ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread 

Post#1141 » by TGW » Sat Feb 1, 2014 12:54 am

Zonkerbl wrote:EG deserves some of the blame but so do the knuckleheads who booed him before he even touched the ball.

The fair weather fans who booed a valid bench player off the team, who would have filled a DESPERATELY NEEDED position as a backup frontcourt player, deserve the crappy team that they asked for.

Shame on you. You are terrible fans.

Desperately needed my ass. :roll:

Blatche was a lazy out-of-shape wimp with the mental toughness of a child. If the plan was to get rid of the bad characters, then follow the damn plan. Don't half-ass it and keep the biggest culprit on the team.

And getting rid of Blatche wasn't the mistake. EG thinking Vesley and Seraphin could pickup the slack was the mistake. If Blatche was offered back to us on a silver platter, I'd still say hell no.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1142 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 1, 2014 1:45 am

My only gripe is why amnesty him if your not going to use the cap room in free agency??? What was the point? But it wasn't a knee jerk reaction to do it. He worked hard at getting himself off the team. Andray deserved every single boo he ever got.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1143 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 1, 2014 2:33 am

They traded for Nene ... THEN amnestied Blatche. Stupid move. Blatche never played with a tough guy who had skills anywhere near those Nene does. Nene's a great passer. The Wizards needed to patch things up and trade Andray but instead, per usual, they made an emotional, power-based decision. Like Donald Trump, they "fired" Blatche.

He worked hard to get off the team and they REWARDED HIM with amnesty.

(Same reason I'm all for a Larry Sanders trade. Guys show their arse for a reason. They WANT out.)
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1144 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 1, 2014 3:22 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:They traded for Nene ... THEN amnestied Blatche. Stupid move. Blatche never played with a tough guy who had skills anywhere near those Nene does. Nene's a great passer. The Wizards needed to patch things up and trade Andray but instead, per usual, they made an emotional, power-based decision. Like Donald Trump, they "fired" Blatche.

He worked hard to get off the team and they REWARDED HIM with amnesty.

(Same reason I'm all for a Larry Sanders trade. Guys show their arse for a reason. They WANT out.)

I wouldn't say Blatche worked hard to get off the team. It was more like a bad combination of Dray and situation because he was drafted by the Wizards. Dray was Dray so we start with that. Clearly Dray was a party boy with talent who entered the league very young. Mix Dray with Gil, not good. Then put Dray in the coaching hands of EFJ, extra not good. Then remove Gil and have Dray your most talented young player after the team was blown up. Not good at all. Specially with Gil still whispering in his ear.

Dray had no idea how to handle that role so he crashed and burned. But once at rock bottom, I had no doubt he would recover to become a solid off the bench player. The type that could start in a pinch, but who most the time was a solid bench player. Kind of at a Gortat level.

Well, he makes exactly what Gortat makes and they produce similar numbers for the most part. Dray is higher usage and less eFG but TS is close. Rebounding the same. Dray steals more. Gortat blocks more. Dray get more FTA and make a higher percentage. Dray is also two years younger.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Kl0Dg
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1145 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 1, 2014 3:42 am

If groomed properly with the right team from the start, Dray could have had a different career and become a legit regular starter. He had a lot of talent and skills. Short of being more athletic, there was a ton there. It was Dray the person that was the weak link so quality back up on a good team was his ultimate path.

I haven't been following Dray this year but if I was to take a wild guess given everything he has gone through and this being his second year in Brooklyn...at age 27... I would guess he is probably mentally ready to be a starter again next year. He could probably produce pretty well for about two years then return to a back up again.

Dray is not over paid at 7M. Not anymore then Gortat is. Brooklyn and Dray are bending Ted over the table every single game he plays. Brooklyn getting him for only 1.4M is laughable. Only thing more outrageous then that is they got him for that amount for 3 years. :roll:

That's one of the best contracts in the league.

Meanwhile next year Dray will make $8,471,339 plus $1,437,506 is real income. When he becomes a UFA in in 2015 and he is 28 years old, I bet he gets paid again. He will basically look like Gortat will this off season and people here are saying Gortat will get 10M. Me, I say he is worth 7/8M. That's where his good value is. I bet Dray will get something in that range as well.

For a 2nd round pick, he has been a success.

Dray had one fall on your face crap year in 11-'12. He was injured that summer and he also suffered a massive brain fart having been given the keys to the team. Other then that, he has been worth his contract all along. EG didn't over pay him. The team was just gutless in their resolve and gave in to the lame rss booth mob.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1146 » by fishercob » Tue Jun 3, 2014 2:59 pm

The Brooklyn Game looks at the Nets' possibilities with Seven Layer Dray this summer:

Blatche went unclaimed on the amnesty waiver wire, only to be picked up by the Nets in the summer of 2012 as a free agent. With the signing, Blatche was now being paid by two teams: Brooklyn and Washington.

In the event of such an occurrence, the league has a complicated formula -- called the “offset formula” -- used to calculate the total amount of money that the player will be compensated for that season.

The formula states that the players’ old team pays whatever they owed the player minus the “offset amount.”

The offset amount is defined as half the difference between the players’ new salary and the league’s minimum salary for a one-year veteran. For example, if Blatche signed a contract for $3 million for the 14’-15’ season:

Offset amount: $3,000,000 – $816,482 (minimum for a 1-year veteran) / 2 = $1,091,759

Washington pays: $8,471,339 (what Washington owed Blatche in 14’-15’) – $1,091,759 = $7,379,580

New team pays: $3,000,000

Blatche’s 14’-15’ salary: $7,379,580 + $3,000,000 = $10,379,580

Blatche made it clear last summer that he wanted to spite his former team by taking less money and making the Wizards pay more. This summer though, he’ll likely be looking for a long-term deal since Washington’s amnesty payments stop after next season.

So if Blatche signs for the MLE somewhere, Blatche could save Ted another $2.5M or so.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1147 » by dlts20 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:13 am

probably already posted on here somewhere but I couldnt find it. I miss Dray sooooo much.......lol Just tons of laughs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... -american/

Return to Washington Wizards