Has anyone had issues signing up to ABPR?

Moderator: Doctor MJ

ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,221

Has anyone had issues signing up to ABPR? 

Post#1 » by ardee » Tue Oct 2, 2012 5:01 pm

It's not accepting any email address from me. I've tried my hotmail and gmail accounts and it keeps saying 'this e-mail address is not permitted for use'.

I only really want to sign up to ask the guy who's compiled box scores for Oscar's '61-'62 season if I could have a look at it.

http://www.apbr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4214

Does anyone have access to that? It'll solve my problem straight away then, thanks :)
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Re: Has anyone had issues signing up to ABPR? 

Post#2 » by Rondo2Hondo » Tue Oct 2, 2012 6:15 pm

ardee, I tried to PM you, but I don't know if you have enabled that.

Email Ray Lee at judco12000@yahoo.com

You may need to sign up with a non-gmail or non-hotmail account, they seem to reject those accounts. I signed up with my insidehoops.net email address, and then changed my email over once I signed up.
ardee
RealGM

Post#3 » by ardee » Wed Oct 3, 2012 6:27 am

Thank a lot. I emailed the gentleman you referred to, haven't gotten a reply yet but let's wait and see.

Yeah the PM system on RGM is a bit cooky :-? I never disabled it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were still unable to send it to me.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#4 » by Nivek » Wed Oct 3, 2012 12:33 pm

Ray's a good guy, but he's kinda busy with his day job sometimes. Give him a couple days. If he doesn't get back to you, PM me and I'll shoot an email to Kevin Pelton for you.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
ardee
RealGM

Post#5 » by ardee » Fri Oct 5, 2012 7:28 pm

Nivek wrote:Ray's a good guy, but he's kinda busy with his day job sometimes. Give him a couple days. If he doesn't get back to you, PM me and I'll shoot an email to Kevin Pelton for you.

Nivek, he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I also can't seem to PM you for whatever reason one can't PM a lot of people on RealGM :-? . Can you send the email and then PM me, so I can provide you with my email address? Thanks for this :D
DSMok1
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#6 » by DSMok1 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 4:42 pm

Did you get this taken care of, ardee?
Developer of Box Plus/Minus and VORP

@DSMok1 on Twitter (no longer active)
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#7 » by Rondo2Hondo » Wed Nov 7, 2012 5:28 pm

New forum now. The old one was hacked, you may want to try signing up again. Make sure you don't use a gmail address, for some reason they reject them. I signed up for an insidehoops.net email address, because I don't like using my personally hosted email or work email.
DSMok1
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#8 » by DSMok1 » Wed Nov 7, 2012 8:36 pm

Rondo2Hondo wrote:New forum now. The old one was hacked, you may want to try signing up again. Make sure you don't use a gmail address, for some reason they reject them. I signed up for an insidehoops.net email address, because I don't like using my personally hosted email or work email.

This user's issue was apparently since the hack, and I wanted to know if there was an issue with the new board.

I'm one of the admins at APBRmetrics forum.
Developer of Box Plus/Minus and VORP

@DSMok1 on Twitter (no longer active)
ardee
RealGM

Post#9 » by ardee » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:54 am

DSMok1 wrote:Did you get this taken care of, ardee?

Oh, I didn't know you guys had a new forum. I'll definitely sign up, but will the guy I'm trying to contact be on the new forum as well?

Or does anyone (like the couple of nice guys who mentioned it above) know him, so I could just have a look at the game log he assembled?
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#10 » by mysticbb » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:39 am

It seems that there is somewhat of a confusion here, because there is the ABPR board and there is the APBRmetrics board. Both have a abpr.org adress, but are two different boards. DSMok is one of the admins of the ABPRmetrics board, not of the APBR board.

You will not be able to contact the guy you want via apbrmetrics, you need to have access to the abpr board for this. I just signed up and received an email that I need to wait for an admin to activate the account. Is that what happened to you as well ardee or did you just try with hotmail or gmail?

Return to Statistical Analysis