"Post Draft" Gmat Schedule

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

"Post Draft" Gmat Schedule 

Post#1 » by damecurry » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Here's the plan for the rest of the game, I'm willing to make adjustments if necessary of course, but this is what I cam up with to keep things mostly on the weekend and encompass everything people wanted while not dragging this out too long.

Sunday, 7/13 by 11:59pm EST; 12-15 man roster limits will be enforced (violation will result in loss of a future first round pick)
Monday, 7/14 by 11:59pm EST; Trade Deadline. No trade will be allowed until after rankings are decided.
Wednesday 7/16 by 10:59pm EST; Rankings Due. ALSO if I receive 20 rankings before this point, yes 2/3s, I will determine ranking order asap and reopen trading ONLY for non-playoff teams. As teams exit the playoffs they will be allowed to trade immediately, rosters must remain unaffected while in the playoffs but I see no reason there should be a delay after an exit.
Wednesday 7/16 11:59pm EST; Playoffs Begin. Gives me an hour to get things compiled and posted. However all of this along with trading opening for non-playoff teams will be accelerated if we reach 20 submissions before then. Either way each round of playoffs will last only 12 hours.
Friday 7/18 at 6:00pm EST; 2015 Draft commences, hopefully everyone's home from work and ready to participate. First round will have 15 minute window, Second round will have five minute window, with list submissions available than auto-draft if neither lists nor selections occur.
Saturday 7/19 at 12:30 am EST: Finals of the playoffs conclude, trading is open for all teams and all salaries switch to 15-16 for the remainder of the game.
Saturday 7/19 at 11:59pm EST: 2015 FA Tier 1 opens. Free Agency will be slightly different, there will still be 4 tiers but players will be spread more evenly through all four, and there will not be a 2.5m or any limit on offers. Yes, min offers will be accepted in Tier 4 and that fact will be elaborated on. I will run this myself and believe I will have the time to accomplish this the way I envision to make things both more realistic ( vet ring min chasers and whatnot) and more satisfying for all parties. Bidding will still exist but be considerably less significant.
Tuesday 7/22 at 11:59pm EST: Tier 4 closes, most FA of any merit will be signed.
Wednesday 7/23 at 11:59pm EST: Write-ups will open though people are welcome to wait until trading's closed.
Friday 7/25 at 11:59pm EST (midnight); FA bidding and all tiers are closed, all rosters and salaries must be finalized and completely updated, Final Rankings will begin.
Sunday 7/27 at 11:59pm EST (midnight); Final Rankings are due. Not submitting rankings automatically disqualifies you not only from winning but from being amongst the rankings whatsoever (that is in the final compilation of ranking placement you will simply be omitted if I did not receive rankings from you.) This, of course, will be the conclusion of the game, winner will be announced shortly thereafter, and I am currently planning to start and run the next game as well, within a week of this one ending most likely.

This puts us right around two weeks left, about a month for the whole game (last one dragged to about 40 days if I'm not mistaken so shorter but not drastically so.)
I am fine with discussion in this thread, but I would prefer any specific suggetsions/complaints emailed to me first and if we decide public input is helpful will then discuss it here.
Thank you for your participation fellow gms, I'm sorry for not getting this information detailed and available before now, but here it is, please read over everything and be aware of your "duties" going forward, listed punishments will not be negotiable based on ignorance of timelines, this is plenty of time to make yourselves aware of what is upcoming and adjust accordingly.
damecurry
General Manager

Re: "Post Draft" Gmat Schedule 

Post#2 » by damecurry » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Decision reached.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#3 » by damecurry » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:57 am

First post has been updated with accelerated schedule designed to keep gms more engaged throughout, not force them to fade away during five days of inactivity through playoffs. This is largely finalized at this point.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#4 » by damecurry » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:11 am

A few problems have been pointed out and adjusted with the schedule.

Playoffs will not conclude on Friday at noon, just the conference finals, finals won't finish until about 12:30am est Saturday the 19th, my mistake.

Most importantly, 15-16 salaries will come into effect at the conclusion of playoffs. That gives us about 24 hours to switch over, make decisions on Options and prepare for the start of Tier 1.

FA Tier 1 starts at 11:59 pm EST Saturday the 19th, it said friday sorry for the confusion there.

If there are any questions or confusion please email me and I'll be glad to discuss it.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#5 » by damecurry » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:34 pm

2015 draft wi be backed up to Saturday the 19th at noon est

Return to Trades and Transactions Games