Official John Wall Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Re: Official John Wall Appreciation Thread 

Post#61 » by closg00 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 am

hype_2004 wrote:
closg00 wrote:This is so-awesome, our young-core must be thrilled. Gilbert, probably not so-much.

Gilbert will be a Wizard for another 4 yrs until his expiring in his 5th(the year Wizards trade him) It will defintel be a rollercoaster for you dudes as these 2 plyers are too similar and ball dominant. I just don't see Arenas giving away and relinquishing control of the team to a rookie, Grunfeld will have a full plate on the off-seaon on what to do with Gilbert Arenas, not a very easy task.

..and not an easy task for our coach Flip Saunders who doesn't like to play rookies. Knowing how Flip operates, he'll try to get a core-group of vets established first (assuming that will be the case after FA), then try to work in the rooks, but very sparingly.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#62 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 am

the great wall of chinatown?! AWESOME
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#63 » by yungal07 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 am

I like "Wall Street"
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#64 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 am

Ji wrote:John Wall is a franchise player folks...i was drooling over this kid since he was in high school. He might of gone ahead of Blake last year if he had come out

There's no might to it. He would of been the number 1 pick last year. He is the best small guard prospect since Iverson! Get ready for a true franchise player Wizards fans.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#65 » by miller31time » Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 am

Ji wrote:John Wall is a franchise player folks...i was drooling over this kid since he was in high school. He might of gone ahead of Blake last year if he had come out

I don't think there's any question he would have gone ahead of Blake Griffin.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#66 » by Ji » Wed May 19, 2010 2:27 am

I feel like Lazarus...raised from the dead. The past 2 years have been brutal and last summer was as bad as an offseason as Ive ever seen.

God..I love this night
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#67 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Wed May 19, 2010 2:29 am

:hug:
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#68 » by RickRoll_inDC » Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 am

Hey, someone good with photoshop, get going on John Wall in a #11 Wizards jersey?
19-13 on game threads
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#69 » by Hoopalotta » Wed May 19, 2010 2:31 am

A Givony DX tweet:

Why do people think that Wall to Washington means the end of Arenas? They compliment each other extremely well. Wall will make Arenas better

:usa:

And vice-versa as well as far as 'making better'. Seems like Gil's shooting and 'the new offense' really ices the fit too.

No need to out-think ourselves here.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#70 » by hype_2004 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:32 am

closg00 wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
closg00 wrote:This is so-awesome, our young-core must be thrilled. Gilbert, probably not so-much.

Gilbert will be a Wizard for another 4 yrs until his expiring in his 5th(the year Wizards trade him) It will defintel be a rollercoaster for you dudes as these 2 plyers are too similar and ball dominant. I just don't see Arenas giving away and relinquishing control of the team to a rookie, Grunfeld will have a full plate on the off-seaon on what to do with Gilbert Arenas, not a very easy task.

..and not an easy task for our coach Flip Saunders who doesn't like to play rookies. Knowing how Flip operates, he'll try to get a core-group of vets established first (assuming that will be the case after FA), then try to work in the rooks, but very sparingly.

You can't do that to a sure fire prospect like John Wall, it will stunt his growth as a player. Wall is the type of athlete that you throw into the fire ala Lebron James, he'sll only learn and get better with more playing time and a major refined role within a team concept. Nothing short of 30 minutes is in order, in that case Flip has to be reliev of his coaching duties and Arenas needs to find a new home, not an easy task. I suggest this option for the Wizards, trade Arenas to Detroit for Gordon and Villanuva and hire a new coach that is well suited to developing young talented players.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by Hoopalotta » Wed May 19, 2010 2:33 am

yungal07 wrote:I like "Wall Street"

I like everything right now.

Put onions and peanut butter in my corn flakes, I won't object.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#72 » by hype_2004 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:35 am

Hoopalotta wrote:A Givony DX tweet:

Why do people think that Wall to Washington means the end of Arenas? They compliment each other extremely well. Wall will make Arenas better

:usa:

And vice-versa as well as far as 'making better'. Seems like Gil's shooting and 'the new offense' really ices the fit too.

No need to out-think ourselves here.

His assessment and assertion is off, Arenas cannot play off the ball. he will not be satisfied just being a spot up shooter to John Wall, he has too much of an ego and too big of a contract for that to happen.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#73 » by GhostsOfGil » Wed May 19, 2010 2:38 am

randy and gilbert played well together. i expect the same kind of chemistry. in fact i remember randy handling the ball quite a bit towards the end of gils season.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Hoopalotta » Wed May 19, 2010 2:40 am

closg00 wrote:Gilbert will be a Wizard for another 4 yrs until his expiring in his 5th(the year Wizards trade him) It will defintel be a rollercoaster for you dudes as these 2 plyers are too similar and ball dominant. I just don't see Arenas giving away and relinquishing control of the team to a rookie, Grunfeld will have a full plate on the off-seaon on what to do with Gilbert Arenas, not a very easy task.

Nah.

Starbury, as a 19 year old Rookie, clocked in at 35 minutes a game on a 40 win Wolves squad.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIN/1997.html

I don't know why anyone would be worried. I'd expect that Wall starts from day one after Livingston decides it's in his interests to go elsewhere (regardless of however we pitch him).
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Hoopalotta » Wed May 19, 2010 2:41 am

hype_2004 wrote:His assessment and assertion is off, Arenas cannot play off the ball. he will not be satisfied just being a spot up shooter to John Wall, he has too much of an ego and too big of a contract for that to happen.

Meh. You obviously aren't considering the 2005 squad with Larry Hughes.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#76 » by P'Oed » Wed May 19, 2010 2:57 am

spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#77 » by spaceman_E » Wed May 19, 2010 2:59 am

gesa2 wrote:A couple of Wall quotes from espn:
I feel like I can be a great defensive player when I put my mind to it for the whole game, not just half the game."

What the hell is defense?
You don't win friends with salad.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#78 » by pancakes3 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:03 am

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:

There's no might to it. He would of been the number 1 pick last year. He is the best small guard prospect since Iverson! Get ready for a true franchise player Wizards fans.

just to clarify, dude is 6'4.
Bullets -> Wizards
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#79 » by fredericklove » Wed May 19, 2010 4:32 am

Congratulation on your team getting Wall of America.
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#80 » by dangermouse » Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 am

Arenas and Wall will be fine. I'm pretty sure Arenas has been humbled after his experiences this year. I hope so, anyway.

As for on-court, at least Arenas' knees won't be in any danger if he isnt knifing through the defense on the drive as much.
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.

Return to Washington Wizards