Skins 1-0
Cowboys 0-1
Bye bye Beal.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: OT-Skins Win! 

Post#2 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 am

I don't understand how my heart is still beating. That **** took of 10 years from my life minimum.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#3 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:57 am

I was positive it was coming down to the last play when Dallas got the ball at 1:30. Just knew they'd get to the end zone.

The penalty was the only shocker.

That loss probably gets Wade Phillips fired if Dallas doesn't win their next couple games.
Bye bye Beal.
KiNgSbOi
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by KiNgSbOi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:02 am

What a very entertaining game! man...I tell ya, that Redskin defense really impressed me tonight. Holding a Cowboy offense to only 7 points, yes I know they struggle with their line, but still. Good thing towards the end that was called a holding call because the defense collapsed. Overall, McNabb had a decent debut I would say, didn't try to do too much. Played within what Coach Shanahan wanted to do and that was run the football. I'm happy for you Redskins fans, good to see them pull out a victory.
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#5 » by wermolwermol777 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 am

what an insane game. I'll take the win even if it had ended 3-0, but I think the game showed some areas where we really need to improve on. I hope we'll gel more and more with each game and manage to fix some of those.

But there were a few pretty bright spots too - when was our last defensive TD before this?
Gano nailing the 49 yarder to push the lead to 6, I really doubt say Suisham would have been able to kick anything through the uprights with the game on the line.

Or how about Landry 17 tackles of which 13 solo. And at least from what I saw he was fine with wrapping up the defender and getting the tackle rather than trying to kill the opponents each time.

And I think at least through 1 game our 4th pick has been worth it :)

HTTR!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#6 » by closg00 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 am

:clap:
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#7 » by verbal8 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 am

The Redskins defense did look good. However I think overall neither team looked particularly impressive.

The offense seems to be a work in progress. The passing game really needs to include more options than Cooley and Moss. Part of it is guys need to catch the ball(Portis and Sellers dropped easy passes) and the other part is McNabb getting a little more comfortable.

Special teams was very uneven. Devin Thomas had some good kick-off returns and Gano's kick was nice. However the kick-offs were all shallow(although covered well) and the botched field goal play was horrible. The running game was slow to get started, but was somewhat effective late the game.

Despite not being overly impressed with the Redskins in is great to start the season with a win. Especially against Dallas :)
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#8 » by no D in Hibachi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:11 pm

verbal8 wrote:The Redskins defense did look good. However I think overall neither team looked particularly impressive.

Sums up how I feel as well. Usually I'm going nuts everytime the Skins beat the Cowboys but this seems like a really shallow win because they were just not impressive. The Cowboys moved the ball on the Skins at will. Romo passed for a ton of yards. All three Cowboy RB's looked like they had more burst and better playmaking ability than CP. The WR's once again are no where to be seen. Armstrong dropped key passes in the fourth and one catchable fade in the end zone, as did Sellers. The Skins zone blocking scheme left me embarrassed. Alas win is a win is a win.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#9 » by pancakes3 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:39 pm

the title should be so much "Skins Win" but rather "Dallas Loses".

ok, /ji.

WE WON!
Bullets -> Wizards
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#10 » by tkunit » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:29 pm

that was a crazy game. a couple of notes mostly negative haha

I never want to see that receiver we threw twice at for the touchdown ever again.

Carlos rogers has the worst hands I have ever seen.

And please no more of that 1 D-lineman thingy they kept doing.

It was great to see Cooley back and Portis to squeeze of a couple good runs.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 pm

It'll go down in Boyz/Skinz lore as yet another classic ending - as far as drama is concerned. What's the old saying - "80% of NFL games aren't won; they're lost". I'll happily take it. It was the 1st game of the season, so nobody should expect either team to be in midseason form, and it doesn't mean a whole lot as far as projecting anything. What it does show is Washington's coaching staff is 100% better than last year, and Dallas' coaching staff is going to have to step up to keep their jobs.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#12 » by Dat2U » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Dat2U wrote:Image

Heeee. That guy should on the airline commercial about just wanting to get away. How can he show his face anywhere in Dallas?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#14 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Glad to have a Skins thread here.

Though I'm usually a toadying, suck up to the Mods, their decision to lock/remove threads about other DC sports teams was unfortunate.

I realize the aim was to drive traffic to the other boards (and thereby support the Caps board, for example), but the effect has been to drive some traffic off this one.

The Wiz are the team I care about most... they are the reason I post here (or anywhere). However, it is really nice on a day like today, to stop by the Wiz board to read/say a few things about the game that is most on our mind (no not the USA victory over Turkey, but the Skins humbling of those cocky, no resume barstids from that sewer of a town in Texas).

Please Mods... reconsider. Who's with me?
In Rizzo we trust
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#15 » by verbal8 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:27 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Glad to have a Skins thread here.

Please Mods... reconsider. Who's with me?

Yeah I think the experiment of trying to drive traffic to the RealGM Redskins board has failed. I was willing wait and see when the policy was announced/enforced. However given the lack of traffic on the RealGM Skins board, I think one topic on the Wizards board is a good way for us to get our Skins' discussion fix.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#16 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:25 pm

The REALGM Football board is a giant fail. I post in the General NFL section and it's only a few of us who actually do. I used to troll the Cowboy fans all the time but over time I've gotten to know some of them and they are pretty cool people so trash talking them isn't even that much fun anymore.

We need a Skins thread on this board. I support it. Screw Miller the Ravens fan.
KiNgSbOi
Junior

Post#17 » by KiNgSbOi » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 pm

I saw we just make a NFL thread in general, talk about all the games.
southnc
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#18 » by southnc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm

That was a huge win for the Skins against a key NFC division rival.

I believe this year's Superbowl is in the new Dallas stadium; the Cowboys certainly didn't play to take advantage of that.

Regardless, Skins still got a lot of work to do.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#19 » by hands11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 pm

So Wall is a Dallas fan ? Dude. Not good.

I hear Booker is also.

Return to Washington Wizards