ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#41 » by fishercob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I can. But I have an IQ above 90, so there's that.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#42 » by Dat2U » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:54 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:I nominate this as the dumbest thread ever.

Right now I nominate this the most relevant thread ever.

The longer Ernie & Flip are a part of this organization, the bigger the hole the next GM will have to dig this organization out of.

I don't think enough folks realize how bad an idea it was for Teddy not to totally clean house when he became owner.
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#43 » by jivelikenice » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Ted's been terrible.

1. He allowed a coach hired by the previous owner, who was hired to coach a veteran team remain in place when we completely changed course. How can you honestly say that a coach hired under a different set of circumstances if the right man for the job?

2. Once Ernie cleared up the cap, he should have said thanks and moved on. You build a team with an identity. if Wall is going to be the face of the franchise, you build a team that can compliment his skills. He's don't the exact opposite

3. Lack of aggressiveness. I still think we wasted an opportunity to potentially make a move in FA last in the '10 offseason. We had Wall coming out of college, a ton of cap space , and two additional draft picks and we just stood pat. In bball, 1-2 players can make a huge difference. He is too set on building the way he views to be the right way. We've had 5 1st rounders the past 2 seasons, but only one in the top 5. Talent prevails in the NBA and we haven't used our cap space wisely in acquiring talent. We continue to take on salary dumps like Yi and Turiaf; players who realistically have no future with us.

4. Lack of urgency- He says he's being patient, but I don't feel the fans are being impatient. This is yr 3 of Flip and yr 9(?) of Ernie. The roster is a year older but has regressed. Younger teams who also were hampered by the lockout have managed to improve and we're getting worse. We are incapable of winnign on the road. This hasn't gotten enough attention IMO. Yes, it became a media joke, but how awful is it that this team can't stay in games, yet alone win any on the road. This is not a professional outfit...Bottom line. There's patience, and then there's letting the ship sink. That's the course ted seems to be taking.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#44 » by fishercob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 pm

jivelikenice wrote:Ted's been terrible.

1. He allowed a coach hired by the previous owner, who was hired to coach a veteran team remain in place when we completely changed course. How can you honestly say that a coach hired under a different set of circumstances if the right man for the job?

When Ted got control of the team, Flip had almost 3 years and $13M left on his contract. Ted and his partners just laid out an oil-tanker full of cash to buy the team. With little tangible short term upside, firing FLip made little sense at the time. Yes, I would like to see the team go in a different direction. But I dont think it matters much if it's now or this summer or next April. People gloss over the financial realities as if they don't exist. But with the team very likely not turning a profit right now, I understand Ted not wanting to pay two coaches.

2. Once Ernie cleared up the cap, he should have said thanks and moved on. You build a team with an identity. if Wall is going to be the face of the franchise, you build a team that can compliment his skills. He's don't the exact opposite

Again, he was under contract and is through this season. If he is retained, I'll be annoyed because he's clearly not a forward thinker. But the worst thing Ernie could have done since Ted's regime started would have been to tie up our long term cap, and he;s done the opposite.

3. Lack of aggressiveness. I still think we wasted an opportunity to potentially make a move in FA last in the '10 offseason. We had Wall coming out of college, a ton of cap space , and two additional draft picks and we just stood pat. In bball, 1-2 players can make a huge difference. He is too set on building the way he views to be the right way. We've had 5 1st rounders the past 2 seasons, but only one in the top 5. Talent prevails in the NBA and we haven't used our cap space wisely in acquiring talent. We continue to take on salary dumps like Yi and Turiaf; players who realistically have no future with us.

This is a somewhat valid criticism. Ernie has done a mediocre at best job of creating value and using cap space to his advantage. That said, he's avoided big mistakes. That said, I think you're misjudging how much actual opportunity existed. You can't just convince teams to take your crap in exchange for lotto picks. The Baron Davis trade worked out for Cleveland because of the amnesty (that we need for Lewis) and a 28 in 1000 chance that worked out. They easily could have been stuck with Baron and Brandin Knight.

