ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Suck Theodore Leonsis Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Theodore Leonsis Thread 

Post#21 » by fishercob » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:The changes that needed to be made are irrelevant to the amount of regular season games we've played.

Shanahan didn't need a *single* regular season game to begin making the major changes needed to win. He got rid of most of the people who failed before, and gave everyone else a chance to succeed under his system.

Probably, EG has acquitted himself well this offseason, but at the very least, Ted could have replaced the **** MEDICAL STAFF.

Listen, I've never met you. But I'm really really confident that Ted Leonsis is smarter than you -- and not just by a little bit. So when it comes to things like building an organization, gauging talent and leadership abilities, and focusing on the long term, I'm going to defer to the guy who started with nothing and is now a multi-millionaire on the strength of his success.

Take a deep breath and have some patience.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,306

Post#22 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:This coming offseason I feel is when Ted is going to make this "his" team. Buying an NBA franchise is a lot of work and with that comes getting a feel of how things run. It was probably his intention from the break to keep things status quo for a full season then evaluate everything at seasons end.

Ted is doing this right and I'd rather it take awhile to be done the right way instead of being rushed and set us back years.

+1

Rome wasn't built in a day. Ted may indeed need to make wholesale changes, but the fact that he hasn't done so yet doesn't mean he won't. Patience.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#23 » by fishercob » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:08 pm

That's a much more polite way of saying what I just said. I guess I'm kind of cranky this morning.
— Steve Martin
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#24 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:17 pm

fishercob wrote:That's a much more polite way of saying what I just said. I guess I'm kind of cranky this morning.

Well, you were already more polite here if we compare today's replies to what was on page 1. :lol:
fishercob
RealGM

Post#25 » by fishercob » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Progress!

What can I say, Jihad the anti-fan has a special place in my heart.
— Steve Martin
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#26 » by WizarDynasty » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:35 pm

the only way leonsis is included is because may he can't see that our team can't respond quickly after our first option on offense has been stopped and our team can't respond quickly and intelligently and a teams third option has been stopped. our players don't even know what to do once the third option in our offense has been stopped in a play. our players can't even execute a play past the second option. leonsis is sucky until he gets management to figure out a way to correct this and quickly with our young players. Leonsis is suppose to be a guru when it comes to technology so he has no excuse for not increasing the basketball IQ of his players since it increasing to the overall value of his asset.

mcGee needs to be benched until he knows where he should be located on the court after the 4th pass on multiple sets. he always seems lost after the 2nd pass. He just hasn't mastered thinking in advance when it comes to offense. on defense, he seems clueless as to what the weakness is on our teams defense after the first second option in the opposing teams offense has been denied and what the the strategic weakness was forced in our defense in order to stop the second option..and more importantly..what he is suppose to do to help us recover. This is absolute failure on the coaching staff and in particular Flip..and indirectly EG adn Leonsis.
We have the same problems with Yi..language..same problem with Thornton...same problem with all the young players.
What really troubling is the fact that our young players and serious problems understanding what our defense sacrifices strategically to stop the second and third options of the opposing teams offense...and haven't been trained far enough to figure out the holes that are created..and more importantly the most efficient way to regain a strategic advantage in a lightning quick fashion.
Flip would literally have to flash video of snap shots and mcgee and company should be able to in a lightening (lightning--(bright light bulb) quick fashion identify the weakness in a defensive formation and how they should respond and where they should be at on the court once the ball is rotated or passed 4 times to the 4th option.
There should be a classroom all day long. These arent' things that can easily be taught by rehearsal..you need snap shots.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
cwb3
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#27 » by cwb3 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:41 pm

With this thread, Ted's ownership tenure has truly begun!
montestewart wrote:Players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#28 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:43 pm

So now Ted is a liar.

The fact is, Ted said, pretty **** categorically, that we were not going to trade Arenas. That Arenas and Wall could play together for years. Now, we dumped him for Rashard Lewis, and nothing else, in a year where we don't need cap space for the foreseeable future, and after letting his "general manager" sabotage his trade value by making him not want to play.

Has any sports town had a collective run of futility as this town has had since 1992? Even the Caps aren't taken seriously because Ted is too far up his own ass to realize that his team is soft and he needs to do something about it, even if it means abandoning YOUTH UBER ALLES to make himself seem like a genius.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#29 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Why the **** is everyone blaming Ted? You want Ted to keep an unhappy sulking Arenas just for **** and giggles?

Give me a break. Blame Ernie, blame the ballboy, blame Gerald Wallace but if Gilbert wanted to be here, I doubt Ted would have made this move.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter

Post#30 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:39 pm

If Ted was really serious about keeping Arenas, EG would be long gone. The Arenas/EG relationship was toxic, starting last year.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:If Ted was really serious about keeping Arenas, EG would be long gone. The Arenas/EG relationship was toxic, starting last year.

Or maybe he plans on getting rid of both. We don't know yet. This year one of the rebuild, give it time.

EG being here or not would have made no difference to Gil. He wanted to be out of a losing environment where a veteran was not needed.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter

Post#32 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Fair enough, that's a decent explanation - I'll feel better if it comes out that Gil asked Ted for a trade directly.

Still, I really felt that Arenas could have had a long-term future here had we chose to make it happen, and I'm not sure we tried enough to do so.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#33 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:57 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:.Still, I really felt that Arenas could have had a long-term future here had we chose to make it happen, and I'm not sure we tried enough to do so.

I don't disagree with you but it easy to understand why this cluster **** happened last year. This team had no top level leadership after Abe died. It was under the process of going through an ownership shift. They were playing terrible after a lot of high expectations. They traded away most of the top level talent on the team. The coach was clearly unhappy with the situation.

The lack of PR savyness in regards to treating Gilbert was a direct result of no leadership at the highest level. I highly doubt we would have had the mess we did if Ted was in charge last year as well.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#34 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:35 am

Chaos Revenant wrote:If Ted was really serious about keeping Arenas, EG would be long gone. The Arenas/EG relationship was toxic, starting last year.

Yep, and we said that when Ted retained EG.

It's been in the cards to trade Gil all along. They never would have acquired Hinrich if keeping Gil was really the plan.
Bye bye Beal.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#35 » by Dat2U » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:50 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

It's been in the cards to trade Gil all along. They never would have acquired Hinrich if keeping Gil was really the plan.

True indeed. This thread now has merit. Teddy has hitched his wagon to Ernie's fat rear end and until he recognizes that he made a mistake in doing so, his Wizards are going nowhere no time soon.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#36 » by closg00 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 am

I agree with the recent post here, but want to wait until the next off-season in-fairness to Ted. Due to the timing of his takeover, he may not have had the time to do a proper house-cleaning. I am waiting to see what happens next summer. However, I think the fans to put the pressure on Ted to start-over with new management next year and bring in Pritchard to lead the re-build.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#37 » by Benjammin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:28 pm

So apparently when Uncle Ted said he would do the Dougie if the Wizards have a sellout, he qualified it by saying "Only if they're here to see the home team." How will he be able to judge that, when they sell out against the Timberwolves? I don't think he has to worry about dancing anytime soon, if that is his criterion.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#38 » by Jay81 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:36 am

until Ted replaces the medical staff, he will continue to be an amazingly sucky owner. Its not a coincidence that the caps and wizards are usually the 2 most injured teams in their leagues
Jay81
Starter

Post#39 » by Jay81 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Jay81 wrote:I will delete this thread once he

1) gets rid of the medical staff
2) gets rid of Ernie
3) and gets rid of Flip

until then..he is a bad owner of the Wizards. Enjoy the ketchup though!

I stand by this comment. He is the worst owner in the NBA and one year after i started this thread, we are a worse team and still have the exact same management pieces in place.

How he can sit there and watch this tragic situation is beyond me.

Ted is the worst owner in the NBA....
Jay81
Starter

Post#40 » by Jay81 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

True indeed. This thread now has merit. Teddy has hitched his wagon to Ernie's fat rear end and until he recognizes that he made a mistake in doing so, his Wizards are going nowhere no time soon.

can you believe were still in the same sinking boat

Return to Washington Wizards