Christmas GMAT: 2013 FA

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: Christmas GMAT: 2013 FA 

Post#121 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:57 am

RiotPunch wrote:We match any offer sheet Brandon Jennings has signed.

:lol:
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#122 » by HornetJail » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:57 am

brb offering the max.

lol
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#123 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:09 am

moss_is_1 wrote: :lol:

Whoops. :oops:

Been gone since Friday and saw all these new pages and panicked. Saw "Brandon Jennings - Made" on the first page and missed the key "QO" part.

I'm an idiot. Will step back in embarrassment until he actually signs an offer sheet. I clearly need some sleep, g'night folks.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RR9
Starter
And1: 157

Post#124 » by RR9 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:23 am

bness888 wrote:- Dwight Howard has agreed to a maximum contract with the Miami Heat.
- The deal will be in a sign and trade form with Los Angeles.
- Dwight wanted to help out Los Angeles in his departure.
- The new CBA states that the contract remains the same (for signing outright), but Miami wanted to work with Los Angeles in the deal.

Contract are as follows:

Year 1 - $20,513,178
Year 2 - $21,436,271 (923,093 increases)
Year 3 - $22,359,364
Year 4 - $23,282,457

Los Angeles will receive:
2014 Golden State lotto protected first
2016 Miami first (unprotected)
EDIT: plus a 20,513,178 dollar TPE.

Dwight loves the city of Miami and the chance to remain on a young, championship caliber team, with Russell Westbrook and Lebron James, along with Kenneth Faried. He loves the the state of Miami is a tax free state, and that he will get more touches on offense with this team. Dwight also loves the flexability with the Miami Heats payroll as well as the friendships he has with his new team. Miami is thrilled to have their new center.

Shout outs to Sambone, Karmaloop and Orange Parka, good working this out with everyone.

this game is bogus. i could've had cp3/afflalo/lbj/dwight >>> wb/lbj/dwight in the previous OAT game. whatever I'm quitting and I don't care if i can't play next round tired of these inconsistent decisions on FA. CP3/dwight chose CLE a crappy market in the previous game while this game dwight actually leaves a legit contender for another "contender to be". get outta here people. :upset: i understand the rules karm added, and apologies to karm personally, but i can't take this.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#125 » by HornetJail » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:39 am

Are you serious? If FA's chose to do the same damn thing every time then what would be the point? I thought it was just fine. Howard went to go win championships. I didn't like it (as I made offers to get both Paul and Howard, yet got neither and for all intents and purposes likely not an elite team next season), but it's fair. If Miami freed up enough space this summer and said "Hey Dwight come play with us!" do you think he'd turn it down to stay with the messed up Lakers?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,691

Post#126 » by MadNESS » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:46 am

To RR9-
This is Gm a team, not Own a team. There are 30 teams in this game, not 24. Which means the talent is more spread out. Also, why so you care right now? Your not a free agent player this time around, except for one of your own guys. The pas is the past homie. Let it go. Also, I'm a Lakers fan in RL. We suck. Our team is not meshing at all. Lol.
My 2 cents.

Edit: and no offense but a bad attitude doesn't help your cause. I've heard from multiple GM's that they don't like dealing with you for that reason. Just a friendly heads up for the future.
LAKESHOW
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#127 » by eliasrapp98 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:54 am

I wish I got one of Howard and Paul too. I cleared 40 million dollars to get them. My team has 4 non-rookies right now... sh*t.
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#128 » by lukekarts » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:01 pm

That's the gamble you take with free agency...
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
DerrickNoah
General Manager
And1: 1,722

Post#129 » by DerrickNoah » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:11 pm

lukekarts wrote:That's the gamble you take with free agency...

Yep. Been there, done that... I dont gamble on FA's anymore. Been burnt too many times. MIA got lucky that it actually worked out. I had max money last game & had nothing to show for it in tier 3. Ended up paying Ray Allen 8.5M per year. Congrats Ness! I hope you fail next time ;)
BAF: Phoenix Suns
PG: Ayo Donaumu
SG: Franz Wagner / Ochai Agbaji
SF: Keegan Murray / Cam Whitmore
PF: Patrick Williams / Julian Phillips
C: O-Max Prosper
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#130 » by MadNESS » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:14 pm

DerrickNoah wrote:

Yep. Been there, done that... I dont gamble on FA's anymore. Been burnt too many times. MIA got lucky that it actually worked out. I had max money last game & had nothing to show for it in tier 3. Ended up paying Ray Allen 8.5M per year. Congrats Ness! I hope you fail next time ;)

This is my 15th game and the first time I won anything of significance in FA.
LAKESHOW
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#131 » by MJallday59 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't understand
..why wouldn't Dwight want to play with Bismack!? SMH!!!!!

:-D :-D
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#132 » by MJallday59 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:53 pm

Part of the reason why I love this game. Unpredictable!
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#133 » by roc » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:01 pm

RR9 wrote:this game is bogus. i could've had cp3/afflalo/lbj/dwight >>> wb/lbj/dwight in the previous OAT game. whatever I'm quitting and I don't care if i can't play next round tired of these inconsistent decisions on FA. CP3/dwight chose CLE a crappy market in the previous game while this game dwight actually leaves a legit contender for another "contender to be". get outta here people. :upset: i understand the rules karm added, and apologies to karm personally, but i can't take this.

every game is different and FAs have dif choices to make as a result.

