yardbarker

Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop National Top 50 ranking

Moderator: jman3134

Post#1 Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop National
Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:55 am by HMFFL

Unlike the NBA and its salary cap limitations, crapshoot nature of the draft and guaranteed long-term albatross contracts, college basketball always provides a glimmer of hope right around the corner. Even for big dogs like Duke, whose unbeaten streak and No. 1 ranking was shaken last night in an upset loss at Florida State, the future almost always appears brighter than the present.

So when the Blue Devils lost on Wednesday in part because they shot 31 percent from the field and struggled to sustain a flow on offense, depressed Cameron Crazies could take solace in one fact: Austin Rivers is coming next year.

Nobody on the high school basketball landscape defines instant offense and efficient bucketry quite like Rivers, the 6-3 combo guard out of Winter Park, Fla., who sits in the No. 1 spot of the updated High School Hoop National Top 50 Ranking. Rivers kept his alpha status following the recent holiday tournament season, where he shined at the prestigious City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, Fla., against top-level national competition. Many other players in the Top 50 were able to test themselves against big-time comp at tournaments across the country that are as much talent showcases as they are proving grounds for the best of the best. Read More
Feel free to join my Facebook group to discuss all sports and betting related topics:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/681948775173750/
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 135

Post#2 Re: Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop Natio
Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 am by SUN

Good for Austin. I hope Austin and Seth Curry have very nice careers as I like both players. Austin's jumpshot is.. as bit, awkward.
KobeDwightPau wrote:I'll give chad ford the D
SUN
Assistant Coach
And1: 250

Post#3 Re: Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop Natio
Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 pm by JoeyMorgan619

SUN wrote:Good for Austin. I hope Austin and Seth Curry have very nice careers as I like both players. Austin's jumpshot is.. as bit, awkward.

His free throw shooting is even more awkward last time I saw it. He like bends his knees, comes up, holds for a second or two, then shoots. Very weird and unorthodox.
JoeyMorgan619
Pro Prospect
And1: 573

Post#4 Re: Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop Natio
Tue Feb 1, 2011 5:43 pm by lmaonade

but he beat rondo in a shoot-out a few years back :lol:
lmaonade
Senior
And1: 1

Post#5 Re: Austin Rivers tops High School Hoop Natio
Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:39 pm by SlobbaN

SlobbaN