4. Lack of urgency- He says he's being patient, but I don't feel the fans are being impatient. This is yr 3 of Flip and yr 9(?) of Ernie. The roster is a year older but has regressed. Younger teams who also were hampered by the lockout have managed to improve and we're getting worse. We are incapable of winnign on the road. This hasn't gotten enough attention IMO. Yes, it became a media joke, but how awful is it that this team can't stay in games, yet alone win any on the road. This is not a professional outfit...Bottom line. There's patience, and then there's letting the ship sink. That's the course ted seems to be taking.

We're going to have the best odds at the top pick in the draft. This is what that process looks like. You don't show well most nights and show marked progress when you're tanking for talent. The road thing bothers me because it seems to stem from a lack of confidence. I would hope a coach could push the right buttons to convince these kids that they're no different on the road than at home. It's frustrating, but this is what it looks like.

There's also the fact that no one has discussed -- the value of going through a really rough time. WHen we're down 2-0 in a playoff series, down 10 heading in to the fourth quarter, I want guys who are mentally strong and conditioned to fight through adversity. That's what this is! This is basic training. Wall needs this. I'm glad he's learning how to deal with these struggles now than when we've got actual stakes. It can't be all good all the time, and while this is ugly and frustrating there is intrinsic value in this ugly season.
— Steve Martin
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#45 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I still think this is a dumb thread. This is only the second year in Ted's plan, with last year basically consisting of purging players and obtaining draft picks. Ted made it perfectly clear that this process was going to be "painful", with year 2 involving evaluating the talent that we have on the team. What did people really expect when Ted made this statement? That this year was going to be all butterflies and roses?

This team sucks, no doubt about it. It probably is the worst team we have ever had here. However, we will certainly have another high draft pick in the lottery and will have plenty of cap space to use in a year that more quality FAs will be available. We also have some solid draft picks in Singleton and Booker, and McGee for the most part, has improved. While Wall has regressed this season, I hardly blame that on the Wizards organization, SINCE NO ONE IN THE ORGANIZATION WAS EVEN ALLOWED TO CONTACT HIM UNTIL JUST A MONTH AGO!! Moreover, it is way too early to conclude that Wall is a bust and cannot improve. I suspect that he will look much better with some new players around him.

Regarding Flip and Ernie, I am not enamored with either but I also don't see the urgency in canning both. No other coach is going to turn this team around this year. This team will continue to suck with or without Flip. Moreover, Flip is playing the younger guys and although people like to say the players are tuning Flip out, I don't get that feeling from any of the players' media comments. If anything, I get the sense that they still are behind Flip and that they believe in what Flip is telling them. If the players like Flip, believe in Flip, and still don't follow what he preaches, I don't expect them to follow what another coach is going to preach either.

On EG, he is likely going to be gone when his contract is up at the end of the season. I don't see the urgency in firing him now since it is unlikely that he will be making any major decisions impacting this team until then. I think EG is perfectly capable of getting a ham sandwich for Blatche, which is about the only move he should be making at this point.

As before, I am willing to give Ted the time that he will need to turn this franchise around. Its going to take more than a year and a half. The people that are calling Ted sucky now are the type of people that have influenced other owners in the past to make stupid decisions to placate their fans instead of doing what is best for the team.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#46 » by fishercob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:10 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:I still think this is a dumb thread. This is only the second year in Ted's plan, with last year basically consisting of purging players and obtaining draft picks. Ted made it perfectly clear that this process was going to be "painful", with year 2 involving evaluating the talent that we have on the team. What did people really expect when Ted made this statement? That this year was going to be all butterflies and roses?

This team sucks, no doubt about it. It probably is the worst team we have ever had here. However, we will certainly have another high draft pick in the lottery and will have plenty of cap space to use in a year that more quality FAs will be available. We also have some solid draft picks in Singleton and Booker, and McGee for the most part, has improved. While Wall has regressed this season, I hardly blame that on the Wizards organization, SINCE NO ONE IN THE ORGANIZATION WAS EVEN ALLOWED TO CONTACT HIM UNTIL JUST A MONTH AGO!! Moreover, it is way too early to conclude that Wall is a bust and cannot improve. I suspect that he will look much better with some new players around him.

