ImageImageImageImageImage

Trevor Booker

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

DMVleGeND
Sixth Man
And1: 194

Re: Trevor Booker 

Post#661 » by DMVleGeND » Wed Jan 9, 2013 10:57 pm

closg00 wrote:I saw a Devin? Booker playing last night for Clemson, I assume he is related.

Yup. They're brothers.
Formerly known as 7-day Dray
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#662 » by hands11 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:26 pm

dobrojim wrote:You may well turn out to be absolutely correct. I just wish I could
be more optimistic about Book staying healthy.

Did you watch him in the video link I posted ?
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#663 » by dobrojim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 pm

how would a video alter 3 years of history?

edit to add - the link I found which appeared to be relevant was not.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
hands11
Banned User

Post#664 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:00 pm

dobrojim wrote:how would a video alter 3 years of history?

edit to add - the link I found which appeared to be relevant was not.

Because he talks about what the injury was this time and how he was never injured before coming to the NBA. He also talked about if not for the trainers, he would have returned to soon again this time.

I think that is kind of relevant.

We will see. Maybe he has been on a bad run of getting injured and coming back to soon and now he is over it now. Maybe he will get injured again and he just injury prone now even though he wasn't before.

I'm willing to sit back and see if anything is different this time. He clearly was not ready last time he played. Hopefully he has that spring back in his legs this time and is a lot more effective.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... y-the-day/

“We have people injured, big pieces,” Booker said. “We’ll see now what we’re made of. I’m ready, back to my usual self. Sometimes you’ve got to be more patient. You could injure yourself even more, but I think I’m ready now. I’m ready to go.”
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#665 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 am

Good Lord Booker out with a sprained ankle, I hope he is on the trading-block.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#666 » by verbal8 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 am

closg00 wrote:Good Lord Booker out with a sprained ankle, I hope he is on the trading-block.

No big deal he has the wizards crack medical staff taking care of him.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#667 » by miller31time » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am

I like how Buck just nonchalantly mentioned it on the broadcast, like it was ho-hum, nothing to see here.

:lol:
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#668 » by Upper Decker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 am

There are few players in the NBA more injury prone than Booker. Is it safe to say he's just wasting a roster spot? James Singleton is a much better version of Booker and that cat is tough as nails.
hands11
Banned User

Post#669 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Looking forward to watching Booker return to Beast Mode Booker.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400278311

8 rebounds in 17 minutes is getting it done.

Faried only had 6 in 27 minutes.

Next up, Wall and others are going to start finding him for those monster dunks he does. Can't wait until he starts letting those lose again.

Booker is a really nice compliment piece to have in the wings. He is our Faried like player which is a nice option. Some team Ves can help at PF with his length, other Booker with his power.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YypHCF_HhEE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3pzWPtHxVk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyPSK62avhc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkF1yiZ4BI[/youtube]
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,285

Post#670 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 am

Another solid game from Booker. 4 points (2/2 shooting) and 7 boards in 20 minutes while playing excellent D on Blake Griffin and his referee friends. Booker was squaring up to Griffin and not backing down. He's got that little bit of nasty that this team needs. If he can just stay healthy, he can be a 15-20 mpg enforcer for us at backup PF.

I'm curious how his midrange shot looks this year. He hasn't really taken many since coming back from injury.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#671 » by nuposse04 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 am

If its anything like his FT shooting, probably not in prime form yet. The fact he actually sets solid screens will make for good stuff once he gets in rhythm.
hands11
Banned User

Post#672 » by hands11 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:25 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... m-On-Court

My jumper is looking a lot better. My confidence is high right now.”

“I was injured for half of the year and when I came back, I wasn’t in the best shape. So I really couldn’t play like myself,” Booker said. “This year, I feel a lot better. I’m in good shape right now, looking to get in great shape and play my game.”

Could this be the year for Ernie's kids.

The stars do seem to be aligning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... ng-season/

Booker can’t change what happened, but he used the frustration of a lost season to fuel his offseason workouts in Charlotte, where he focused on getting stronger and more durable for a critical season.

“Big-time opportunity knocking. Got to get healthy and stay healthy,” Booker said, adding that Okafor’s loss “was definitely tough for the team. He was a big part of our team. A double-double guy. But somebody got to step up – and I’m looking to step up this year.”

