ImageImageImageImageImage

LeTravel, LaQween, LaDouche - La Going to LA

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Re: LeTravel, LaQween, LaDouche - La Going Home to Cleveland 

Post#1101 » by mhd » Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm

GSW do have 4 guys to throw on Lebron in Klay, Iggy, Barnes, and Green. I think the difference will be Home Court, and that Steph can just go bonkers from 3.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1102 » by LyricalRico » Mon May 25, 2015 3:25 pm

mhd wrote:GSW do have 4 guys to throw on Lebron in Klay, Iggy, Barnes, and Green. I think the difference will be Home Court, and that Steph can just go bonkers from 3.

No problem, Dellevadova will just take them out and it'll be a title for Cleveland.

:nonono:
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Re: LeTravel, LaQween, LaDouche - La Going Home to Cleveland 

Post#1103 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 25, 2015 4:14 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Induveca wrote:He's getting the cup. Atlanta and GS are the same team. Guy is a monster.

GS has the MVP who will go off with Delavadova guarding him as Kyrie plays on one leg.

The Warriors also have more guys to throw at LeBron.

I think it'll go 6. Kyrie's health will cost them.

After sleeping on it, I think Thompson and Dellavedova are two all effort players. Thompson's extremely long and athletic. He has a terrific motor. Dellavedova is a very limited athlete but he's unafraid. He's going to tangle with bigs, smalls, and not think about hurt or harm. He's tricky and he has some skills. He's very confident in his shot. He loves contact. Will set screens. Will box out. Dellavedova and Thompson are helping Cleveland.

Irving and Love are highly - skilled but not physically intimidating. They shoot lights out. Love's also a great rebounder and passer. Kyrie is an explosive scorer. The fact that Cleveland is about to sweep Atlanta without those two means the Cavaliers are a great team.

I don't want to see Dellavedova injure Steph Curry, but I hated on Dellavadova wrongly yesterday.
RealGM

Post#1104 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Brenice wrote:Don't get fooled by GSW. They got Curry, and talent around him and depth, but they don't have Lebron. LeBron has talent and depth around him and people to throw at Curry (Shumpert, LeBron, Deladova), just let J.R. play Klay straight up. And if Kyrie is healthy in June...

I see it this way, too.
RealGM

Post#1105 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon May 25, 2015 4:26 pm

hands11 wrote:
tontoz wrote:
Induveca wrote:He's getting the cup. Atlanta and GS are the same team. Guy is a monster.

You obviously haven't watched GS. They won 67 games in the west. They are a light year better than Atlanta and will easily punk the Cavs.

Yeah. No way are they the same team.

For one, GSW has Bogut and Festus Ezeli.
And D Green who plays pretty much everything from passing SF to S5
And they have Iggy. That's right. No one hardly even talks about that but Iggy is their PP vet leader.

And at this point, Curry is just toying with whoever is on the other side of the court. He is playing like Nash with a sicker 3 ball.

The magic of GSW is they can play multiple styles from big to Green at center.

ATL is a good team but they weren't better then the Wizards. They should have been bumped in the 2nd round.

This series should be WAS vs CLE. Wall vs Kyrie. PP and LeBron.. two HOFers. Gortat vs Mozgov. Beal vs JR Smith.

And WAS vs CLE has history. It would be a better series.

Hands, on the General Board ECF Thread yesterday you were right about Horford. I was wrong about Dellavadova.

I think Atlanta was fortunate that Wall's injury happened when it did. I call the better because their bigs did a number on ours. Of course, our coach loved Nene and he did not even attempt to utilize potential assets in Humphries, Butler, Blair, and even Bynum. There were innumerable combinations Wittman didn't even try. However, on principle, I think Atlanta won it in 6 games. My definition is they were better. Forget illegal screens not called. Forget Teague making questionable moves. Forget Pierce's shots some how not getting the win, even after he called series. Washington could have beaten Atlanta in 5 but I will say the better team won. Even though I think you are likely right again, hands.