Regarding Flip and Ernie, I am not enamored with either but I also don't see the urgency in canning both. No other coach is going to turn this team around this year. This team will continue to suck with or without Flip. Moreover, Flip is playing the younger guys and although people like to say the players are tuning Flip out, I don't get that feeling from any of the players' media comments. If anything, I get the sense that they still are behind Flip and that they believe in what Flip is telling them. If the players like Flip, believe in Flip, and still don't follow what he preaches, I don't expect them to follow what another coach is going to preach either.

On EG, he is likely going to be gone when his contract is up at the end of the season. I don't see the urgency in firing him now since it is unlikely that he will be making any major decisions impacting this team until then. I think EG is perfectly capable of getting a ham sandwich for Blatche, which is about the only move he should be making at this point.

As before, I am willing to give Ted the time that he will need to turn this franchise around. Its going to take more than a year and a half. The people that are calling Ted sucky now are the type of people that have influenced other owners in the past to make stupid decisions to placate their fans instead of doing what is best for the team.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:bowdown:
— Steve Martin
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#47 » by 7-Day Dray » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:17 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:I still think this is a dumb thread. This is only the second year in Ted's plan, with last year basically consisting of purging players and obtaining draft picks. Ted made it perfectly clear that this process was going to be "painful", with year 2 involving evaluating the talent that we have on the team. What did people really expect when Ted made this statement? That this year was going to be all butterflies and roses?

HOF post
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#48 » by WizarDynasty » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:42 pm

What made wall special was that if he had the correct mentor to teach him how to think like a point guard..he would be a better than chris paul... To teach him the drills to make his ball handling skills chris paul elite...because once he had access to it..there is no question he would work his butt off...because he is a gym rat...baller.

Wall has attributes that can't teach like conpetitve drive, leadership and passion, toughness... He has a hunger to learn, he loves basketball its not just a sport that he chose second and he wants to be great. Its just sad that the nba hasn't provided wall access (or provided a structure environment to make it easy to accessto the treasure of knowledge and instruction that he needs to be elite.
Has wall ever had a one one session going against chris paul steve nash or jason kidd.
Why hasn't the nba made it much easier for young superstars to interact with hall of famers....right now wall can only go as far as the best point guard mind of thw wizards which is probably sam cassell a shoot first point guard who wasn't known for defense passing... Sam was basically a cradfty shooting guard with no vision.
U would think that once the competitive seasonis over the nba would have a program that encourages interactio n of young players and established vets. Without sloan, wall's only point guard guidance is from shoot first cassell.
Until ted figures out a way to get wall acess to grat point guard minds like jason kidd chris paul.. Stockton or coaches with experience developing hall of fmae point guards... Wall will be stuck in frozen status mentally while the years go by.
Wall has the hunger but he's doesn't have access to great point guard pass first minds. Until he gets access to these minds..and the wizards don't have it...he will waste his years and the wizards hopes of having a franchise point guard.

How will ted get wall acess to hall of fame pass first point guards? If not a point guard...then decond best thing is to have access to a coach who has developed a young hall of fame point guard and there aren't many.
Jason kidd,Andre miller, stevenash ..we almost got mike bibby who ditched us.
Having wall play behind steve nash actually would be ideal but convincing a great pass first point guard mind..be it old veteran player or coach to come to wizards is the challenge of the great leonsis.

In ted we trust. We need an aol miracle..when no one knew its potential but ted.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#49 » by Dat2U » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:04 pm

This where we disagree. You dismiss EG's presence by saying he's gone soon and won't be causing any future damage. What about the damage he's already caused and causing now?

I'm fine with "the plan". I agree with rebuilding through the draft. But I hate the current execution of the rebuild. I hate that were seeing no real improvement from our young guys. I hate the current culture of questionable basketball integrity and IQ. I hate the fact that EG drafts low skilled, run & jump athletes with no idea what their doing.

