Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#741 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 2, 2013 7:48 pm

fishercob wrote:Ted is trolling Wizard fans hard today
http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.com/o ... /index.jsp

Ownership & Management (if you can call it mgmt) through Public Relations. My read is that Ted is finally responding to the various articles about Vesely and his lack of playing-time, some calling him an outright bust. Ted talks about playing time as-if the Wizards don't have the option to send players to the NBDL like all the other teams are doing. Ted's Ministry of Truth.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#742 » by Jay81 » Wed Apr 3, 2013 11:42 pm

be very afraid.

Its apparent that ted didnt learn from his Foye/Miller Disaster.

Today he traded the caps top prospect for an aging decent wing:(
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#743 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Apr 4, 2013 2:24 pm

Ernie Grunfeld, victorious given expectations

The Ten Point Plan prefers to reserve those for deals for young incumbents or landscape-altering talents. For veterans, the Plan wants high-character players on shorter deals in keeping with the way the team wants to play.

So are Okafor/Ariza landscape altering talents? No? O.. they must be young incumbents then... wait.. what?

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/4/4/ ... victorious

Meh...
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#744 » by fishercob » Thu Apr 4, 2013 2:43 pm

Jay81 wrote:be very afraid.

So Ji.

Miller/Foye wasn't Ted.

You probably haven't even seen FF play more than a game or two. Prospects flame out all the time; maybe there's a reason he dropped in the draft and the Caps were so willing to get rid of him.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#745 » by Jay81 » Thu Apr 4, 2013 5:04 pm

fishercob wrote:
Jay81 wrote:be very afraid.

So Ji.

Miller/Foye wasn't Ted.

You probably haven't even seen FF play more than a game or two. Prospects flame out all the time; maybe there's a reason he dropped in the draft and the Caps were so willing to get rid of him.

was Ted on a different planet when we traded for Foye and Miller? Did he need "hear" about this trade and how it worked out?

I have not seen FF play but he was rated as our #2 prospect by the experts. He is 17 and has 40 goal potential. Who knows if will be a great player but trading your best prospects for decent veterans is usually a disaster
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#746 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 4, 2013 5:52 pm

GhostsOfGil wrote:Ernie Grunfeld, victorious given expectations

The Ten Point Plan prefers to reserve those for deals for young incumbents or landscape-altering talents. For veterans, the Plan wants high-character players on shorter deals in keeping with the way the team wants to play.

So are Okafor/Ariza landscape altering talents? No? O.. they must be young incumbents then... wait.. what?

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/4/4/ ... victorious

Meh...

Yeah, I'm not a hockey guy, but that struck me as being a trade that the old Ted would never have considered. Forsberg (sp?) was supposed to be a great pick and future big-time goal scorer, and they trade him for a 31 year old who's considered just an okay player. It seems that Ted has morphed into Abe Pollin. It's like a trade for an aging Dan Roundfield.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#747 » by Higga » Thu Apr 4, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm no hockey guru but that sounds like a Vinny Cerrato/Abe Pollin type of deal.

Ted needs to stop blogging. Making himself look stupider and stupider everytime.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#748 » by DCZards » Thu Apr 4, 2013 6:20 pm

From Bulletsforever:

When this team talks about shooting for the ninth seed, about not being eliminated yet, I believe them. I take them seriously. They back their words up with the endless scrap and wild finishes on the floor. They aren't perfect but they are relentless. Winning matters. Losing hurts. Challenges are accepted and growth is seen. An organizational shift has occurred in Washington and this is a playoff quality team with John Wall emerging as a superstar. Bradley Beal is showing star talent. All the veterans are contributing meaningfully and fostering a winning environment. The rookies are toeing the company line. Randy Wittman demands accountability and the players listen.
And Ernie Grunfeld is steering the ship. See you next year, EG.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#749 » by Nivek » Thu Apr 4, 2013 6:23 pm

Okay, can everyone PLEASE stop talking about the Wizards shooting for the "ninth seed"?

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A 9TH SEED IN THE NBA!!!
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#750 » by fishercob » Thu Apr 4, 2013 6:48 pm

Jay81 wrote:I have not seen FF play but . . .

Ruzious wrote:Yeah, I'm not a hockey guy, but

Higga wrote:I'm no hockey guru but

"I have no idea what I'm talking about, but this was BAD!"

It's a completely ridiculous position.

You just are unhappy with Leonsis so assume whatever his GM does is stupid. I wouldn't know Martin Erat or Filip Forsberg if either walked into my office and sat on my face. I don't know if it's a good trade or not and neither do any of you. I don't understand the compulsion to have the answer for everything when "I don't know" is correct answer.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
DCZards
General Manager

Post#751 » by DCZards » Thu Apr 4, 2013 6:55 pm

Nivek wrote:Okay, can everyone PLEASE stop talking about the Wizards shooting for the "ninth seed"?

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A 9TH SEED IN THE NBA!!!

