everyone gets older and he hasn't lost that much Imo as he was never a speedster etc, he is like the Tim Duncan of SF's, slow, methodical, uses his body well, and will kill you softly.

That's just me though, buckets are buckets and it's cool to have flair and what not but I'll take achievement over activity any day of the week and Paul is an achiever, most guys just look active but don't achieve squat.

Buckets are buckets, but one is shooting 41% and the other 60%. Mo buckets, less shot. I agree with you though in that Pierce isn't an pure athlete and his top 2 footwork will keep him in the league for a while though, but Kanter was a top 5 pick and Thomas had a big season last year. If he turns Kanter into a solid 3 and D SG, moves Jamal to the bench and signs an MLE banger PF....

Not attacking, just saw this as a good chance to talk ball.
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#655 » by BlackIce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm

TIER 2 OPEN
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#656 » by Karmaloop » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm

PG: Russell Westbrook / Austin Rivers / (Rodrigue Beaubois)
SG: Louis Williams / Elliot Williams
SF: Michael Beasley / Victor Claver
PF: Blake Griffin / Andrea Bargnani / Terrance Jones
C: JaVale McGee / Jordan Hill

Westbrook/Griffin are virtually off the table, but if you've got a good enough offer I'll consider it. Like the fit of McGee next to Griffin both offensively and defensively, and fits with my general fit. Looking to move guys like Rivers, Williams, Beasley, and Bargnani for better players/fits.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#657 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

The Vancouver Spliffs are listening to offers for:

Eric Gordon
Danny Granger

tr_rak@hotmail.com
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#658 » by WillyJakkz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:46 am

BlackIce wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:Yeah no doubt the trade was very fair and Kirilenko is ballin' but so is P2 and of course he isn't the same player because he's older but everyone gets older and he hasn't lost that much Imo as he was never a speedster etc, he is like the Tim Duncan of SF's, slow, methodical, uses his body well, and will kill you softly.

Buckets are buckets, but one is shooting 41% and the other 60%. Mo buckets, less shot. I agree with you though in that Pierce isn't an pure athlete and his top 2 footwork will keep him in the league for a while though, but Kanter was a top 5 pick and Thomas had a big season last year. If he turns Kanter into a solid 3 and D SG, moves Jamal to the bench and signs an MLE banger PF....

Yeah I mean if he flips those guys into other pieces cool but I'm looking at it like this, CP3 can score and to an extent Dwight can to, when you need your team to get a bucket who you gonna rely on more, P2 or AK47?

I like Kirilenko, dude is a beast, he's not a scorer though and he's the centerpiece of a trade that is in turn asking for a win now piece whereas I think Pierce is THE best win now piece out there unless he manages to pry some other guys away from their teams (not gonna name drop cause I'm sure that's the plan).

Just on the outside lookin' in I can't truthfully name a better win now piece.

End of the day it's just my opinion.
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#659 » by BlackIce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 am

WillyJakkz wrote:
BlackIce wrote:

Yeah I mean if he flips those guys into other pieces cool but I'm looking at it like this, CP3 can score and to an extent Dwight can to, when you need your team to get a bucket who you gonna rely on more, P2 or AK47?

I like Kirilenko, dude is a beast, he's not a scorer though and he's the centerpiece of a trade that is in turn asking for a win now piece whereas I think Pierce is THE best win now piece out there unless he manages to pry some other guys away from their teams (not gonna name drop cause I'm sure that's the plan).

Just on the outside lookin' in I can't truthfully name a better win now piece.

End of the day it's just my opinion.

Yup, good points. I disagree but respectfully. We should have more convo like this on these discussion boards like OP suggested.

*gif time

WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#660 » by WillyJakkz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 am

SF Wilson Chandler
GF DeMar DeRozan

expirers:
F Shawn Marion
PF Kris Humphries

all on the block