I will watch closely when GSW meets CLE. I hope the games flow and no cheap plays or bad officiating impact the Finals. I think it will go 7 games. Cleveland is significantly better than I thought.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#1106 » by Induveca » Mon May 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Brenice wrote:Don't get fooled by GSW. They got Curry, and talent around him and depth, but they don't have Lebron. LeBron has talent and depth around him and people to throw at Curry (Shumpert, LeBron, Deladova), just let J.R. play Klay straight up. And if Kyrie is healthy in June...

I see it this way, too.

Same here..
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#1107 » by Brenice » Mon May 25, 2015 4:48 pm

I think this team is a great fit for LeBron and like it better without Kyrie and Love. He has better role players than he ever has.

LeBron, like Jordan, doesn't need a superstar scorer on his team like Kyrie or Wade, they are luxuries when you have a LeBron or Jordan. That's why I rank LeBron over a Magic. Magic could score but he's not the athletic, explosive scorer like these 2. Magic would need a scorer more than a LeBron or Jordan. LeBron and Jordan need shooters. Pippen was not a great scorer. He had a different role.

With Kyrie and Love being injured, Cleveland has stumbled on an ideal rotation around LeBron, defense, offensive rebounders, length, and shooters. Sounds a lot like Jordan's Bulls.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1108 » by tontoz » Mon May 25, 2015 5:27 pm

You guys are giving Lebron way too much credit. He has shot badly in the playoffs, 42.4% from the field, 16% from 3. His playoff TS of 49% is the worst of his career by far. He has gotten away with it because he has faced weak teams.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1109 » by tontoz » Mon May 25, 2015 5:36 pm

The only problem with playing that vintage early-2000’s inefficient, iso-heavy basketball style is that it’s all good and fun until you realize you’re holding a knife in a gun fight.

And that’s exactly what the Cavs will learn as soon as they get knee deep in their series against the Golden State Warriors. Only, they’ll have a swiss army knife, because LeBron James is really, really good. Still no gun, though.

Think of what the Miami Heat went through in last year’s Finals against the San Antonio Spurs. Yep.

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2015/05/2 ... est-coast/
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1110 » by Ruzious » Mon May 25, 2015 7:34 pm

tontoz wrote:You guys are giving Lebron way too much credit. He has shot badly in the playoffs, 42.4% from the field, 16% from 3. His playoff TS of 49% is the worst of his career by far. He has gotten away with it because he has faced weak teams.

Yeah, he's been terrible from 3 point range. I assume GS is going to put Green on him - so he's going to have someone his own size guarding him - and Green loves to play defense more than anyone I've seen in a long time. Heck, Leonard outplayed Lebron last season. Cleve really doesn't have any more consistent weapons if Irving is playing at half speed.

Cleveland's depending on guys like JR Smith and Dela... in the NBA finals. That's fine against a totally beaten up Atlanta team. It ain't gonna work against GS.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1111 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 5, 2017 6:22 am

LeBJ is a big fat pig. Discuss.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,357

Post#1112 » by doclinkin » Sun Feb 5, 2017 9:07 pm

Still drives me insane how he can be both the best player in the league and the biggest whiner. He gets every call. Has been blessed by the gods. Gets to dictate terms to his GM. Gets to cherry pick his own coach as well as the roster. His frickin entourage has more power than most coaches. But if you call him on his tantrums he gets all sulky and goes personal. Barkley was right. Its a paradox that the best player in the league can also be a fake and a puss and a pansy and a pantywaist. The worst.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1113 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 5, 2017 9:32 pm

doclinkin wrote:Still drives me insane how he can be both the best player in the league and the biggest whiner. He gets every call. Has been blessed by the gods. Gets to dictate terms to his GM. Gets to cherry pick his own coach as well as the roster. His frickin entourage has more power than most coaches. But if you call him on his tantrums he gets all sulky and goes personal. Barkley was right. Its a paradox that the best player in the league can also be a fake and a puss and a pansy and a pantywaist. The worst.