You're taking this stuff too seriously/literally, Nivek. It's alright to have a goal. Nothing wrong with that.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#752 » by Nivek » Thu Apr 4, 2013 7:03 pm

As I've said probably a dozen times, it's fine to have a goal. Considering how the season started, it's even fine for the Wizards to have finishing in 9th place as a goal. I don't think they should talk about it publicly because it sounds pathetic and stupid. But, if it works as an internal motivator -- cool.

But, there's no such thing as a 9th seed in the NBA. Eight teams make the playoffs. There are 8 seeds. After 8, there are no more seeds. There's no 9 because they stop counting at 8. To be a 9th seed, the league would have to add a 9th team to the playoffs. Until that happens, there's no such thing as a 9th "seed."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#753 » by montestewart » Thu Apr 4, 2013 7:17 pm

Isn't there a supernatural sci fi horror movie called "The 9th Seed"?
DCZards
General Manager

Post#754 » by DCZards » Thu Apr 4, 2013 7:25 pm

Nivek wrote:As I've said probably a dozen times, it's fine to have a goal. Considering how the season started, it's even fine for the Wizards to have finishing in 9th place as a goal. I don't think they should talk about it publicly because it sounds pathetic and stupid. But, if it works as an internal motivator -- cool.

But, there's no such thing as a 9th seed in the NBA. Eight teams make the playoffs. There are 8 seeds. After 8, there are no more seeds. There's no 9 because they stop counting at 8. To be a 9th seed, the league would have to add a 9th team to the playoffs. Until that happens, there's no such thing as a 9th "seed."

Wall and the other Zards were obviously "joking" when they talked about playing for the 9th seed. It would only sound pathetic and stupid to those who took it seriously. I'd like to think that most NBA fans know there are only 8 seeds.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#755 » by tontoz » Thu Apr 4, 2013 7:28 pm

montestewart wrote:Isn't there a supernatural sci fi horror movie called "The 9th Seed"?

Wasn't that the sequel to The Seventh Sign?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#756 » by Nivek » Thu Apr 4, 2013 7:39 pm

DCZards wrote:
Nivek wrote:As I've said probably a dozen times, it's fine to have a goal. Considering how the season started, it's even fine for the Wizards to have finishing in 9th place as a goal. I don't think they should talk about it publicly because it sounds pathetic and stupid. But, if it works as an internal motivator -- cool.

Wall and the other Zards were obviously "joking" when they talked about playing for the 9th seed. It would only sound pathetic and stupid to those who took it seriously. I'd like to think that most NBA fans know there are only 8 seeds.

A) This notion of them joking would be news to Mike Lee, who wrote the story about the team striving for 9th. I asked him via Twitter if the team was joking. He tweeted back that the players and Randy Wittman were serious.

and

B) I'm not talking about the players saying "9th seed," which I don't remember seeing. I have heard/seen a number of Wizards fans use "9th seed." Including many folks who surely know better, such as the guy who wrote the BulletsForever article you quoted earlier in this thread.
-- Malcolm Gladwell

DCZards
General Manager

Post#757 » by DCZards » Thu Apr 4, 2013 7:48 pm

Nivek wrote:
A) This notion of them joking would be news to Mike Lee, who wrote the story about the team striving for 9th. I asked him via Twitter if the team was joking. He tweeted back that the players and Randy Wittman were serious.

and

B) I'm not talking about the players saying "9th seed," which I don't remember seeing. I have heard/seen a number of Wizards fans use "9th seed." Including many folks who surely know better, such as the guy who wrote the BulletsForever article you quoted earlier in this thread.

So are you suggesting that the players, Wittman, the writer from BulletsForever and some fans believe there is a 9th playoff seed? Again, I think you--and maybe Mike Lee--are taking these "9th seed" comments far too seriously.
Nivek
Head Coach

Post#758 » by Nivek » Thu Apr 4, 2013 8:03 pm

DCZards wrote:
Nivek wrote:

and

So are you suggesting that the players, Wittman, the writer from BulletsForever and some fans believe there is a 9th playoff seed? Again, I think you--and maybe Mike Lee--are taking these "9th seed" comments far too seriously.

Are you serious?
-- Malcolm Gladwell

BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#759 » by BigA » Thu Apr 4, 2013 8:08 pm

The fact that there is no 9th seed is precisely what's funny about "playing for the 9th seed."

I apologize in advance to Nivek for any future sarcastic jokes.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#760 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 4, 2013 8:09 pm

fishercob wrote:
Jay81 wrote:I have not seen FF play but . . .

Ruzious wrote:Yeah, I'm not a hockey guy, but

Higga wrote:I'm no hockey guru but

"I have no idea what I'm talking about, but this was BAD!"

It's a completely ridiculous position.

You just are unhappy with Leonsis so assume whatever his GM does is stupid. I wouldn't know Martin Erat or Filip Forsberg if either walked into my office and sat on my face. I don't know if it's a good trade or not and neither do any of you. I don't understand the compulsion to have the answer for everything when "I don't know" is correct answer.

LOL. You and DCZ are 2 of a kind in this thread.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards