ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Jay81
Starter
And1: 479

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#781 » by Jay81 » Mon Nov 4, 2013 9:53 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:Ted has lost alot of weight?

he has lost alot of weight and alot of games. What a terrible owner. Notice he does NOT allow any comments now in Teds Take. He sucks
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#782 » by fishercob » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Uncle Teddy hasn't blogged about the Wizards since the OKC loss, but he has nearly two dozen other posts in that time frame. Sort of curious since he usually has something (even if it's brief) to comment after each game. Strikes me as sort of curious.

Is he "still processing?" Is he shocked at how not good the Wiz are? Is he stewing? Getting ready to fire someone (likely the wrong guy)?

I wonder if his next blog post is going to be "Time for a New Voice" about relieving Randy of his duties because the Wiz players had started to tune him out.

Maybe Ted has lost all this weight because the Emperor truly has no clothes and he wants to look better naked. I'm pretty sure that's going to end up in someone's sig.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#783 » by montestewart » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Maybe it's not weight loss. Maybe it's deflation.

He should have consulted me, I would have told him to hang on to his Injury card. "I'm proud of the team for fighting on while Singleton's pinky heals, but it's hard to overcome a loss like that."
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#784 » by jivelikenice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:25 pm

fishercob wrote:Uncle Teddy hasn't blogged about the Wizards since the OKC loss, but he has nearly two dozen other posts in that time frame. Sort of curious since he usually has something (even if it's brief) to comment after each game. Strikes me as sort of curious.

Is he "still processing?" Is he shocked at how not good the Wiz are? Is he stewing? Getting ready to fire someone (likely the wrong guy)?

I wonder if his next blog post is going to be "Time for a New Voice" about relieving Randy of his duties because the Wiz players had started to tune him out.

Maybe Ted has lost all this weight because the Emperor truly has no clothes and he wants to look better naked. I'm pretty sure that's going to end up in someone's sig.

Noticed that as well. Its not a good thing for those in charge IMO. Usually he would talk about how tough the opponents were and what they have to do to succeed but for him not to post at all he must be pi$$ed.

If I were Ted here's what I'd do:
I'd see how the next two home games go. If we lose both, Randy is done. I wouldn't promote an assistant to the interim job because there's too much season left and it woudl be a re-do of what occured when we let Flip go. I'd reach out to a George Karl and would say "Come in here, coach the team and evaluate what you have then we can reshape the roster at the deadline and in the offseason based on your recommendations. Use this year to get Wall/Beal/Otto (eventually) in a system thats conducive to them being successful. He is an ideal candidate for Wall based on his experience with GP and he's also ideal for Otto imo. Otto doesn't have Iguodola's athleticism, but is very similar in terms of versatility and different ways in which he can impact a game and Karl had experience with him.

I'd then bring in Wall/Beal/and maybe Martell to meet with the Karl/Ted and would tell them "We're not rebuilding, but we're evaluating. We may move assets to clear cap room but in the meantime this teams success or failure this year will be based on you three. You're the three that are here longterm so putting you in a position to succeed longterm is paramount. The goal is to compete for a title ASAP, not just make the playoffs and a small step back may be neccesary to accomplish that. If you learn to play the right way & take this team to the playoffs we'll only be in that much better of a position to add piece in the offseason. Right now the focus is on you, not what's around you currently."
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#785 » by mohammed10 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:29 pm

jivelikenice wrote:
fishercob wrote:Uncle Teddy hasn't blogged about the Wizards since the OKC loss, but he has nearly two dozen other posts in that time frame. Sort of curious since he usually has something (even if it's brief) to comment after each game. Strikes me as sort of curious.

Noticed that as well. Its not a good thing for those in charge IMO. Usually he would talk about how tough the opponents were and what they have to do to succeed but for him not to post at all he must be pi$$ed.

If I were Ted here's what I'd do:
I'd see how the next two home games go. If we lose both, Randy is done. I wouldn't promote an assistant to the interim job because there's too much season left and it woudl be a re-do of what occured when we let Flip go. I'd reach out to a George Karl and would say "Come in here, coach the team and evaluate what you have then we can reshape the roster at the deadline and in the offseason based on your recommendations. Use this year to get Wall/Beal/Otto (eventually) in a system thats conducive to them being successful. He is an ideal candidate for Wall based on his experience with GP and he's also ideal for Otto imo. Otto doesn't have Iguodola's athleticism, but is very similar in terms of versatility and different ways in which he can impact a game and Karl had experience with him.

I'd then bring in Wall/Beal/and maybe Martell to meet with the Karl/Ted and would tell them "We're not rebuilding, but we're evaluating. We may move assets to clear cap room but in the meantime this teams success or failure this year will be based on you three. You're the three that are here longterm so putting you in a position to succeed longterm is paramount. The goal is to compete for a title ASAP, not just make the playoffs and a small step back may be neccesary to accomplish that. If you learn to play the right way & take this team to the playoffs we'll only be in that much better of a position to add piece in the offseason. Right now the focus is on you, not what's around you currently."

While this would be most everyone's wet dream, where in your scenario is Ernie? Sitting in the corner, sucking his thumb?
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,281

Post#786 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:51 pm

jivelikenice wrote:If I were Ted here's what I'd do:

Ultimately, you are suggesting that Karl be the coach and GM (at least effectively, if not in name). That has historically been a really bad idea. The problem is that a GM's goal and a coach's goal aren't always the same. Coaches need to win games now to look good and to avoid being fired. GM's need to build a sustainably successful team for the long term. When a coach is the GM, it usually means a lot of short term win-now decisions where the future is sacrificed.

I don't think we should hire a coach until we have a GM in place. It will be the Eddie Jordan/Ernie Grunfeld power struggle all over again. If George Karl is available now, he'll probably be available this summer. There's no need to rush.

Name an "acting head coach" for the duration of the season. Find the best GM you can. And then have him hire the coach.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,345

Post#787 » by Kanyewest » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I guess I'd be surprised if the wizards fire EG at this point in time. A four game losing streak is bad but none of them have happened at home. That being said, I would respect the decision to fire EG if they get a good gm candidate like Weaver.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#788 » by verbal8 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:12 pm

nate33 wrote:I don't think we should hire a coach until we have a GM in place. It will be the Eddie Jordan/Ernie Grunfeld power struggle all over again. If George Karl is available now, he'll probably be available this summer. There's no need to rush.

Name an "acting head coach" for the duration of the season. Find the best GM you can. And then have him hire the coach.

There has been a fair amount of mention about promoting and interim coach for the remainder of the season. What about doing that with the GM? EG wouldn't even really have to be fired, just have his position changed to more of a business non-basketball role.

I think after a couple weeks it should be clear whether the Wizards are a play-off team. If they aren't a shrewd GM could likely get some long-term value from dealing any of the following:

Gortat
Ariza
Booker

and possibly even Nene.

If the interim GM looks promising you have seen him in action before deciding about him as a future GM. If he doesn't there might not be much of a rush to hire a new one if the 1st round pick is going to Phoenix.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#789 » by jivelikenice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:16 pm

nate33 wrote:

Ultimately, you are suggesting that Karl be the coach and GM (at least effectively, if not in name). That has historically been a really bad idea. The problem is that a GM's goal and a coach's goal aren't always the same. Coaches need to win games now to look good and to avoid being fired. GM's need to build a sustainably successful team for the long term. When a coach is the GM, it usually means a lot of short term win-now decisions where the future is sacrificed.

I don't think we should hire a coach until we have a GM in place. It will be the Eddie Jordan/Ernie Grunfeld power struggle all over again. If George Karl is available now, he'll probably be available this summer. There's no need to rush.

I definitely see that. With so much season left I just hate the thought of wasting it with an interim in charge. At some level; GM/ or HC, I'd want an inseason change so whoever is brought in gets a period of solid evaluation.
JonathanJoseph
Bench Warmer
And1: 22

Post#790 » by JonathanJoseph » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:05 pm

jivelikenice wrote:
nate33 wrote:

I definitely see that. With so much season left I just hate the thought of wasting it with an interim in charge. At some level; GM/ or HC, I'd want an inseason change so whoever is brought in gets a period of solid evaluation.