And the excuse that Wall or anyone else wasn't allowed to contact the organization until a month ago doesn't fly. Every player on every team in the league had the same issue. Wall's regression is unacceptable and it's time for folks in the front office to be held accountable.

The fact that Ed Tapscott is still in charge of player development is all I need to know that Teddy is falling asleep at the wheel.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#50 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 pm

dandridge this a very solid, grounded response.

My only quibble would be I believe another coach would win a few more games and the young players would be taught something different, if not better. I don't know if you're right the young guys still believe in Flip, but I'm not watching them closely enough to say you're wrong.

Personally, I would do the opposite of what you're saying if I were in Ted's shoes. If Ernie's contract is up and he's not going to be renewed, that means he is a lame duck. I would fire him today.

As far as Flip Saunders is concerned, he didn't always have young players and he won 29 and 26 games, and he's off to topping that. I don't even want my young players listening to him. He's not getting it done at all. He'd be fired today, too.

dandridge, a part of me says you're right and I'm wrong this time. I certainly can see the big picture is this is just Ted's second year. Wall didn't have any supervision or team guidance this summer. I think his legs aren't right. It's one thing to play a lot of pick up games. it is another to train in the weight room, in the pool, and with a proper trainer like Tim Grover. I am not blaming Ted or Wall.

My thing is all these people are rich athletes. It is a business and the idea beyond putting butts in the seats is to entertain and to win. Flip's guys aren't doing either. EG saved Ted big money the way he got rid of Arenas. Maybe that's Leonsis' idea of a good guy to run the business. But IMO, this team SUCKS in a major way.

Flip and Ernie really have to be the ones held responsible.

I wouldn't make rash decisions and major changes. The same way EG canned Eddie Jordan, when the Wizards had MANY injuries, I would can Grunfeld and Saunders. I would just push up Wittman and Sheppard to have change for the sake of change. Might cut a player and might trade one of the young guys.

Something needs to change.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#51 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:What made wall special wasa that if he had the correcty mentor to teach him how to think like a point guard.. To teach him the drills to make his nall handling skills chris paul elite...

Wall has attributes thatu can't teach like conpetitve drive, leadership and passion, toughness... He has a hunger to learn, he loves basketball its not just a sport that he chose second and he wants to be great. Its just sad that the nba has provided wall access to the treasure of knowledge and instruction that he needs to be elite.
Has wall ever had a one one session going against chris paul steve nash or jason kidd.
Why hasn't the nba made it much easier for young superstars to interact with hall of famers....right now wall can only go as far as the best point guard mind of thw wizards which is probably sam cassell a shoot first point guard who wasn't known for defense passing... Sam was basically a cradfty shooting guard with no vision.
U would think that once the competitive seasonis over the nba would have a program that encourages interactio n of young players and established vets. Without sloan, wall's only point guard guidance is from shoot first cassell.
Until ted figures out a way to get wall acess to grat point guard minds like jason kidd chris paul.. Stockton or coaches with experience developing hall of fmae point guards... Wall will be stuck in frozen status mentally while the years go by.
Wall has the hunger but he's doesn't have access to great point guard pass first minds. Until he gets access to these minds..and the wizards don't have it...he will waste his years and the wizards hopes of having a franchise point guard.

How will ted get wall acess to hall of fame pass first point guards? If not a point guard...then decond best thing is to have access to a coach who has developed a young hall of fame point guard and there aren't many.

Jason kidd,Andre miller, stevenash ..we almost got mike bibby who ditched us.
Having wall play behind steve nash actually would be ideal but convincing a great pass first point guard mind..be it old veteran player or coach to come to wizards is the challenge of the great leonsis.

In ted we trust. We need an aol miracle..when no one knew its potential but ted.

I don't think it is feasible to talk about a new coach until next season.

I don't think any great guard will willingly be a part of the Wizards. They will either have to trade for the PG or acquire one. I have a simple solution: Just get a good, veteran PG who's out there looking for work.

