Jets 2011 NHL Draft

C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Jets 2011 NHL Draft 

Post#1 » by C Court » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

With the seventh pick overall, the Jets selected Mark Scheilele who was coached by Dale Hawerchuk in junior. Bit of a stretch, but the kid has made massive strides this year. If he continues to improve at this pace, he'll be a keeper.

A 6-2, 177-pound product of Kitchener, Scheifele scored 22 goals and added 53 assists in 66 games for the Colts last year and was a member of Team Canada at the 2011 World Under-18 Championship in Germany. He's got upside and Jets management was very impressed in their interview with him, so much so that they stiff-armed the NHL Central Scouting rankings that had him rated the 16th-best North American prospect.

NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
SCF99
Senior
And1: 19

Re: Jets 2011 NHL Draft 

Post#2 » by SCF99 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm

I havnt heard of any any comparisions to of what type of player he is, who would he compare to of players in the NHL as far as style?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Jets 2011 NHL Draft 

Post#3 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 6, 2011 12:42 am

SCF99 wrote:I havnt heard of any any comparisions to of what type of player he is, who would he compare to of players in the NHL as far as style?

Its hard to really compare him to anybody because of his limited body of work. But he's a playmaking center who protects the puck well and likes to drive to the net. He's also very good in the defensive zone and he's just a tireless worker on both ends.

Picking at 7 was a bit of reach, but if he continues to improve he'll be an absolute steal for you guys and I really don't see why he won't improve either. He's just a great kid with a solid head on his shoulders, he wants to get better and he wants to put in the work.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to Winnipeg Jets