Best site for accurate height and weight?

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Rod700
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Best site for accurate height and weight? 

Post#1 » by Rod700 » Fri Apr 5, 2013 12:07 pm

I notice a lot of varience between websites on players weight, and to a lesser degree, height as well. Which site is the most accurate for providing this information, especially for historical players like wilt? Also, does anyone know of a site that breaks out the average height and weight for the league by position by year? I found one site that shows average height for all players by year, but that is all I could find. Thanks!
Pointing Out What Is Wrong With Other People's Posts Is Easy, Helping Them Develop Their Ideas Takes Skill
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Best site for accurate height and weight? 

Post#2 » by E-Balla » Mon Apr 8, 2013 12:30 am

Draftexpress. They have all the pre-draft measurements.
Rod700
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Rod700 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm

^Thank you. That was very helpful, but it doesn't go back as far historically as I would like. Does anyone else know of another site as well? I just wonder if guys like Bill Russell (215) and Bill Walton (210) were really as light as basketballreference.com claims. If so, t seems like they would have trouble guarding modern bigs.
Pointing Out What Is Wrong With Other People's Posts Is Easy, Helping Them Develop Their Ideas Takes Skill
ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Post#4 » by ThaRegul8r » Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 am

Rod700 wrote:^Thank you. That was very helpful, but it doesn't go back as far historically as I would like. Does anyone else know of another site as well? I just wonder if guys like Bill Russell (215) and Bill Walton (210) were really as light as basketballreference.com claims. If so, t seems like they would have trouble guarding modern bigs.

They weren't, and there is no website for the heights and weights of historical players. If one wants to know, one has to research it for one's self.
I remember your posts from the RPOY project, you consistently brought it. Please continue to do so, sir. This board needs guys like you to counteract ... worthless posters

Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road. – Unknown
Rod700
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Rod700 » Fri Jun 7, 2013 2:59 pm

ThaRegul8r wrote:
If one wants to know, one has to research it for one's self.

There is nothing wrong with asking others if they have already done the research or found a website.
ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Post#6 » by ThaRegul8r » Fri Jun 7, 2013 4:42 pm

Rod700 wrote:
ThaRegul8r wrote:
If one wants to know, one has to research it for one's self.

There is nothing wrong with asking others if they have already done the research or found a website.

You took my quote out of context when that was the actual answer. "If one wants to know, one has to research it for one's self" because no such website exists. Which I said in the prior sentence you cut out. No one could have found something that doesn't exist. That's why everyone keeps using the inaccurate listings on basketball-reference in the first place despite being told they're inaccurate (which I and others have done on numerous occasions).
I remember your posts from the RPOY project, you consistently brought it. Please continue to do so, sir. This board needs guys like you to counteract ... worthless posters

Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road. – Unknown
comingbacktousa
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#7 » by comingbacktousa » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Draft express is good to see how players measured when they came into the league. Once they are in the league pretty much all numbers get fudged.

Return to Statistical Analysis