Antonio Daniels was called up at playoffs last season by the Philadelphia 76ers, when Lou Williams got hurt. Daniels played well in the D League last season. I recall AD could no longer defend well at the NBA level, but one thing guy could do is run a team. Why not give him a call on a 10-day deal if he is healthy?

Another idea: Curtis Stinson was D-League player of the year and his team won the D-League championship. Right now, he's recovering from an injury that required surgery. But in about a month or two he should be the player he was. He's the kind of player who can at least be a good backup and change of pace to Wall.

I don't think Ted sucks but I do think too much patience is just opportunity wasted. Wall needs some help ASAP.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#52 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Dat said it exactly like I would - the plan is fine. It's the execution that's been lousy. Keeping on the architect of the mess this long has been a mistake that's really hard to understand. And because of that, it's not surprising that nothing was done to add a significant building block from the draft or via trade. Basically, the only thing they're doing right is... wait for it... playing really bad basketball. Kudos? Sorry, no. Image
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#53 » by Jay81 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:47 pm

for the record, I do want to tank and get a high lottery pick but not like this. Ideal tanking is where you are competitive... the players are getting better and your just losing because your not as talented as the other team. This year is a disaster because players are getting worse...we are competitive until the 1st quarter starts and we are getting blown out by 30 points a game and playing unwatchable ball. Last year was so much more watchable.

So this year is a disaster yet we havent made any changes. bad ted.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#54 » by montestewart » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:49 pm

TL: Ernie, remember that thing you did when Abe said to "win now?"
EG: You mean trade picks for veterans.
TL: No, I mean totally suck.
EG: Sure boss.
TL: Good, let's do it again, only this time we're going to call it "Lose now."

EG is the ultimate "I was only following orders" survivor, and Leonsis has the perfect cover. He said we were going to lose, and so his plan must be working to the letter. There's nothing here to criticize. Move along.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#55 » by Illuminaire » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm not as critical of EG's rebuild as some other people; I think that his draft choices are fairly defensible, overall, and have generally been good picks compared to his other options.

However, if he's really on the way out, now IS a good time to do it. The team is bad enough that you have a ready made excuse for the press. Moreover, you want the new guy prepping for the draft and trade deadline right now. You don't want to bring in a new GM cold turkey a month before the draft.
dandridge 10
Veteran

Post#56 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Dat2U wrote:

This where we disagree. You dismiss EG's presence by saying he's gone soon and won't be causing any future damage. What about the damage he's already caused and causing now?

I'm fine with "the plan". I agree with rebuilding through the draft. But I hate the current execution of the rebuild. I hate that were seeing no real improvement from our young guys. I hate the current culture of questionable basketball integrity and IQ. I hate the fact that EG drafts low skilled, run & jump athletes with no idea what their doing.

And the excuse that Wall or anyone else wasn't allowed to contact the organization until a month ago doesn't fly. Every player on every team in the league had the same issue. Wall's regression is unacceptable and it's time for folks in the front office to be held accountable.

The fact that Ed Tapscott is still in charge of player development is all I need to know that Teddy is falling asleep at the wheel.

Th damage that EG did was before Ted came on. And, I don't understand what you mean by the damage EG is doing now. Exactly what is he doing now that is causing damage? Again, I am no fan of EG and I wouldn't mind seeinghim canned. I just don't see the harm in waiting until is contract is over.

Regarding Wall, I don't understand your point about other players improving. If other players improved during the offseason, it was because the players took it upon themselves to improve. It wasnt anything that their organizations did because their organizations couldn't contact them either. Their organizations had nothing to do with their improvement over the summer.
dandridge 10
Veteran

Post#57 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:23 pm

CCJ, I agree with you that someone has to be held responsible for this mess. Where we disagree is who we think shares most of the blame. I tend to place more of the blame on the guys who actually play the game, and you tend to place the primary blame on the guys that dont.

