Mark Scheifele

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Mark Scheifele 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:56 pm

This kids been amazing all preseason long, he's leading the league in preseason scoring. So does he make the team or does he get sent back to the minors?

Personally i think you guys should keep him. He's show that he can play at this level and you guys could use some extra help down the middle.

So does Scheifele make the team?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Re: Mark Scheifele 

Post#2 » by YogiStewart » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 pm

there is no reason for them to send him to the minors.

1. start him off with the big club. play him on a line with Kane.
2. re-assess him by game 9. you can still option him to the minors or the OHL w/o penalty

dude is such a good passer and scorer. yes, its pre-season, but he's looking like the steal of the draft and a potential star.
chazeemodo
Junior
And1: 52

Post#3 » by chazeemodo » Sat Oct 1, 2011 7:50 am

He definitely looks comfortable out there and has decent size...he's earned a 9 game run with the club provided they can get him signed to an entry level deal by Tuesday. They'll get that done...hope they sign him, tell him up front he'll get 9 games and then be sent down to work on his game. I was at the game Wednesday and he is very smart out there and finds spots to create...he's a gem. Lacking some speed maybe but he's looking to have a real bright future here. Great pick...I'll admit I responded with a big, "huh? who?" when they picked him.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by YogiStewart » Sat Oct 1, 2011 3:19 pm

chazeemodo wrote:He definitely looks comfortable out there and has decent size...he's earned a 9 game run with the club provided they can get him signed to an entry level deal by Tuesday. They'll get that done...hope they sign him, tell him up front he'll get 9 games and then be sent down to work on his game. I was at the game Wednesday and he is very smart out there and finds spots to create...he's a gem. Lacking some speed maybe but he's looking to have a real bright future here. Great pick...I'll admit I responded with a big, "huh? who?" when they picked him.

as of now, there is zero reason to send him down unless he starts to look lost.
dude provides the Jets with what they lack: scoring.

put him with Kane. you have the makings of a scary #1 line
chazeemodo
Junior
And1: 52

Post#5 » by chazeemodo » Sat Oct 1, 2011 4:52 pm

as of now, there is zero reason to send him down unless he starts to look lost.
dude provides the Jets with what they lack: scoring.

put him with Kane. you have the makings of a scary #1 line[/quote]

I agree...good but not scary line.... I bet a hamburger that he'll get the 9 game trial...they'll cite development, tons of ice time and delaying free agency negotiations by one year. They aren't going to make a ton of playoff noise this year so what's the rush. Having something this good in the bank gives greater hope for the near future, better draft standing etc. But yes he could stay/play/make the team based on what he's done...I just think they won't.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Nolan » Mon Oct 3, 2011 6:17 pm

Scheifele just signed a 3 year entry level deal, looks like he's going to be on the team for at least 9 games.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by YogiStewart » Wed Oct 5, 2011 2:21 am

chazeemodo wrote:
I agree...good but not scary line.... I bet a hamburger that he'll get the 9 game trial...they'll cite development, tons of ice time and delaying free agency negotiations by one year. They aren't going to make a ton of playoff noise this year so what's the rush. Having something this good in the bank gives greater hope for the near future, better draft standing etc. But yes he could stay/play/make the team based on what he's done...I just think they won't.

i've penciled the Jets in for battling for the 7-8 spot in the East. Lots of intangibles that could work in their favour. fast and young with 2 forwards that may develop leaps and bounds, 1 rookie forward that may be a player and 2 D-men who have something to prove. Plus they have a home crowd behind them.

Remember that the Thrashers had an awesome first third of the season last year.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 pm

And he just got sent back to the OHL. Shame he didn't get a better chance to showcase his skills.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#9 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 am

Oh well. It was a good learning experience for the kid, and at least he got to score his first NHL goal in front of his friends and family. Now it's time for him to apply everything he learned with the big club down in Barrie. Having less than 10 minutes of TOI would probably stall his development. He would have needed at least more than 15 minutes to justify his stay in Winnipeg. He'll probably log 20-25 minutes as a Colt
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Nolan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:02 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Oh well. It was a good learning experience for the kid, and at least he got to score his first NHL goal in front of his friends and family. Now it's time for him to apply everything he learned with the big club down in Barrie. Having less than 10 minutes of TOI would probably stall his development. He would have needed at least more than 15 minutes to justify his stay in Winnipeg. He'll probably log 20-25 minutes as a Colt

Very true but I feel like he got a raw deal. Its not like this team is playoff bound and i'm dissapointed that he didn't more chances on the top two lines. Noel could of easily moved Little to the wing and Antropov to the third line to give Scheifele a better chance to prove himself.

But going back to Barrie isn't going to be a bad thing for him.
SCF99
Senior
And1: 19

Post#11 » by SCF99 » Thu Mar 8, 2012 7:25 pm

It is safe to say i was expecting him to be tearing up the OHL a bit more than he is so he is probably falling into the disappointment range :-?
SCF99
Senior

Post#12 » by SCF99 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 pm

So here we are asking all the same questions again,,,,a year and a bit later except now we only get 5(4 now) to decide what it will be. After the one game he still looks a bit frail and knocked of the puck easily but i vote for giving him a chance. Was pretty disappointed with his play(the whole team actually) in the world juniors but maybe just playing beside Nugent-hopkins who seemed a step a head of every one else made him look bad.
SCF99
Senior

Post#13 » by SCF99 » Fri Aug 2, 2013 4:08 pm

Nolan wrote:This kids been amazing all preseason long, he's leading the league in preseason scoring. So does he make the team or does he get sent back to the minors?

Personally i think you guys should keep him. He's show that he can play at this level and you guys could use some extra help down the middle.

So does Scheifele make the team?

Although it was asked 2 years ago the question still stands. there is something missing in his game and i cant quite put my finger on it what it is. He seems like he maybe plays to soft or cant handle the heavy contact. To me he was major disapointment in the WJ last year hey was made out to be one of the leaders but but it seemed like he dropped the puck on it. Maybe i m just always wanting a fairy tale type of enterence by the rookies thinking ,hoping that they can come in and be a instant super star. (developing in the minors MEH). any thoughts.

Return to Winnipeg Jets