ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Re: The Ultra Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#701 » by GhostsOfGil » Tue Feb 5, 2013 3:52 pm

leswizards wrote:While I agree that fans want to win, I disagree with the notion that they are bottom lined oriented. If that were the case, no one would ever be a Wizards' fan.

An executive for the Los Angeles Clippers is alleged to once have said "teams sell one of two things: success or hope". Right now, the Wizards are selling neither.
That is the problem with the injury excuse. The Wizards problems run deeper than injuries, and for us as fans to have hope that success is around the corner, we need to have faith that the Wizards' front office understand that the problems run deeper than injuries, and are taking steps to correct those problems.

+1 This is a great post.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#702 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 pm

LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011
Read these quotes. See the players' confidence building. See players developing right before your eyes. That is what a rebuild is all about. A new big three has announced its arrival - Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Big minutes - big productivity - big results. And wins, too. We are short-handed and so players are getting bigger minutes to show the world what they can do. We have two first round draft picks next off season. We have cap space. We are young. We have upside. We are becoming an exciting team to watch. The sun is shining out today. Admit it. It feels good to be Wizards fans watching the rebuild unfold, yes? I am so grateful to you all and I appreciate all of your positive emails. Thank you.

No, Ted.

Thank, YOU!!
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#703 » by GhostsOfGil » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

^ sigged
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 359

Post#704 » by Benjammin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 pm

fishercob wrote:
LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011
Read these quotes. See the players' confidence building. See players developing right before your eyes. That is what a rebuild is all about. A new big three has announced its arrival - Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Big minutes - big productivity - big results. And wins, too. We are short-handed and so players are getting bigger minutes to show the world what they can do. We have two first round draft picks next off season. We have cap space. We are young. We have upside. We are becoming an exciting team to watch. The sun is shining out today. Admit it. It feels good to be Wizards fans watching the rebuild unfold, yes? I am so grateful to you all and I appreciate all of your positive emails. Thank you.

No, Ted.

Thank, YOU!!

Another one bites the dust, and another one's down, another one's down, another one bites the dust...
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#705 » by keynote » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Ted needs to stop falling for EG's lines. He's never going to leave his wife for you, Ted. You can do better.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
bgroban
Junior
And1: 48

Post#706 » by bgroban » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Ted, in case you are reading this:

Mystics - 12th place out of 12 teams
Wizards - 28th place out of 30 teams
Capitals - 29th place out of 30 teams

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#707 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 pm

At this point, I can't even blame Ernie anymore. The blame all should go to Ted. There is enough evidence to demonstrate that Ernie is a failure. If a boss sticks with an employee that is sabotaging the company, it is the boss's fault for retaining him.

This is probably the most discouraged I have been as a Wizards fan and a season ticket holder. I thought Ted was going to be the savior for this franchise and I had hope for the first time in a long time. I no longer have that hope.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#708 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:43 pm

fishercob wrote:
LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011

No, Ted.

Thank, YOU!!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, vomit, or recoil into the fetal position.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
bgroban
Junior
And1: 48

Post#709 » by bgroban » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Ted's teams will never win a championship.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#710 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 pm

bgroban wrote:Ted, in case you are reading this:

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC

Wow. That pretty much says it all right there.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#711 » by mohammed10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 pm

nate33 wrote:

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC

+1
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Deivy202
Senior
And1: 9

Post#712 » by Deivy202 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 pm

nate33 wrote:

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC

Im stunned I really am worried about the wizards man , I dont even wanna think about calling them the bullets because they where never this HORRIBLE!
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#713 » by Upper Decker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 am

How would you know about the bullets? You're only 21. You're too young lol!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#714 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:19 am

nate33 wrote:

PATHETIC
PATHETIC
PATHETIC

Pretty much. LOSERS at the very bottom of the order.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#715 » by queridiculo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 am

The sad part is that there really isn't any hope of Ted ever selling this franchise with the way it is intertwined with Monumental sports, the Capitals, arena etc.

Leonsis is sitting on a gold mine, and his teams will continue to increase in value whether they win or not. In a town as transient as Washington, what better entertainment is there for an out of towner than to watch your favorite team beat up on the hapless Generals.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#716 » by mhd » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:11 pm

I wanted to post this on Ted's blog, but they some stupid requirement that allows monumental sports to look at your contacts. I'm letting Ted have that info, so I'm posting my comment in response to his blog on the Crawford trade here:

Mr. Leonsis, you stated that Blatche and Crawford were part of a new big three, and both of those players have since been traded. You stated that Jan Vesely is a good fundamental player. Vesely has roughly as many points as fouls and shoots an atrocious percentage from the free throw line. Will you at least be honest about the team? David Aldridge, as respected an NBA voice as there is, has stated that Vesley has no NBA game. What does he do well on the court? Klay Thompson, Kenneth Faried, Chandler Parsons, Brandon Knight, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, etc. were all selected after Jan and they have made much more of an impact. I'm sure you saw Farried's 40 point effort in the rookie-sophomore game at all-star weekend. Will you at least give the die-hard Wizards fan some honesty when talking about the team? Instead of taking Parsons, the Wizards took Shelvin Mack who has been cut twice by the team? In this past 2nd round, the Wizards had a high 2nd rounder (which are more valuable than late 1st rounders due to their non-garunteed nature), and decided to take Satoranski because there was no room for anyone. I'm sure you always evaluate the front office. What is their explanation on their moves? What is their rationale for taking Vesely? Honestly, do you think Vesley could ever be an NBA rotation player? Would any other team in the NBA have him play right now?
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#717 » by Knighthonor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 pm

queridiculo wrote:The sad part is that there really isn't any hope of Ted ever selling this franchise with the way it is intertwined with Monumental sports, the Capitals, arena etc.

Leonsis is sitting on a gold mine, and his teams will continue to increase in value whether they win or not. In a town as transient as Washington, what better entertainment is there for an out of towner than to watch your favorite team beat up on the hapless Generals.

Same thing was said about the redskins. But there is always hope.

Yeah took a long time to get a RG3 or Morris.. Well when will the Wizards get their own RG3 or Morris?
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#718 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 pm

He is a pathetic person. He has absolutely no balls and can't make tough decisions.

TL;DR: Ted Leonsis is a coward.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#719 » by Higga » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm

LEARNING TO WIN
Posted on April 06, 2011

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#720 » by pineappleheadindc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:30 pm

We seem to be doing lots of trading of Wizards to get rid of them, instead of doing trades to acquire key pieces.

We need to get rid of malcontents, of guys who aren't mature, etc.

Just who the heck drafted or acquired these lousy players in the first place?

HMMMMMMM.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda

Return to Washington Wizards