Flip is basically doing everything you have wanted him to do at this point. He is playing McGee big minutes and not yanking him for every mistake. He is playing the young guys over veterans. He is giving Mack minutes and giving Serpahin minutes. He is playing the entire roster. Yet, its still Flip's fault.

People now blame Flip for the players tuning him out. Well, you know what, I blame the players. I blame the players for tuning out a coach that encourages them to SHARE THE BALL, I blame the players for TAKING DUMB SHOTS WHEN THEIR COACH TELLS THEM NOT TO, I blame the players SULKING AND GETTING DOWN ON THEMSELVES WHEN THE COACH TELLS THEM NOT TO, I blame the players for HAVING A PROBLEM PLAYING WITH ENERGY WHEN THEY ARE 1-10 AND THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF THE NBA, and I BLAME THE PLAYERS WHEN THEY COME INTO CAMP OUT OF SHAPE (BLATCHE) OR HAVEN'T IMPROVED THEIR JUMP SHOT (WALL).

While I think the talent on this roster sucks, I do think that these players are capable of playing better than they have. I just happen to think that if they would listen to their coach, they would. Its not rocket science that they would play better if they were less selfish and moved the ball. The players have acknowledged that to the press. If players really cared about winning, as opposed to individual stats and glory, they would do it. But, they dont. I blame them.

I want change to. I want new players who care about winning.
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#58 » by jivelikenice » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:31 pm

1. The players minus Arenas were purged in the 09-10 season. Aside from Arenas this was a new roster last season. Those 4 first rounders (JC in the trade included) were on our team last year, not picks who are getting their first opportunity just now. You can't excuse the pathetic display we've seen with part of the plan. The plan was never to be this bad.

2. The lockout was NBA-wide. We're the worst team in the league. Its not an excuse. Everyone dealt with it. How many of Rubio's teammates do you think ever met him before camp started? How many Cavs played with irving? teams that are younger than us with more recent additions to their roster are clearly outperforming us. Are they more talented? I don't know. All I do know is our talent doesn't compliment each other nor is are they playing to at least my opinion of their potential. Almost every player on the roster has regressed!

3. The evidence that players are tuning Flip out is performance and competitiveness. Period. As for Ernie, he signed Dray to the extension under Ted's watch. That's a fireable offense considering the cap hell he had us in previous to that.

4. No coach will turn this around? I completely disagree. I'm not saying a coach will make us a playoff team, but are you trying to tell me a Doug Collins, Tom Thib, or Larry Brown couldn't help this bunch become PROFESSIONAL NBA athletes. What we're seeing is not NBA quality. That's why its soo inexcusable. Wasting 66 games worth of potential basketball education would be an indictment against this organization. Players have to learn to prepare and execute like professionals. There's no way we'd have to deal with nonsense like wondering if we'd ever win a road game or not even being competitive in half our games if this bunch was properly prepared to be professionals. Its an embarrassment. Losing this much early on will only lead to further bad habits by the young players and will instill a culture of losing. Do you not see value in that?
jivelikenice
Analyst

Post#59 » by jivelikenice » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 pm

DallasShalDune wrote:This is insane. Did anyone expect us to be even a .500 year team this year?

No, but don't think we expected to be the worst team in the NBA, winless on the road yet again, and the JOKE OF THE NBA. ted's been in charge since midway through the 09-10 season. And like he liked to remind us all back then, he's been a minority owner for a lot longer. He knew what was going on all along and didn't go into this thing blind.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#60 » by closg00 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm

When the Wizards had their horrific start four seasons ago, President Ernie Grunfeld fired Eddie Jordan and released a statement that read, “Our 1-10 record is not acceptable and, more importantly, the way we have lost those games is not acceptable.”

Is 1-10 acceptable now? The expecations for a rebuilding team are considerably lower than a squad coming off four consecutive playoff appearances and featuring two all-stars in Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison (Gilbert Arenas missed all but six games). But this team is having a difficult time – because of talent, effort or both – of simply competing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... _blog.html

Return to Washington Wizards