ImageImageImageImageImage

GT - Portland Trail Blazers @ Washington (12-3-2010)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will lose?

Your Washington Wizards?
29%
Or the Blazers?
71%

Total votes: 7

Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Re: GT - Portland Trail Blazers @ Washington (12-3-2010) 

Post#181 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Dec 5, 2010 12:45 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:Moding this board is maddening.

:sigh:

You act like people sometimes go crazy and "loose there" mind...I got guess it's time to go crazy and lose my mind!
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#182 » by JWizmentality » Sun Dec 5, 2010 1:09 am

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:

You act like people sometimes go crazy and "loose there" mind...I got guess it's time to go crazy and lose my mind!

Go Donk Go!!
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#183 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Dec 5, 2010 2:26 am

JWizmentality wrote:
Donkey McDonkerton wrote:

Go Donk Go!!

yah, soon...just like the good ol days
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#184 » by willbcocks » Sun Dec 5, 2010 2:38 am

20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:I wasn't able to see the game, was the low score due to our defense or the Blazers just sucking? Specifically, how was Gilbert's defense?

willbcocks wrote:Gil and Wall continue to be ineffective together. The injuries have made me postpone drawing permanent conclusions yet, but if they don't get it together in another 10 games or so, I'm going to be worried.

Before this game, they played about 10 minutes on the floor together without Kirk. It's not possible to conclude that they are ineffective together cause they haven't played together. I am eagerly waiting, because I still think it'll be our best combination in the back-court. I mean, both Gil and Wall like to push the pace (Kirk just naturally slows it down a bit due to his lack of athleticism), Gil is fine with the ball not in his hands while Wall is best with it in his hands, both Wall and Gil are excellent passers, and Gilbert is a great shooter while Wall is a great slasher. In fact, I am dying to see Gil/Wall play at least 24 minutes a game on the court together.

My counting method is different from yours because I don't care if Kip is on the floor at the same time or not. His slowness (although I'd argue he is more athletic than Gil right now) is not responsible for both of them going back to bring up the ball and both standing around on offense.

As I said, I was planning to make an initial judgment around this point of the season, but because of the injuries I'll give them another 10 games.

RE: Gli's defense

I don't think Portland went at him much, so he didn't seem to be much of a factor either way. I thought the bigs played well and Wall played poorly on that end.

Return to Washington Wizards