Isaiah Austin

john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Isaiah Austin 

Post#1 » by john2jer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm

One of the top players in the 2012 class. Signed with Baylor, currently lives in Texas, but actually went to middle school in Minnesota, played for Tartan and Woodbury's traveling program. I totally remember him as a kid. I've been coaching for awhile, mostly traveling back then. He was a grade younger than the team I was coaching, but I remember seeing him swatting shots all over the place as a 7th grader, and he played with great emotion, kind of a KG clone. I remember talking to his dad who said he grew freakishly fast one summer, that they couldn't keep up with new clothes he was growing so fast and had stretch marks all over his back.

I knew his name sounded familiar when checking out the top 2012 players, just hadn't really kept up with him since back then. Pretty cool seeing some of these top players when they're younger. Cole Aldrich was another big one back in the day.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to High School Basketball