I used to say that LeBJ plays like a bull in a china shop, knowing the refs will keep calling the foul on the china shop. "That Phoenix bone china cup and saucer with intricate floral sprays and delicate lace borders is hurting me Danny!"
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1114 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Feb 6, 2017 1:33 pm

Now that they have a championship and we have the Evil Orange One, it's much harder to troll Cleveland than it used to be... but, here it goes:

For such a supposedly authentic working class city, Cleveland is full of fakes.

'The Gateway' area around the stadiums? - fake, no historical referent at all.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Please. In Cleveland? Memphis, Chicago, Detroit, Austin, The Big Easy, sure. But Cleveland? What music other than Perry Como actually can call Cleveland its heart and soul?

Instead of scalpels, Cleveland has the 'scalp free zone.' Buskers are tightly watched and regulated by the police.

Heck, even their Italian food is an overly sauces, ridiculously heavy approximation of the real thing.

And the biggest faker of the all? LeWhine. Oh, I'm gonna pantomime a cut lip when the defender didn't even touch me. All pose, all the time.
In Rizzo we trust
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1115 » by montestewart » Mon Feb 6, 2017 3:11 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Now that they have a championship and we have the Evil Orange One, it's much harder to troll Cleveland than it used to be... but, here it goes:

For such a supposedly authentic working class city, Cleveland is full of fakes.

'The Gateway' area around the stadiums? - fake, no historical referent at all.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Please. In Cleveland? Memphis, Chicago, Detroit, Austin, The Big Easy, sure. But Cleveland? What music other than Perry Como actually can call Cleveland its heart and soul?

Instead of scalpels, Cleveland has the 'scalp free zone.' Buskers are tightly watched and regulated by the police.

Heck, even their Italian food is an overly sauces, ridiculously heavy approximation of the real thing.

And the biggest faker of the all? LeWhine. Oh, I'm gonna pantomime a cut lip when the defender didn't even touch me. All pose, all the time.

The Cleveland Clinic: Where Venereal Disease is Always Free
Cleveland State: Where Mental Illness is Always Free
Case Western Reserve: The Best Beer This Side of Wiedemann's
Cleveland's Metropark System: The Best Metroparks This Side of Metropark, NJ
The Cleveland Plain Dealer: Sells Drugs and Information
Mercy Health: You'll be Begging For It, Mercy
The Burning River Foundation: No, It's Not an Arts Festival
The Cleveland Museum of Art: The Louvre Without Indoor Plumbing of the Midwest
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Wish They Died Before They Got Old
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1116 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1117 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:04 pm

montestewart wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Still drives me insane how he can be both the best player in the league and the biggest whiner. He gets every call. Has been blessed by the gods. Gets to dictate terms to his GM. Gets to cherry pick his own coach as well as the roster. His frickin entourage has more power than most coaches. But if you call him on his tantrums he gets all sulky and goes personal. Barkley was right. Its a paradox that the best player in the league can also be a fake and a puss and a pansy and a pantywaist. The worst.

I used to say that LeBJ plays like a bull in a china shop, knowing the refs will keep calling the foul on the china shop. "That Phoenix bone china cup and saucer with intricate floral sprays and delicate lace borders is hurting me Danny!"

Thing is - It was Lebron that came up with most intricate china cup designs, and he inspired the best from the sweatshop employees that did all the hard work. Nobody else in the history of the game has earned the right more to be an arse - and he is happy to exercise that right. And he remembers everything. He's like Dustin Hoffman's Rainman character also being the best athlete.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#1118 » by closg00 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:41 pm

The good but bad news for us is that with the Cav's being gutted, its going to be easier for us to make the playoffs.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1119 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:55 pm

closg00 wrote:The good but bad news for us is that with the Cav's being gutted, its going to be easier for us to make the playoffs.

Not sure that LBJ opting out means he’s 100% out the door, though. He’s basically retaining control over his situation, and forcing Cleveland to keep trying to improve.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1120 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 pm

montestewart wrote:LeBJ is a big fat pig. Discuss.

I think he literally ate Otto Porter in one game this year.
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards