And1: 127

My interview with John Wall 

Post#1 » by SherronShabazz » Tue Jun 1, 2010 1:40 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Re: My interview with John Wall 

Post#2 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Jun 1, 2010 1:49 pm

thanks for the link man, much appreciated. (great job too, that's a good list of questions)
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by SherronShabazz » Tue Jun 1, 2010 1:51 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:thanks for the link man, much appreciated. (great job too, that's a good list of questions)

thank you!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#4 » by montestewart » Tue Jun 1, 2010 2:23 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:thanks for the link man, much appreciated. (great job too, that's a good list of questions)

Yeah, good questions and you got some good answers. He comes away looking like a good teammate that wants to be his best. A little time with Arenas could really improve his shooting.
BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Post#5 » by BruceO » Tue Jun 1, 2010 7:41 pm

I liked the questions. I hope you get a chance for part two. I also hope you get a connect from john wall and get a chance to interview Demarcus cousins as well who is the biggest question mark of the draft and one of the best performing freshman this year. I don't think I've seen any one on ones with him or research done into his background by reporters to see if it's all smoke and mirrors. I like Demarcus cousins as well, can you tell?

The things that I was happy about in your interview with him is his awareness of his weaknesses and the focus on that individual thing to remove that weakness. He also is open about it. The biggest way to improve is by admitting a weakness. The ones who are likely to improve are the ones who speak about it knowing it will soon not be a weakness.

I also like how he is reaching out to these players who came with hype and have similar speed. Coincidentally they all have similar weakness of the jump shot. I like how he is finding out what accelerated their growth. He has the tools to implement whatever they did to make himself much better. Overall I enjoyed the interview because we also get it right from the reporters hands.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by SherronShabazz » Tue Jun 1, 2010 8:46 pm

BruceO wrote:I liked the questions. I hope you get a chance for part two. I also hope you get a connect from john wall and get a chance to interview Demarcus cousins as well who is the biggest question mark of the draft and one of the best performing freshman this year. I don't think I've seen any one on ones with him or research done into his background by reporters to see if it's all smoke and mirrors. I like Demarcus cousins as well, can you tell?

The things that I was happy about in your interview with him is his awareness of his weaknesses and the focus on that individual thing to remove that weakness. He also is open about it. The biggest way to improve is by admitting a weakness. The ones who are likely to improve are the ones who speak about it knowing it will soon not be a weakness.

I also like how he is reaching out to these players who came with hype and have similar speed. Coincidentally they all have similar weakness of the jump shot. I like how he is finding out what accelerated their growth. He has the tools to implement whatever they did to make himself much better. Overall I enjoyed the interview because we also get it right from the reporters hands.

thanks. this interview was conducted almost two weeks ago at the nba draft combine in chicago. i conducted interviews with several of the draft prospects and cousins was not one of them. he was there and i asked him one question, but it was only to save him from himself. he was not being very nice to the media, but they were not being nice to him either. it was a pretty pathetic sight. a lot of the media picked on him during the session and he didn't handle it very well.

i doubt if i will have access to john or demarcus again until the season starts.

john wall is a good kid. i liked him a lot.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#7 » by verbal8 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 11:14 am

BruceO wrote: The things that I was happy about in your interview with him is his awareness of his weaknesses and the focus on that individual thing to remove that weakness. He also is open about it. The biggest way to improve is by admitting a weakness. The ones who are likely to improve are the ones who speak about it knowing it will soon not be a weakness.

I think it was a good interview and you really couldn't ask for more from John Wall. From his answers he seems to be confident without being cocky, focused and a good teammate.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#8 » by hands11 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 12:39 pm

I was working my way down the interviews in draft x.

Wall interviewed well. Watching him I can't help but see a more mature Gil. Their stories have some similarities. He even looks like him a little with some of his mannerisms.

Turner - seems like a nice enough kid. Practiced answers. Just want to help a team. blah blah
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Evan-Turner-1115/

Favors - seems like a level headed nice kid.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Der ... vors-1335/

Cousin - oh God. The kid my end up people a player but he attitude/personality is lacking.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeM ... sins-1318/

Wesley had a nice interview. I think we will be hearing about this kid for a while.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Wes ... nson-1215/
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#9 » by dlts20 » Fri Jun 4, 2010 3:42 pm

very good interview, although I wished you wouldve touched on the Arenas thing some & Flip's system
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#10 » by Halcyon » Fri Jun 4, 2010 10:43 pm

Good stuff. Seems like a very focused kid, and mature beyond his years. He already seems like a pro from how he's handling the questions. What I really like is that he seems very humble because of his past and where he came from, at least from what I've read and seen in his other interviews.

Return to Washington Wizards