The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#601 » by queridiculo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Lol, cracking site.

It is so many little things that are setting us back, like the little amount of shots we make. The little amount of skill our players have. The little amount of work the management did to assemble a good team. The little amount I know about how to run an NBA team.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#602 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Higga wrote:I have no clue why Ted is so loyal to EG. It's not like EG won us any rings or anything in the past(like Dumars in Detroit). At his best he built a decent team that was never gonna get past the 1st or 2nd round with no room to grow.

I thought Ted was gonna be this smart, dynamic, out of the box thinking owner like Cuban in Dallas. Instead he's Abe Pollin 2.0. Fan **** tastic!

Not sure I would go all the way to Abe 2.0 but I expect more then this from Ted. Ted is not Abe 2.0 but he is at least Abe 1.5

I get why he kept EG. He did the things he asked him to do. He got ride of Gil. He cleared up cap space so the team could do a reboot. He did an effective job at those things. Finding a taker for Gil was near magical :wink: He turned cap space into assets. The bigger problem seems to be what he is asking him to do.

I get that Ted wanted to hit the hard reset button but I think he over did it. And that starts all the way back to getting ride of Caron and Haywood.

After that, he went way overboard with naming Wall captain and putting the entire franchise on his back right in the middle of the Gil thing.

Then dumping Dray at his lowest point and paying his contract for 24M just so he could say everyone from the past is now gone was short sighted. I understand the desire to be able to draw that line but a forced way to deal with the situation. And it doesn't even match his MO of wanting to maximize value.. i.e. wanting something for the Lewis contract.
queridiculo
RealGM

Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#603 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:44 pm

This was in danger of slipping of the first page. A little holiday bump was in order.
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#604 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:44 pm

This was in danger of slipping of the first page. A little holiday bump was in order.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,152

Post#605 » by AFM » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Did we add another adjective to the title? He a bust too. Happy Holidays.

Someone should post that stupidly embarrassing statement from Ted he said over the summer about buying tickets quickly before we make the playoffs and the price goes up. He looks like an idiot now.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#606 » by closg00 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Ted turned-on his neon "I'm stupid" sign when he renewed Ernie's contract.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#607 » by FAH1223 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:37 pm

“Why not try to make the playoffs?” Leonsis said. “Just a couple games over .500 seems to get you there and that’s how the guys are looking at it. So who am I to argue to with the players and the coaches? They feel upbeat, so that’s why I feel upbeat.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... -playoffs/
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#608 » by badinage » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 pm

If Leonsis decides to keep Grunfeld through the season -- gasp -- then this should be the GM's new directive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3b ... ata_player
AFM
General Manager

Post#609 » by AFM » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 pm

From the user "Destino" over at bulletsforever:
I think Ted is trolling Wizards fans.
Have we done something to Ted? Did someone hit him with a hotdog or a soda at a Wizards game or something? If you think about it what Ted is doing is text book trolling.

1 – He extends Ernie Grunfeld when NO ONE thought it was a good idea. Everyone was certain that when Ted took over the team things would be different and then this happened.

2 – Trades the largest cap clearing contract in the NBA for two bad contracts. Fans immediately read articles again certain that they missed something. I mean, we have to have received something in exchange for taking on two bad contracts right? Maybe the cash fell out of the card when I opened it or there’s a gift card in the bottom of the bag or something…

3 – Team, for whatever reason, decides James Harden is a bad idea. One of the worst teams in the entire NBA, a team that struggles to score and lacks star players, turns down a young star for no good reason anyone can think of. If the other moves could be bad judgment this is where you have to start thinking you’re being trolled.

4 – The team declares that they expect to be a playoff team. Some fans, you know who you are, buy it. Never listen to trolls! Team promptly adjusts expectations from playoffs to “not in the bottom three” and this is when Nene and Wall were only expected to miss a month. We end up with the worst team in the NBA.

5 – During all of the above Ted is on Ted’s Take trolling the **** out of all of us with his zen bull. Fans rage about it, having been successfully trolled by a billionaire, and what does the master troll do? Exactly what you’d expect… more zen bull.

I fully expect the final post on Ted’s Take of the season to read “U Mad?”

I never thought of it this way. What if Ted is just an evil billionaire trolling all of us. Like when Louis CK said Bill Gates could buy all the pants in the world so no one else could wear any.
Earth2Ted
Junior
And1: 58

Post#610 » by Earth2Ted » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:52 pm

If you wave your wand over
"THEODORE
LEONSIS'S"

a la Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the letters rearrange to:

"SO
DONE
IS
THE
LOSER"

A low blow, perhaps. But no less a kick in the collective family jewels than we all have been absorbing since Ted took over.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#611 » by closg00 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 am

AFM wrote:From the user "Destino" over at bulletsforever:
I think Ted is trolling Wizards fans.
Have we done something to Ted? Did someone hit him with a hotdog or a soda at a Wizards game or something? If you think about it what Ted is doing is text book trolling.

1 – He extends Ernie Grunfeld when NO ONE thought it was a good idea. Everyone was certain that when Ted took over the team things would be different and then this happened.

2 – Trades the largest cap clearing contract in the NBA for two bad contracts. Fans immediately read articles again certain that they missed something. I mean, we have to have received something in exchange for taking on two bad contracts right? Maybe the cash fell out of the card when I opened it or there’s a gift card in the bottom of the bag or something…

3 – Team, for whatever reason, decides James Harden is a bad idea. One of the worst teams in the entire NBA, a team that struggles to score and lacks star players, turns down a young star for no good reason anyone can think of. If the other moves could be bad judgment this is where you have to start thinking you’re being trolled.