“The guys know, I’m always playing defense. That’s what I’m here to do — play defense and bring energy,” Booker said. “Nene is probably going to have to move to [center] and I think my teammates trust me on defense.”
--

Nene to center with Kevin backing him up.

Its Ves vs Booker for starting PF as I see it with AH backing one of the up. Loser moves to the end of the pack behind AH. Going to be a competitive camp.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#673 » by nuposse04 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 am

I'd like to see Booker in a reserve role, he's more potent offensively then Vesely and a tenacious rebounder, which would really compliment Seraphin well. I'll be interested to see how his Jumper is looking. Wasn't as good as I hoped for last season but he was battling unfortunate injuries. In reality we just need 2 good months from him I figure until Mek probably returns. I also think he will benefit this year from having a pass first PG in Maynor this season. Booker is probably one of the less polarizing players we have because you kinda know what you're getting out of him, and when he's healthy, it isn't bad stuff. I still find it comical that he was healthy all throughout his Clemson career yet he's good for like 20+games missed a season with us :/
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#674 » by jivelikenice » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:01 am

I'm willing to be slightly optimistic about young/raw players like Seraphin, but I have no faith in Booker. He's undersized, is terrible defensively, is a bad fit spacing wise on offense, and can't shoot. He can say his shot has improved but the issue is the long motion.....I hope Pops beats him out.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#675 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 am

He's yet another of Ernie's kids who blames last season on being out of shape because of an injury - and says this season he's in much better shape. Do players think it's okay to let themselves go soft when they get injured? Granted, certain exercises they can't do, but there's almost always workouts they can do.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#676 » by verbal8 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

jivelikenice wrote:I'm willing to be slightly optimistic about young/raw players like Seraphin, but I have no faith in Booker. He's undersized, is terrible defensively, is a bad fit spacing wise on offense, and can't shoot. He can say his shot has improved but the issue is the long motion.....I hope Pops beats him out.

With Booker the "ceiling" is limited, however he is generally a productive player when healthy. With Okafor out the Wizards really need him to be healthy to have a chance at being a decent team.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#677 » by jivelikenice » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm

He was productive in season 2 before the injuries. But he wasn't producitve at all last season. He should be a deep reserve on a good team, who comes in for the occasional shot of energy. His left hand dominance, lack of range, and long shooting motion just make him a spacing nightmare on offense. At least Jan keeps moving and runs away from the basket as quickly as possible!
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#678 » by Nivek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pm

jivelikenice wrote:He was productive in season 2 before the injuries. But he wasn't producitve at all last season. He should be a deep reserve on a good team, who comes in for the occasional shot of energy. His left hand dominance, lack of range, and long shooting motion just make him a spacing nightmare on offense. At least Jan keeps moving and runs away from the basket as quickly as possible!

Last season was Booker's worst as a pro, and it was still MILES better than what Vesely did last year. Not even close. A healthy Booker is a solid NBA player. Vesely could one day be as good as Booker -- if he gets better at basically everything.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#679 » by jivelikenice » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Ruzious wrote:He's yet another of Ernie's kids who blames last season on being out of shape because of an injury - and says this season he's in much better shape. Do players think it's okay to let themselves go soft when they get injured? Granted, certain exercises they can't do, but there's almost always workouts they can do.

I'm a little sympathetic about injuries. Obviously its on a different scale as a professional athlete but I had/have plantar fasciitis/bone spurs and it really does limit the amount of effective activity and level of frequency you can workout. You need discipline not to balloon up, but its tough staying in optimal condition depending on the injury.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#680 » by jivelikenice » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Nivek wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:He was productive in season 2 before the injuries. But he wasn't producitve at all last season. He should be a deep reserve on a good team, who comes in for the occasional shot of energy. His left hand dominance, lack of range, and long shooting motion just make him a spacing nightmare on offense. At least Jan keeps moving and runs away from the basket as quickly as possible!

Last season was Booker's worst as a pro, and it was still MILES better than what Vesely did last year. Not even close. A healthy Booker is a solid NBA player. Vesely could one day be as good as Booker -- if he gets better at basically everything.

Nobody is arguing about that. But if we're talking about reserves I'll take a shot on the 7 foot, 23 year old who can run & seems to have some bball IQ (not strength) versus the injury prone, undersized pf who also lacks a lot in terms of court awareness and offers no versatility.

Return to Washington Wizards