Winnipeg Jets Offseason Thread

industry_killer
Veteran
And1: 278

Winnipeg Jets Offseason Thread 

Post#1 » by industry_killer » Mon May 5, 2014 1:06 am

If there are any Jets fans here who want to discuss the NHL's best team and their ascendance to the Stanley Cup, here is the place.

Me personally I think the team needs a new goaltender or just go with Hutchinson from St. John's, and most importantly to stay healthy so Adam Pardy never plays another game on defence for this team again.

I also would like to see Kane play on the 1st line with a quality centre full time and get more time with quality players. I really like Frolik, but he is a 3rd line grinder and could play well with someone like O'Dell.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Re: Winnipeg Jets Offseason Thread 

Post#2 » by Blast Tyrant » Sun Jun 8, 2014 5:37 pm

Pavelec is hands down the worst starting Goalie in the league. I've been saying it from the first season. Everybody was so defensive about him. Now that the honeymoon is over, people have finally realized he is a truly terrible Goaltender. No rebound control, no positioning instincts. He's big. That's legitimately the only thing he has going for him. Hutchinson may already be better.

I moved away from Winnipeg during the last season, so my allegiance is gone. However, I do hope they can turn things around. The young guys have some potential, it's just a matter of time before they start producing some wins. An upgrade in goal is of paramount concern if they want to make a playoff push though. It's the most important position in sports, and you can't keep putting a pylon out there and hoping for good results.
SCF99
Senior
And1: 19

Re: Winnipeg Jets Offseason Thread 

Post#3 » by SCF99 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:34 pm

I agree with both of you in that Pavs should not continue as our starting goalie..Hutchinson might be able to be the number one but it would be a big risk to take putting every thing in the hands of a rookie goaltender.
A trade,, we need a blockbuster. Either Big Buff for a center who could play with kane or trade Kane himself, he just seems like he doesnt fit in the Peg, weather it be because its a small market or what it is,I just cant put my finger on it. Don't resign Jolie O unless it is at a bargin bin price, we need some one more dominant or some one that has a higher ceiling to be able to go to the next level. Although i know that we can't pull a player like that out of your ICEhole...I know it is asking to much but would it every be a bonus if one or two Icecap players would make the jump and actually contribute not just be fill in players to be sent up and down.

Return to Winnipeg Jets