The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread 

Post#1121 » by hands11 » Tue Jul 2, 2013 6:45 am

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/7/1/ ... on-wizards

Dray actually took less money in his pock just to screw the Wizards.

He is the new King of Douche.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#1122 » by verbal8 » Tue Jul 2, 2013 11:53 am

hands11 wrote:http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/7/1/ ... on-wizards

Dray actually took less money in his pock just to screw the Wizards.

Not only is it a jerk move, but also not a particularly smart one. Every dollar he costs the Wizards is a dollar less that he is getting. If he really wanted to stay with Nets, then I guess it makes some sense. It saves them a ton of money because they are going to be well into the luxury tax. It also keeps the mini-MLE and/or BAE available to add a Free Agent.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#1123 » by TGW » Tue Jul 2, 2013 12:18 pm

Knighthonor wrote:Can dray play the 4 in his current form? Man with nice all around game like he had, he would be a nice replacement for Nene. Oh well..

I am strongly considering putting you on ignore. Seriously.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#1124 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jul 2, 2013 2:18 pm

Amnestying a 26-year old PF/C who the next season achieved a 20 PER, and then turning right around and trading for a player who tweets gay slurs, disses coaches, and says he hates his school are both EG moves.

Blatche is the same player who was awarded the contract by EG. I don't blame him at all for making the Wizards pay for the deal they negotiated.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1125 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jul 2, 2013 2:26 pm

The knee jerk response to amnesty Blatche really helped another team out. They are very happy over on the Nets board.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1260251

SpeedyG wrote:KG, along with Deron, Kidd, and Pierce were the ones calling Andray to convince him to stay. KG is one of those guys you hate on the other team, but want on your side. He'll get Blatche's back as long as Blatche does what he's supposed to do.

enetric wrote:I think back to last summer when I actually had to argue with a few people about signing Blatche on this board. And my exact words over and over again were...low risk, high reward.

Had he been a punk...we would have cut our 14th man making a non guaranteed 800K. That's about as low risk as you can get.

And the upside? We ended up with our best bench players and easily the 4th best player on last year's team. And now, we get a guy making 9mil for the year who was worth at least the full MLE on the open market that will only cost us 1.4 mil, and cause us to use our M-MLE to bring him back.

One of Kings absolutely BEST moves.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#1126 » by queridiculo » Tue Jul 2, 2013 3:35 pm

Amnestying Blatche kneejerk?? Jeez, I've thought I've heard it all now.

He was a punk, he is a punk and he will always be a punk.
Shorty
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1127 » by Shorty » Tue Jul 2, 2013 6:07 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Amnestying a 26-year old PF/C who the next season achieved a 20 PER, and then turning right around and trading for a player who tweets gay slurs, disses coaches, and says he hates his school are both EG moves.

Blatche is the same player who was awarded the contract by EG. I don't blame him at all for making the Wizards pay for the deal they negotiated.

Freckle Face retracted his report--said those tweets were fraudulent.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#1128 » by daSwami » Tue Jul 2, 2013 6:32 pm

Isn't there a rape charge still pending against him in Philly?
:banghead:
RealGM

Post#1129 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jul 2, 2013 9:13 pm

Shorty wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Amnestying a 26-year old PF/C who the next season achieved a 20 PER, and then turning right around and trading for a player who tweets gay slurs, disses coaches, and says he hates his school are both EG moves.

Freckle Face retracted his report--said those tweets were fraudulent.

Dude ought to be sued for libel.

If GR 3 turns out to become a mature, responsible player, I will be very happy for him and the team.

Maynor might turn out to be the player we hoped when he came out of VCU.

As for Andray, I think he's going to be a solid rotation player for years to come--And he could have been that player off the bench behind Nene and Okafor to begin with. The Wizards never paired him with solid frontcourt players. They tried to make him THE go to big. Blatche isn't that player at all. At the same time he made only a little over HALF of what Nene and Okafor make. He's 4 years younger. He has a good skill set.

What COULD HAVE HAPPENED is instead of amnestying him the Wizards could have rehabilitated his image as a second team player. Yes, I would have complained about the minutes for Seraphin, Booker, and Vesely. Blatche is a useful sub for Brooklyn. He could have been a useful sub for the Wizards.

I think he was well within his rights to make a good impression on the Nets and to help them get more talent, while making the Wizards pay. EG and Ted decided that fate and let them live with it. Less than a year before they jettisoned Blatche they expressed all faith in him.
Bye bye Beal.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#1130 » by Knighthonor » Wed Jul 3, 2013 5:34 am

TGW wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:Can dray play the 4 in his current form? Man with nice all around game like he had, he would be a nice replacement for Nene. Oh well..

if I cant share my opinion freely, then really I dont care. block me.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1131 » by montestewart » Wed Jul 3, 2013 6:04 am

Knighthonor wrote:
TGW wrote:

Not that I'd want him, but you gotta figure there's some rule about signing someone you amnestied.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#1132 » by verbal8 » Wed Jul 3, 2013 10:21 am

montestewart wrote:
Knighthonor wrote:
TGW wrote:

Not that I'd want him, but you gotta figure there's some rule about signing someone you amnestied.

In fact there is.

From http://cbafaq.com - number 67

The waiving team may not re-sign or re-acquire the player for the length of his contract (which includes seasons following an ETO, but does not include seasons following an option), and the claiming team is prohibited from trading the player until the following July 1.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1134 » by payitforward » Sat Jul 6, 2013 4:02 pm

Blatche had a really good year; give him the credit due him for putting his career back together.

I also don't begrudge him making the deal he made. For one thing, *he* didn't make the deal -- his agent and Billy King made the deal. For another thing, it makes a lot of sense for the Nets who are so far over the cap they must be facing big penalties, which I'm guessing makes every dollar they pay Dray cost them a lot more than that.

As to the Wizards, we got what we deserved in return for the foolish way we gave him a big, long-term contract and started talking about "the new big three." When marketing runs player decisions, this is what you get. I hope I never hear that phrase again.

Most of all, if Andray Blatche really has recast his way of living and working in a new and more mature mold, then I'm glad for him. I'm never going to withhold my response in such a situation.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
verbal8
General Manager

Post#1135 » by verbal8 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... hilippines

Is Lap Dance Tuesday moving to the Philippines?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1136 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:42 pm

payitforward wrote:Blatche had a really good year (in 2013); give him the credit due him for putting his career back together....

This year Dray is playing almost 20% more per game for the Nets -- 22.5 vs. 19. His per-40-minute numbers are amazingly consistent but with a slight drop in eFG%, so that overall he's not producing at quite as high a level as last year -- though he's still playing quite well and certainly much better than he ever played for us.

He is rebounding more, getting more offensive boards, getting to the line more, and shooting a higher % than he did as a Wizard. Among 4s getting 20+ minutes a game, his numbers overall rank him a little above average. If you take out the starters (guys getting 30+ minutes) he's a little better than that.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
verbal8
General Manager

Post#1137 » by verbal8 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:20 pm

payitforward wrote:He is rebounding more, getting more offensive boards, getting to the line more, and shooting a higher % than he did as a Wizard. Among 4s getting 20+ minutes a game, his numbers overall rank him a little above average. If you take out the starters (guys getting 30+ minutes) he's a little better than that.

I think his success with the Nets is due to being a back-up Center vs. a starting PF. According to B-R he is playing about 70% of his time at the Center this season. IIRC his best season by advanced stats as a Wizards he was primarily a back-up Center. I think he works better at Center because he does more of things that help teams will rebounding, taking close in shots and less of the stuff that doesn't ball handling by a non-elite 7 footer and settling for jumpers. Also playing against back-ups helps his productivity.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#1138 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:47 pm

EG deserves some of the blame but so do the knuckleheads who booed him before he even touched the ball.

The fair weather fans who booed a valid bench player off the team, who would have filled a DESPERATELY NEEDED position as a backup frontcourt player, deserve the crappy team that they asked for.

Shame on you. You are terrible fans.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#1139 » by queridiculo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Lol, how absurd.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1140 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 pm

queridiculo wrote:Amnestying Blatche kneejerk?? Jeez, I've thought I've heard it all now.

He was a punk, he is a punk and he will always be a punk.

Yeah. It was kind of knee jerk. I laid it out plenty of times how they could have kept him while he was at his low. Its all right in this thread. How it was baked in the cake that he would rebound after hitting bottom. It wouldn't have been easy with the way the fans were on him but it could have been done. He could have played here one more year and rehabbed his value. Then they would have had options to trade him or keep him longer if they wanted.

Instead, our wonder coach said he was unwilling to coach him. EG folded like a chair. Ted wanted to turn the page on image and for that, he is still paying Dray 7.7M this year and another 8.4M next year.

So yeah, it was a knee jerk move that is costing Ted a boat load.

Return to Washington Wizards