Why would a HOF caliber coach like George Karl enter into such a dysfunctional situation? If Wittman goes, it's elementary that EG will go at some point and so any coach coming in midseason would know that a new GM would come in and want to bring in his own coach.

These are fantasy scenarios. If Wittman is fired, the season is over. No good coach will take the job midseason. Absolutely nothing to gain by that.
Twitter: @jonathanjoseph
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#791 » by jivelikenice » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm

JJ, a coach like Karl would take the job midseason if he was effectively the GM. If you think this is an unattractive job opportunity with a young nucelus of players at the 1/2/3 and significant cap space than you're kidding yourself.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#792 » by mohammed10 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Kanyewest wrote:I guess I'd be surprised if the wizards fire EG at this point in time. A four game losing streak is bad but none of them have happened at home. That being said, I would respect the decision to fire EG if they get a good gm candidate like Weaver.

I agree with you. However, the likely way this plays out is that Turd makes that decision after the season is over...after having his methodical analytics perseverate over the inevitable. As such, many of the qualified GMs and coaches would have been snatched up by other teams in the same boat.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,865

Post#793 » by payitforward » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Unfortunately, firing Randy effectively means that you don't think this mess is the fault of Ernie Grunfield -- hence, firing Randy makes it more likely that the Ernie Grunfield era continues.

The way Sam Presti is managing to turn a lemon (having to trade Harden) into lemonade...

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/15/5107 ... eremy-lamb

...should finally convince even Ernie's cousin (secret employee?) LyricalRico where the real problem is with this franchise -- and that's true even if we manage to sneak into the playoffs (i.e. achieve the heights of average-dom).

Are we now an older-than-average NBA team?

Oh, and I wonder how many of you who were giving our off-season high grades still think we did well?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#794 » by Nivek » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Wizards average age, according to b-r, is 26.2, which is about the league average (26.8). Better measure is minutes-weighted age. Will run numbers on that when I can. That might push their relative age higher -- some of their young guys aren't playing much.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#795 » by jivelikenice » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:26 am

Still no blogs from Tec. Odd...but hopefully a sign of his displeasure.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#796 » by closg00 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 am

jivelikenice wrote:Still no blogs from Tec. Odd...but hopefully a sign of his displeasure.

Ted boxed himself in by publicly stating that the injury excuse would not be acceptable this year.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#797 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:42 pm

closg00 wrote:
jivelikenice wrote:Still no blogs from Tec. Odd...but hopefully a sign of his displeasure.

Ted boxed himself in by publicly stating that the injury excuse would not be acceptable this year.

Openness and honesty are fine ideals, but when mixed with arrogance and idiocy, the result can be the owner of the Wizards.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#798 » by fishercob » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Damn it but I find him likable -- still.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/p ... 5E13307062

I wish he had a better GM.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,281

Post#799 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:33 am

Ted, can you not see that we have the worst bench in the league, and maybe one of the worst benches ever assembled? Who do you hold responsible for this? How can EG still have a job? And don't blame injuries. Our top 6 players have missed a total of 6 player-games out of a possible 72. That's pretty good health. Other teams have injuries too, but they go 10 or 11 deep in NBA-caliber talent. When a guy gets dinged up someone else can step in for a few games at least. We have a team with a 7th-best player who is consistently worse than the 11th man on a typical team.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#800 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:24 am

nate33 wrote:Ted, can you not see that we have the worst bench in the league, and maybe one of the worst benches ever assembled? Who do you hold responsible for this? How can EG still have a job? And don't blame injuries. Our top 6 players have missed a total of 6 player-games out of a possible 72. That's pretty good health. Other teams have injuries too, but they go 10 or 11 deep in NBA-caliber talent. When a guy gets dinged up someone else can step in for a few games at least. We have a team with a 7th-best player who is consistently worse than the 11th man on a typical team.

Ted has turned a blind eye towards a plethora of EG blunders. Why should he notice the fact that we have the worst bench in the league?

Return to Washington Wizards