Site to check for charges taken?

Moderator: Doctor MJ

Witzig-Okashi
Rookie
And1: 379

Site to check for charges taken? 

Post#1 » by Witzig-Okashi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Is there a website that one can check for players who led the league in charges taken?

It's been a while since I've been searching for sites like these, and I'm not aware if such things exist. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!
"Everybody eats"
-Bradley Beal
"*Sigh* The things I do for love."
-Courage the Cowardly Dog
Brauer
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Re: Site to check for charges taken? 

Post#2 » by Brauer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm not sure tbh. I was wondering if there was a stat similar to :

"(charges taken-blocking fouls)/(charges taken+blocking foul)*100"

This would see how efficient a player is at taking charges. For example, 2 charges and 3 blocking fouls would imply a -20% efficiency.
Witzig-Okashi
Rookie
And1: 379

Post#3 » by Witzig-Okashi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Brauer wrote:I'm not sure tbh. I was wondering if there was a stat similar to :

This would see how efficient a player is at taking charges. For example, 2 charges and 3 blocking fouls would imply a -20% efficiency.

Interesting. Where exactly did you find this. I've been meaning to try and look at more advance statistics such as that. I wonder how that would compare to say two steals and 3 reach-in fouls, or 1 block and 2 goal-tending violations/body-contact fouls for a player

Considering that taking charges is arguably more effective than getting a steal, and almost always more efficient than a blocked shot, I thought there would be some metric to measure it, whether its simple or more advanced.
"Everybody eats"
-Bradley Beal
"*Sigh* The things I do for love."
-Courage the Cowardly Dog
Brauer
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#4 » by Brauer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:21 am

Witzig-Okashi wrote:
Brauer wrote:I'm not sure tbh. I was wondering if there was a stat similar to :

Interesting. Where exactly did you find this. I've been meaning to try and look at more advance statistics such as that. I wonder how that would compare to say two steals and 3 reach-in fouls, or 1 block and 2 goal-tending violations/body-contact fouls for a player

Considering that taking charges is arguably more effective than getting a steal, and almost always more efficient than a blocked shot, I thought there would be some metric to measure it, whether its simple or more advanced.

Was thinking the same thing about steals and blocks. It would be pretty beneficial to have all those statistics. Sadly, I didn't find it anywhere, be it for charges, steals or blocks. I just came up with it and hoped that someone kept track of that or something similar to it. Having all of these stats would provide great context next to those defensive stats, which are often overrated due to the fact that these additional facts are not considered. Actually, one could probably make a stat using all of this info

"[ (charges taken-blocking fouls)/(charges taken+blocking foul) + (steals - reach in fouls)/(steal + reach in fouls) + (blocks - goaltending + contact fouls)/(blocks + glaltending + contact fouls) ] /3 *100

This would see overall efficiency.

Also, I would like a similar thing for Offensive and Defensive rating, basically using percentage difference. This could serve as a way to analyze your contribution to the team in a particular side of the floor.

"(Personal Rating - Team Rating)/(Team Rating)*100"

Return to Statistical Analysis