I tried for Dwight when I had Rose/Harden/Durant/Drummond AND my team had finished 1st that season to boot. I still failed in my attempt. Dwight and CP3 were both on the same team in that game as well just like when you went after em in OaT. When the top 2 FAs are already on the same team I think it makes it hard for the Agent to let one leave cuz then they both leave and the team that had them both and kept them both ends up in complete ruins.

When they are on dif teams it is a bit easier for an agent to choose the team that would be better as a a result of a FA being there. Even then it is usually a very hard decision to let a FA walk away from a team.

There is no formula to follow each game as each time FA hits there are dif situations to consider. Is what it is.

As an end note... Miami started out with a Title team in a great situation and could have made trades to end up with the exact same roster pre FA but with more depth than they now have. Are they even really better as a team now than when the game started?

Food for thought

/.02
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#134 » by bringbackhoffa » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:11 pm

If you are intending to make an offer to Josh Smith and want him to be your starting SF who would you send in your offer to, as his natural position is PF
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#135 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:21 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:If you are intending to make an offer to Josh Smith and want him to be your starting SF who would you send in your offer to, as his natural position is PF

Send it for his natural position I'd assume. That's where everyone else will send the offers so the agent will be able to see all the emails.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#136 » by eliasrapp98 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:27 pm

Where is the max? Can someone link me the post that says what the max is?
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#137 » by HornetJail » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:27 pm

eliasrapp98 wrote:Where is the max? Can someone link me the post that says what the max is?

first post of the thread
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#138 » by roc » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:27 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:If you are intending to make an offer to Josh Smith and want him to be your starting SF who would you send in your offer to, as his natural position is PF

Send it for his natural position I'd assume. That's where everyone else will send the offers so the agent will be able to see all the emails.

this
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#139 » by MadNESS » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:34 pm

r0cd0gg wrote:
RR9 wrote:this game is bogus. i could've had cp3/afflalo/lbj/dwight >>> wb/lbj/dwight in the previous OAT game. whatever I'm quitting and I don't care if i can't play next round tired of these inconsistent decisions on FA. CP3/dwight chose CLE a crappy market in the previous game while this game dwight actually leaves a legit contender for another "contender to be". get outta here people. :upset: i understand the rules karm added, and apologies to karm personally, but i can't take this.

every game is different and FAs have dif choices to make as a result.

I tried for Dwight when I had Rose/Harden/Durant/Drummond AND my team had finished 1st that season to boot. I still failed in my attempt. Dwight and CP3 were both on the same team in that game as well just like when you went after em in OaT. When the top 2 FAs are already on the same team I think it makes it hard for the Agent to let one leave cuz then they both leave and the team that had them both and kept them both ends up in complete ruins.

When they are on dif teams it is a bit easier for an agent to choose the team that would be better as a a result of a FA being there. Even then it is usually a very hard decision to let a FA walk away from a team.

There is no formula to follow each game as each time FA hits there are dif situations to consider. Is what it is.

As an end note... Miami started out with a Title team in a great situation and could have made trades to end up with the exact same roster pre FA but with more depth than they now have. Are they even really better as a team now than when the game started?

Food for thought

/.02

The part about making trades and having the same result is true, hypothetically. BUT not this go around.

- LAL would move Dwight, but really couldn't, because to get fair value, you have to overpay, which means add salary, which clearly he couldn't do - as a result two of my posted trades were denied.

- Wade's value (literally every GM) has fallen significantly from the past. I've even heard some guys say he should just retire. He's career is coming to a close, as a result of Miami's struggles this year. Ask BBH how his trade value is now.

- LAC would not move CP3 which would have made the entire "Getting Dwight in FA" a whole lot easier.

- I got great value for Bosh, but again, most guys don't veiw Bosh as a top 5 PF for some reason any more (I think he is still top 3 at worst).

- No one (maybe a handful of guys) trades Lebron. So you can't have him as an asset, because you dot move him. He's just a picture on your roster. That's all. This is my first time ever having Lebron in any fashion of these games, and I hate him. To get the proper value for him is impossible. So you just keep him. He's the best player in the league, no doubt.

You can say what you want, but the Miami Heat aren't all thy are cracked up to be in these games. About 1 year ago, yeah anyone could dominate a game with them. Now, honestly? I'm not so sure.

And I didn't even mention the part about:
18 million dollars of deadweight in Mike Miller
12 million dollars of deadweight in Joel Anthony
And
12 million dollars of deadweight in Udonis Haslem

So to say I could have made trades to end up with the same result but better, is an easy thing to say, but in hindsight isn't actually true. There are a few who have done it, but most couldn't.
LAKESHOW
DerrickNoah
General Manager
And1: 1,722

Post#140 » by DerrickNoah » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:34 pm

DerrickNoah wrote:Grizz have no cap space(about 76M after cap holds)

-We do get the tax payers MLE(3M)

-We also get the BAE(2,016,000)

- We extend QO's to RFA's Gerald Henderson & Jeff Teague(190% caphold)

FA list does not have a QO next to Hendo???
BAF: Phoenix Suns
PG: Ayo Donaumu
SG: Franz Wagner / Ochai Agbaji
SF: Keegan Murray / Cam Whitmore
PF: Patrick Williams / Julian Phillips
C: O-Max Prosper

Return to Trades and Transactions Games