DeAndre Ayton

perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

DeAndre Ayton 

Post#1 » by perezident » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:23 pm

Everyone needs to familiarize themselves with this kid. He is from my home land The Bahamas and he's ripping up high school basketball in the US. He comes from a history of basketball greats from the Bahamas, namely Mychal "Sweet Bells Thompson, his son Klay Thompson, Rick Fox just to name a few.

DeAndre stands just shy of 7'0 and is only 16 years old. Last I heard, about seven (7) top college basketball programs have reached out to him. I hope he chooses Kentucky with coach Cal.

Another (college) player to look out for from the Bahamas is Buddy Hield from Oklahoma St. We grew up together in a small town on the island of Grand Bahama called Pine Dale Eight Mile Rock. I am so proud of these guys.
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
Trill
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: DeAndre Ayton 

Post#2 » by Trill » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:18 am

Ayton hoops right near me in So Cal, he's so fun to watch
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#3 » by SwiftyV » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 am

Saw him for the first time a few years ago as an 8th grader when he came out to play against high schoolers in an AAU camp. At that age you could see the potential.

No idea where he's going to go to college. I expect that recruitment to be a circus.
mavs77777
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by mavs77777 » Sun Apr 3, 2016 11:08 pm

Big time prospect, but energy is a bit inconsistent and his production isn't always amazing for a player with his tools. Rumor is he probably won't play any college ball.
LonZoBallin
Rookie
And1: 539

Post#5 » by LonZoBallin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm going out on a limb and say Ayton and Porter will play out similar to Oden and KD

Ayton will go #1 and Porter will go #2, Porter will go on to be a top 5 scorer in the NBA for years and years to come and in the new NBA a 7 footer like Ayton won't be as effective.

Don't get me wrong, Ayton is a monster, but I question his desire a little bit. Seems like he doesn't care at times on the court. With big guys you always have to wonder if they'd be actually playing Ball if they were smaller. I think maybe the fact Ayton looks like he's 50 similar to Oden is why I'm saying this, but the change in direction of where the NBA is going is why I think it as well.
mikestar
Junior
And1: 105

Post#6 » by mikestar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 pm

OT - I was at the Hoop Hall Classic in Springfield for the first three games today. Michael Porter Jr. & Wendell Carter are the real deal. Porter looks like he could play in the NBA today.

Return to High School Basketball