3 Degrees of Frustration - Discussion

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Re: 3 degrees of frustration - Discussion 

Post#101 » by damecurry » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Timmaytime wrote:weirdly enough that pick is exactly what I wanted from you Laimbeer

About to be you.
damecurry
General Manager

Re: 3 Degrees of frustration - Discussion 

Post#102 » by damecurry » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:30 pm

MadNESS wrote:
damecurry wrote:Oh God, this is tough. Do I make the obvious pick while I have the chance and get an awesome duo but one that I sort of question the fit of while using up my MVP card and a ton of FGAs? Or do I take a bit of a bunt on talent to save both of those things? Is that worth the risk? No biggie it's not like I only have 10 minutes to decide all this! Agh!

Take the obvious choice

There's an alternative strategy that, depending on who continues to slip, might have been the smart way to go, but it would've been risky. I'm happy getting CP3 and MJ, that's an insane 2-way duo, just sad I can't take any more MVPs now, lol.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,776

Post#103 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:33 pm

I didn't see another option there to be honest.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#104 » by damecurry » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:Didn't really want to tee dame up like that but both of my best options would have led in that direction. Good to get Jimmy G. Buckets in his peak season at a very reasonable 16.5 FGA.

Jimmy's had a really underrated season this year. The Bulls suck so that kind of clouds it but he's had career highs in like every metric and base stat, still playing awesome D and really cranked up his offensive production... again... despite having a poor supporting cast to help him, very impressive.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#105 » by damecurry » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:I didn't see another option there to be honest.

The alternative was Timmay's pick. CP3+Wade with my MVP card still on the table and a few more FGA to play around with than MJ gives me... idk if one of a few big-men are available to me in the 3rd and I can't take them cause of the mvp restriction I may regret not taking Wade here... but I love MJ and think he pairs better with CP3 so I'm happy in the end.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#106 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 pm

damecurry wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:Didn't really want to tee dame up like that but both of my best options would have led in that direction. Good to get Jimmy G. Buckets in his peak season at a very reasonable 16.5 FGA.

Jimmy's had a really underrated season this year. The Bulls suck so that kind of clouds it but he's had career highs in like every metric and base stat, still playing awesome D and really cranked up his offensive production... again... despite having a poor supporting cast to help him, very impressive.

He's really stepped forward as a playmaker in particular the last couple seasons. The 2014-15 version that we normally use doesn't capture that aspect of his development.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#107 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Ugh. A couple of upper crust players gone just like that. Waiting may have been a mistake on my part.
damecurry
General Manager

Post#108 » by damecurry » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:49 pm

So, just to be clear, Alonzo Mourning is still available right? As that was an invalid pick? Hate to name-drop like that but it seems necessary.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#109 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:50 pm

damecurry wrote:So, just to be clear, Alonzo Mourning is still available right? As that was an invalid pick? Hate to name-drop like that but it seems necessary.

He is available.
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#110 » by wackbone » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:50 pm

damecurry wrote:So, just to be clear, Alonzo Mourning is still available right? As that was an invalid pick? Hate to name-drop like that but it seems necessary.

I am pretty sure. He is one of the guys I am looking at here.

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|Beverley
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|Williams
C: Chet Holmgren|Kleber

Other: Boeheim, Roddy, Thompson, Saric, McDermott
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#111 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#112 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Dwight and Wade is a ridiculously good non-MVP pair.
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#113 » by Timmaytime » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:58 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Dwight and Wade is a ridiculously good non-MVP pair.

didn't consider it at first cause I thought Wade won in '06 for whatever asinine reason
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
wackbone
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#114 » by wackbone » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Needed to save some FGA. Big Ben was by far the best value available to me with the Cavs/Heat.

BAF Celtics
PG: Russell Westbrook|Beverley
SG: Desmond Bane|Mathurin
SF: Mikal Bridges|Mathurin
PF: John Collins|Williams
C: Chet Holmgren|Kleber

Other: Boeheim, Roddy, Thompson, Saric, McDermott
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#115 » by 8on » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:15 pm

3 degrees of frustration was a very appropriate name.

For future versions of this, the term "same franchise" needs to be defined in the rules. Obviously, I'm the first time victim of this very strange definition of the term, but just in case new people think the same thing I thought, future commissioners absolutely have to define it in the rules. I don't want anyone else to be in my position in the future. The second overall pick, for crying out loud............thank God I haven't thrown a chair. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#116 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:18 pm

dantley4prez wrote:3 degrees of frustration was a very appropriate name.

For future versions of this, the term "same franchise" needs to be defined in the rules. Obviously, I'm the first time victim of this very strange definition of the term, but just in case new people think the same thing I thought, future commissioners absolutely have to define it in the rules. I don't want anyone else to be in my position in the future. The second overall pick, for crying out loud............thank God I haven't thrown a chair. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The precedent for the previous franchise-linking drafts was using Basketball Reference.
8on
RealGM

Post#117 » by 8on » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:

The precedent for the previous franchise-linking drafts was using Basketball Reference.

Hoopla and I both went from Kevin Durant to Patrick's Ewing plenty of times. Nobody ever said I couldn't do that. This is a nightmarish situation that I don't want anyone else to have to endure. Surely you can understand the need for clarity.......right?
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#118 » by Laimbeer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:22 pm

dantley4prez wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

Hoopla and I both went from Kevin Durant to Patrick's Ewing plenty of times. Nobody ever said I couldn't do that. This is a nightmarish situation that I don't want anyone else to have to endure. Surely you can understand the need for clarity.......right?

That's because they're listed under the same franchise at BR.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/players.html

Zo and Paul are not.
8on
RealGM

Post#119 » by 8on » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
dantley4prez wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:The precedent for the previous franchise-linking drafts was using Basketball Reference.

That's because they're listed under the same franchise at BR.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/players.html

Zo and Paul are not.

I never used basketball-reference for this. I used my brain. You see the problem? Other people might do the same thing.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#120 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:25 pm

dantley4prez wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:

It might be confusing intuitively (I still don't understand why the NBA allowed the current Charlotte Hornets to take all the records from the previous iteration that had nothing to do with them), but again, the source we're using is fairly unambiguous on the matter.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games