4 – The team declares that they expect to be a playoff team. Some fans, you know who you are, buy it. Never listen to trolls! Team promptly adjusts expectations from playoffs to “not in the bottom three” and this is when Nene and Wall were only expected to miss a month. We end up with the worst team in the NBA.

5 – During all of the above Ted is on Ted’s Take trolling the **** out of all of us with his zen bull. Fans rage about it, having been successfully trolled by a billionaire, and what does the master troll do? Exactly what you’d expect… more zen bull.

I fully expect the final post on Ted’s Take of the season to read “U Mad?”

I never thought of it this way. What if Ted is just an evil billionaire trolling all of us. Like when Louis CK said Bill Gates could buy all the pants in the world so no one else could wear any.

Great post from Destino, but he left-out something that makes Ted look even dumber if this is possible.

According to multiple league sources, Leonsis in recent weeks has refused to correspond with agents representing prospective Wizards’ general managers interested in replacing Grunfeld. The team’s owner since the spring of 2010, Leonsis negotiated only with Grunfeld.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/4/24 ... ed-leonsis

Does this not sound like the dumbest owner in sports?
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#612 » by Nivek » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:53 am

In Ted's defense, potential gms can easily get to know him via Ted's Take. They can get messages to him by leaving comments. Ted's accessible.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
AFM
General Manager

Post#613 » by AFM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 am

He and Ernie poke each other on Facebook.

Stop liking my draft picks stop liking my draft picks!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#614 » by montestewart » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:00 am

Merry Christmas, Mr. Leonsis
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,215

Post#615 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Another Ted's Take Classic:

http://www.tedstake.com/2012/12/27/not- ... ment-41102

NOT knowing how to win close ones

Posted on December 27, 2012

Take a look at the box score from last night’s game.

The Wizards shot the ball well; and we rebounded well. And we had more assists, too.

With two call ups from the D league as our point guards – we moved the ball well and we ran much more; we were able to get some easy buckets. And with Nene in the game – we were a plus 25.

But we had twice the turn overs as the other team, 20 to 10 – and we were out shot at the free throw line by 5 points; and we lose by 3 points in another disheartening loss.

At crunch time – we don’t hit big shots – or we miss one of two free throws, or we make a turnover. Lots of little things add up to another game that was winnable; and turns into a loss.

We must turn close losses into close wins, to gain confidence.

The only sliver of good news is we seem to be on the mend with many of our injured players looking like they may be back in uniform and playing in January.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#616 » by mohammed10 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:58 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:Another Ted's Take Classic:

http://www.tedstake.com/2012/12/27/not- ... ment-41102

NOT knowing how to win close ones

Posted on December 27, 2012

Take a look at the box score from last night’s game.

The Wizards shot the ball well; and we rebounded well. And we had more assists, too.

With two call ups from the D league as our point guards – we moved the ball well and we ran much more; we were able to get some easy buckets. And with Nene in the game – we were a plus 25.

But we had twice the turn overs as the other team, 20 to 10 – and we were out shot at the free throw line by 5 points; and we lose by 3 points in another disheartening loss.

At crunch time – we don’t hit big shots – or we miss one of two free throws, or we make a turnover. Lots of little things add up to another game that was winnable; and turns into a loss.

We must turn close losses into close wins, to gain confidence.

The only sliver of good news is we seem to be on the mend with many of our injured players looking like they may be back in uniform and playing in January.

Yeah - I saw that one. Given the lack of responses to his other posts, it appears that apathy has set in from what's left of the Wizards' fan base...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#617 » by Tyrone Messby » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

I can't stand this CLOWN and COWARD. How has this guy been so successful in life?

Oh by the way, the Nets just fired Avery Johnson. Ted, are you there buddy?
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#618 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Just posted this on Ted's take. Im sure it will be deleted but i just needed to vent..

http://www.tedstake.com/2012/12/27/not- ... ment-41106

"yawn.. while i appreciate your diligence to continue posting, I'm so tired of reading such apathetic posts about another moral win. At what point do you realize moral victories still end up in the "L" column.

Close losses are a result of the team you have created. It's clear that this team lacks the talent to execute during crunch time, so how do you expect these close games, turn into wins? We may be the called the Wizards but doing nothing while hoping for magic is not the answer.

P.S. I find it ridiculously disrespectful that you delete so many of your comments. Just so you know, they have been re posted elsewhere and after reading them, I must say it reflects very poorly on you. I understand if they are inappropriate or profane, but civil comments should not be moderated. So when you say that you understand the "fans frustration," pardon us if we laugh in your face."
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#619 » by mohammed10 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:Just posted this on Ted's take. Im sure it will be deleted but i just needed to vent..

http://www.tedstake.com/2012/12/27/not- ... ment-41106

"yawn.. while i appreciate your diligence to continue posting, I'm so tired of reading such apathetic posts about another moral win. At what point do you realize moral victories still end up in the "L" column.

Close losses are a result the team you have created. It's clear that this team lacks the talent to execute during crunch time, so how do you expect these close games, turn into wins? We may be the called the Wizards but doing nothing while hoping for magic is not the answer.

P.S. I find it ridiculously disrespectful that you delete so many of your comments. Just so you know, they have been re posted elsewhere and after reading them, I must say it reflects very poorly on you. I understand if they are inappropriate or profane, but civil comments should not be moderated. So when you say that you understand the "fans frustration," pardon us if we laugh in your face."

Posted something similar as well. Probably will get deleted via his 'mods'...sigh
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#620 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:19 pm

mohammed10 wrote:Posted something similar as well. Probably will get deleted via his 'mods'...sigh

mohammed, repost it here if you still have it

Return to Washington Wizards