Carmelo Anthony - clutch passer?

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,649

Carmelo Anthony - clutch passer? 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Hola. My first time on the stats board. I'm embroiled in a little dispute with a fellow Knicks' fan about Carmelo's propensity, or lack thereof, to pass the rock in clutch situations. I'm told that he does that "often." I tend to disagree. Any way to resolve this statistically?
Free Palestine
blabla
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Carmelo Anthony - clutch passer? 

Post#2 » by blabla » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 pm

82games.com has a "clutch" section for every player http://www.82games.com/1314/13NYK10.HTM
Seems like he's shooting alot, 34 FGA per 48, but at an awful FG% (30%). Durant shoots even more in the clutch (36FGA p 48) and hits more of his shots (35%) while LeBron shoots a little less (28FGA) and has a crazy high FG% at 52%.

They list this for every player and older seasons, so go crazy
nsmith521
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#3 » by nsmith521 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Hola. My first time on the stats board. I'm embroiled in a little dispute with a fellow Knicks' fan about Carmelo's propensity, or lack thereof, to pass the rock in clutch situations. I'm told that he does that "often." I tend to disagree. Any way to resolve this statistically?

Your friend sounds like one of those people who just repeats arguments he's heard about Carmelo not being a team player. Why would he pass in clutch situations? He's arguably the 2nd best scorer in the game
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:15 pm

nsmith521 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Hola. My first time on the stats board. I'm embroiled in a little dispute with a fellow Knicks' fan about Carmelo's propensity, or lack thereof, to pass the rock in clutch situations. I'm told that he does that "often." I tend to disagree. Any way to resolve this statistically?

Your friend sounds like one of those people who just repeats arguments he's heard about Carmelo not being a team player. Why would he pass in clutch situations? He's arguably the 2nd best scorer in the game

Actually, if you look at his shooting %s by quarter on basketball-reference.com, you'll see that it goes down every quarter. By the fourth quarter it's something like 35%. But he says that he passes in clutch situations "often." I don't think it's "often." I say it's "rarely."
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#5 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:16 pm

blabla wrote:82games.com has a "clutch" section for every player http://www.82games.com/1314/13NYK10.HTM
Seems like he's shooting alot, 34 FGA per 48, but at an awful FG% (30%). Durant shoots even more in the clutch (36FGA p 48) and hits more of his shots (35%) while LeBron shoots a little less (28FGA) and has a crazy high FG% at 52%.

Thanks for the link blabia, but those are the stats for Metta World Peace.
Free Palestine
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blabla wrote:82games.com has a "clutch" section for every player http://www.82games.com/1314/13NYK10.HTM

Thanks for the link blabia, but those are the stats for Metta World Peace.

http://www.82games.com/1314/13NYK11.HTM
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Statistical Analysis